Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Towns and Gobert can’t guard the Joker even by double teaming him. DPOY my ass, that’s weak sauce!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets Spurs 1995 WCF went this way with road team winning first five games.

Seeds wise Denver is the Spurs and Minn the Rockets. But the higher seed looks to take it this time around.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup its true.. nggets isnt a defensive team at all..its better to be a good offensive team than a good defensive team.. also joker isnt good at defense.
    That's the league now. You don't want to be a defensive doormat, but you do have to have a dominant offense. Look at the spurs. If they add at least one more plus defender they will be okay. Other than that they need scorers and guys that know how to work within the offense which will work around Wemby and he will allow those guys offensive strengths to flourish because of his dominance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well , the rumors of the Nuggets' demise were indeed greatly exaggerated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minni should be rolling but weak minds are getting in the way.
    Edwards needs to figure out how to turn his team into winners it’s not enough to ball out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well , the rumors of the Nuggets' demise were indeed greatly exaggerated.
    timvp making his comments about a defensive revival.

Welp

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Even Towns and Gobert can’t guard the Joker even by double teaming him. DPOY my ass, that’s weak sauce!!!
    No one can guard the 3 time MVP. He's smart and patient, big and talented. Dangerous combinations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the league now. You don't want to be a defensive doormat, but you do have to have a dominant offense. Look at the spurs. If they add at least one more plus defender they will be okay. Other than that they need scorers and guys that know how to work within the offense which will work around Wemby and he will allow those guys offensive strengths to flourish because of his dominance.
    Imy point is in todays league offense is more important than defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one can guard the 3 time MVP. He's smart and patient, big and talented. Dangerous combinations.
    When he's on your team it doesn't matter if you're a good defensive team. He can take over at any moment. It's just the way it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imy point is in todays league offense is more important than defense.
    Absolutely. I see a lot of guys on here clamoring for guys that are good defenders. More than anything you need smart players who can be taught to play good team defense. That's more important than this league now than individual defenders. The Spurs have Wemby. They need good shooters and playmakers. Being a plus individual defender is a luxury at this point.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    TIME PLAY DEN MIN
    0.0 End of the 2nd Quarter 64 49
    0.0 (00:00) [Nuggets] REF-INITIATED REVIEW (CALL STANDS) 64 49
    0.0 Jamal Murray makes 55-foot three point jumper 64 49
    1.1 Nickeil Alexander-Walker bad pass (Jamal Murray steals) 61 49
    1.1 Michael Porter Jr. makes 2-foot dunk (Nikola Jokic assists) 61 49
    4.1 Anthony Edwards lost ball turnover (Nikola Jokic steals) 59 49
    20.0 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope makes 25-foot three point jumper (Nikola Jokic assists) 59 49
    33.1 Rudy Gobert personal foul 56 49
    48.1 Anthony Edwards makes 27-foot three pointer 56 49
    The pups showed their immaturity during that stretch. They played well up to then, relying so much on their 3pt shooting to close the gap, but then just went full re . Had AE scored 2 vs turning it over, it's an 8 point game at the half, vs a 15 point game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You trippin!

https://www.google.com/search?q=wemb...ile-gws-video#

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting developments in these POs. Let's see what the future holds.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Didn't Joker have like 42 that night?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Interesting developments in these POs. Let's see what the future holds.
    The East playoffs feel like regular season ball. The West feels like playoffs. Teams have ratcheted up the intensity in the West, but it's still a lot of loose defense in the East.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel bad for Edwards. He is superstar talented and has to deal with this hodgepodge of good defensive players but limited offensive players. They desperately need a true offensive number two.
    Wait. I thought he was Jordan?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I like about you is how easily you take the bait. The next game Wemby went 34-12 and Joker 22-7. After the 9 block game, Joker barely tried Wemby who was now living rent free in his mind. Meanwhile Joker knows he can simultaneously dismantle KAT and Gobert. Massive difference, though fairly disingenuous of you not to admit that massive difference and truth.

Oh yeah Wemby also put up 17 in 3 minutes as SPURS WIN!!!! Knocking DEN from 1st to 3rd in the West.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets Spurs 1995 WCF went this way with road team winning first five games.

Seeds wise Denver is the Spurs and Minn the Rockets. But the higher seed looks to take it this time around.
    It reminds more of Suns vs Rockets in '94. Suns were the 3 seed while the Rockets were the 2 seed. Rockets end up losing the first 2 games at home and then end up winning the next two on the road in Phoenix and would go on to win the series in 7 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait. I thought he was Jordan?
    MJ had Pippen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was their penultimate meeting

Wemby has gotten better and better all year long and during their last meeting Jokic avoided him all game long or posted him to always end up passing the ball, until clutch time where he went, tried and got rejected.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ had Pippen.
    Ant is clearly not MJ and it's a great thing for him. He seems to be a great human being, protecting his teammates and doesn't seem to carry any trauma

MJ was MJ bc he had a big brother and a dad who bullied him, because he was on the bench in highschool etc

The "I took it personnal" is more than a meme, it's a symptom of a trauma that make you a head that Ant isn't

Ant will be Ant and I can't wait to see what kind of man and player he'll become.

He's by far my favorite player to watch (after Victor of course)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely. I see a lot of guys on here clamoring for guys that are good defenders. More than anything you need smart players who can be taught to play good team defense. That's more important than this league now than individual defenders. The Spurs have Wemby. They need good shooters and playmakers. Being a plus individual defender is a luxury at this point.
    I've been one of those guys. Weve had historically awful defenses at a time that coincided with our amongst the worst team records. Good individual defenders are not mutually exclusive from good team defenders but the inverse cannot be said. Good team defenders are most definitely not always good individual defenders. I think it's clear this team's biggest shortcoming over the past 3 or so years has been the abomination of not being able to stay in front of their man in individual defense.

You'll notice that started to change at the tail end of last season with the insertion of better skilled defenders like Wesley, Sandro, and especially Champagnie getting some more minutes. Getting Keldon off the court makes a huge difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CelticRef stepping up big at the end of the 3rd qtr on Cleveland 3 point attempt.

Obvious hack by Celtics.

This "You can only challenge twice a game" is such bull .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics have no sense of urgency or killer instinct. As soon as their barrage of threes isn't falling, they're lost. That's on Mazzulla.

If whoever comes out of the West is still healthy, Celtics will be in for a rude awakening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum acting like he's some baddass in the interview.

"I beens to the 2nd Round lot's of times in my career."

Big deal dipstick. With teams that had Championship talent you've been to the 2R. Woopie.

Thread Information