Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Can't Start Threads Kill_Bill_Pana's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was stupid that he played in the Olympics. he was never healthy.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't hekp but wonder if those who appeared to be more cautious at the time turned out to be the more correct ones. I also wonder if anyone has ever said that his injury to his left ankle and that surgery in any way contributed to the injury in his right leg- like coming back too soon, favoring one leg...
    I blame you for not posting a bravatar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question. If someone could "guarantee" that the Spurs could get to the WCF without Manu (meaning Tim and Tony still play), would you still want the Spurs to sit Duncan and "find and exit strategy"?

I know I would be pissed.

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a Mavs beat writer.

Manu out for playoffs
    David Moore

San Antonio's playoff hopes have taken a serious blow.

Manu Ginobili is out for the remainder of the regular season and the playoffs. A CT scan and MRI revealed Monday that the Spurs star suffers from an increased marrow edema and a stress fracture in his right distal fibula.

If you're a MFFL, I know what you're thinking. If only the Mavericks can move up a spot or two and face the Spurs in the first round...

Well, be careful what you wish for. San Antonio is still a champion, something the Mavericks or any other team they face in the first round is not. If you don't think Tim Duncan and Tony Parker are capable of leading San Antonio to a first round victory against whatever team they face, you haven't been paying attention.

Have the Spurs slim hopes of a le disappeared with Ginobili's injury? Yes. But that doesn't mean they will go quietly into the playoff night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question. If someone could "guarantee" that the Spurs could get to the WCF without Manu (meaning Tim and Tony still play), would you still want the Spurs to sit Duncan and "find and exit strategy"?

I know I would be pissed.
    The Lakers would probably have beaten the Spurs with a healthy Manu. Without Manu, there's no shot in .

If resting Duncan for these playoffs would make a difference in his health going forward, you have to seriously consider it. No use putting unneeded mileage on his body.

First round exit or WCF exit ... doesn't make a difference once you have four rings.

My Playlist > Yours Pistons < Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Wow. Sorry Spur fans. That's some crappy ass news. Hopefully this doesn't seriously hinder his career from here on out. I'm not buying any sort of career ending thoughts. I'm remaining positive that he'll be back next year for you looking like his old self.

With my Pistons imploding this year, I was looking forward to riding the Spurs coattails for the playoff run. Don't let me down! Parker can carry the team just fine. This just opens the door for someone like Gooden, Mason, Hill or Hairston to take on a bigger role than they were expecting.

Don't give up Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My heart dropped to my stomach when I first saw this, then I realized it's just basketball we're talkign about here. So, it, what more could you ask for? Hopefully it's not career ending, we have a decent run in the post-season and we come back strong next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers would probably have beaten the Spurs with a healthy Manu. Without Manu, there's no shot in .

If resting Duncan for these playoffs would make a difference in his health going forward, you have to seriously consider it. No use putting unneeded mileage on his body.

First round exit or WCF exit ... doesn't make a difference once you have four rings.
    I think Pop is probably on the phone with Timmy about this right now. But I'm also pretty sure TD doesn't want to hear any of it.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go ahead and shut Duncan down and just hope for the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I'm also pretty sure TD doesn't want to hear any of it.
    Exactly. TD is a warrior. Pop would have to kidnap him to keep him from playing out the season.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitter much? And FWIW, there are no Olympics or World Championships this summer... so you can sleep easy.

As a paying customer your damn right I'm bitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My heart dropped to my stomach when I first saw this, then I realized it's just basketball we're talkign about here. So, it, what more could you ask for? Hopefully it's not career ending, we have a decent run in the post-season and we come back strong next year.
    You have me on ignore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not true imo. I don't buy into this self-imposed high standard that fans and media have set. You take things as they are. With the injuries all year and now, it would be a huge accomplishment to get to the WCF. No team wins it every year, does that mean they are failures? No.

Would we beat the Lakers with Manu, probably not. But all I know is if the Spurs can get to the WCF, they did not have Manu last year and at least Mason can help out some. They will not win, but as long as there are no long term injury repercussions to Tim (meaning it would not matter if he played the playoffs given the time he would have off during the offseason) then you go hard. Because it is an accomplishment to get to the WCF back-to-back and plus you get guys experience (Mason, Hill, Bonner...).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a paying customer your damn right I'm bitter.
    I'm a paying customer too. Injuries happen. Get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have me on ignore.
    A little too slow there. LOL I caught my mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people want les and when the same player blows it against dallas with his stupid foul
    then gets hurt against the lakers
    and now gets hurt this year
    3 years in the row he blows it
    IT GETS OLD
    Would you please take your bull somewhere else.

We know our Spurs history. Your a frickin vulture.

ESAD!!!

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a paying customer too. Injuries happen. Get over it.

Bull .

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true imo. I don't buy into this self-imposed high standard that fans and media have set. You take things as they are. With the injuries all year and now, it would be a huge accomplishment to get to the WCF. No team wins it every year, does that mean they are failures? No.

Would we beat the Lakers with Manu, probably not. But all I know is if the Spurs can get to the WCF, they did not have Manu last year and at least Mason can help out some. They will not win, but as long as there are no long term injury repercussions to Tim (meaning it would not matter if he played the playoffs given the time he would have off during the offseason) then you go hard. Because it is an accomplishment to get to the WCF back-to-back and plus you get guys experience (Mason, Hill, Bonner...).

Rings or bust at this point in duncans career.

Year would be a bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not bull . We were riddled with injuries in 1999-2000. Duncan had planar fasciitis pretty much throughout 2005-2006.This year it was Manu's turn. It just happens. I would say we were pretty lucky in being healthy considering the amount of veterans we played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool he'll be healthy to play for argentna this summer but not for the trleam he earns his living. Wouldn't shock me a bit.
    I'm pretty sure he and Oberto retired from the national team. Didn't he say that this past summer was to be his last compe ion with them?

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people want les and when the same player blows it against dallas with his stupid foul
    then gets hurt against the lakers
    and now gets hurt this year
    3 years in the row he blows it
    IT GETS OLD
    You're a .

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the injury is a fracture now, not a stress reaction. So that's already indicative that it's much worse than before. I just hope that swelling of the marrow isn't another problem that is going to be ongoing into next year.
    Sorry I'm a little late to the party...

Admittedly it's been a while since my knee surgery, but the swollen edema part for the most part is just an indicator of trauma (i.e., the fracture), however depending on what they find it could be an indicator for osteoarthritis in his future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rings or bust at this point in duncans career.

Year would be a bust.
    Bull my friend. So Duncan is supposed to win a le every year or else it is a failure?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe others agree with you but I really don't care what happens outside of a championship. Winning Game 7 on the road last year against the Hornets was a great accomplishment and all ... but at the end of the day all that will be remembered is the Lakers beat the Spurs.

I could see the logic in going all out the rest of the way as long as Duncan's future health isn't in jeopardy. Risking any Duncan injury isn't worth 1,000 moral victories ... much less 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I have to say, this is one nasty can of SPAM.

Thread Information