Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's like he looks this s*** up before he posts it just to set himself up...
    Yeah, it's actually better than Carmelo's, Joe Johnson's and Danny Grainger's and about the same as Paul Pierce's FG% (.455). He's a wing player. Oh well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally the Pop coaching since the asg doesn't appear so bizarro...

Completely agree. They obviously knew they were testing the leg. maybe it was CIA Pop after all. It's hard for me to believe that the medical staff had no idea this could happen if they played him too soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not? Bryon Russell was on ESPN today saying that he wants to play for someone in the playoffs.
    I'm pretty sure that he would have had to be signed by March 1st....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . What a ed up bit of news to wake up to. Get through it Manu

The only positive I can think of in my own mind is that it removes what was probably false hope the Spurs could win. I can now watch the playoffs without expectation, therefore the dissapointment won't be as devastating as usual. Still, it sucks watching knowing that the boys can't go all the way. Weird feeling as a Spur fan

But, I guess this season hasn't felt right from the very start. An NBA championship is won partly due to injury luck and this season, nothing has gone right for the Spurs.

Hopefully the Spurs can provide us with a memorable first round effort. The greatest PF of all time playing hurt, a prime All-Star PG and a ragtag group of young guys, old guys and guys nobody wanted, playing free without expectation.

Let's go Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree. They obviously knew they were testing the leg. maybe it was CIA Pop after all. It's hard for me to believe that the medical staff had no idea this could happen if they played him too soon.
    They needed to play him before the POs !

timvp made a good post on that, I think he is right, Pop has coached the team in function of this eventuality !!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who the are you to tell any of us to leave? go yourself. just because we're fans doesn't mean we're gonna lose all objectivity. manu being out is bad news and it will most likely mean an early exit for the spurs. what's the harm in expressing that opinion? do you really think that what we post here is going to have any bearing on the playoffs?
    +1

I'm sick of delusional fans criticizing realistic fans.

Dear "delusionals",

We all love the Spurs, but instead of sounding like foolishly optimistic twits, most of us are making the conscious choice of keepin' it real.

"... take your negitive else where"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sorry about Manu, Spurs fans. I know ya'll are tired of dealing with the whole thing. Hang in there. Maybe shutting him down for the next 6 months will give the ankle time to actually heal. Tough break.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure that he would have had to be signed by March 1st....
    I think you can sign a player who hasn't played for any other NBA team in the current season up until the day before the playoffs start.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    horry is not the answer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey ogee i since anger ya need to work on that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to all the Fans from the other teams showing support... thanks this is a tough one for us all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has alot of rings bro and experince you cant put a price on that bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things would not completely surprise me:

That Manu may never play again (or may never play even close to the way he did before).

That Manu may be back for the second round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry about Manu, Spurs fans. I know ya'll are tired of dealing with the whole thing. Hang in there. Maybe shutting him down for the next 6 months will give the ankle time to actually heal. Tough break.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has alot of rings bro and experince you cant put a price on that bro
    so does dennis rodman, let's bring him back. i bet he's in better shape than horry

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, all you people talking about Manu are pieces of ungrateful . You dog on the guy for honoring his country by choosing to play the sport he loves on the WORLD stage, and now you come in here and say "I told you so!" after he gets hurt! Yeah, we get it, maybe not the best choice to play at the Olympics with a bad ankle, but come on, show a little respect. He has been such a HUGE part of our success it's not even funny. A season ending injury and youre calling for him to walk the plank...pathetic. Ill bet it WONT take 12-18 months for him to be healthy again, and ill BELIEVE that he will still give us a few productive years even after this injury. Go ahead and jump the Spurs ship now, but ill follow it AND Manu till the ends of the earth.....GO...SPURS...GO!

1.21 JIGGAWATTS! Lebowski Brickowski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finley should get about 40-45 minutes a night now, including 15+ shots and the top defensive assignment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rodman he is no leader he is a crack head crab infested dude should i say more

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Awesome sig, Russ!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tar Heels are blowing out Spartans, but I`m very sad, because of Manu.

That`s ed up...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st round KO!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, all you people talking about Manu are pieces of ungrateful . You dog on the guy for honoring his country by choosing to play the sport he loves on the WORLD stage, and now you come in here and say "I told you so!" after he gets hurt! Yeah, we get it, maybe not the best choice to play at the Olympics with a bad ankle, but come on, show a little respect. He has been such a HUGE part of our success it's not even funny. A season ending injury and youre calling for him to walk the plank...pathetic. Ill bet it WONT take 12-18 months for him to be healthy again, and ill BELIEVE that he will still give us a few productive years even after this injury. Go ahead and jump the Spurs ship now, but ill follow it AND Manu till the ends of the earth.....GO...SPURS...GO!
    +1

My hope for the POs now is that Pop has Ian and Hairston on the roster, so if they are ever up 2 games in any series, play the rooks.

Since the active rotation is now:

TP/Hill/JV
    Mason/Ime
    Finley/Bowen
    Tim/Gooden
    Bonner/KT/Fab

Why not put in Ian and Hairston for Fab and Ime or JV(2 of them won't be back) and just let them play? I'm not saying give up, but old vets + The Big 2 won't work, maybe heavy minutes from Hairston, Hill, and Gooden would do something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it wasn't a fracture at first. It was a stress reaction that healed enough to be cleared by doctors to play. But obviously, it wasn't time yet
    I can't hekp but wonder if those who appeared to be more cautious at the time turned out to be the more correct ones. I also wonder if anyone has ever said that his injury to his left ankle and that surgery in any way contributed to the injury in his right leg- like coming back too soon, favoring one leg...

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool he'll be healthy to play for argentna this summer but not for the trleam he earns his living. Wouldn't shock me a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool he'll be healthy to play for argentna this summer but not for the trleam he earns his living. Wouldn't shock me a bit.
    Bitter much? And FWIW, there are no Olympics or World Championships this summer... so you can sleep easy.

Thread Information