Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On to 2010. What a ty end to the season, next year is likely the last shot to get Number 5..
    Sadly I think the Tim Duncan era has come to an end, The Spurs would have to make some pretty big roster adjustments if they want to contend next year.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the way Manu was running was like an impact wrench where there is constant pounding on his leg, instead of smooth movements where the impact is absorbed, similar to a shock absorber. Sorry for the comparison. Its what comes to mind.
    Somebody get Tony Parker a pair of New Balances STAT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the way Manu was running was like an impact wrench where there is constant pounding on his leg, instead of smooth movements where the impact is absorbed, similar to a shock absorber. Sorry for the comparison. Its what comes to mind.
    Exactly. That's what it looked like to me. There's no way to confirm but it makes sense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey guys, we won 4 les and made countless other runs in the past 10 years....sadily, the past few years has reminded me of the 2000-2002 spurs, they were real good, but no way were they going to beat the lakers..it was great getting over the hump in 2003, and being great until 2007, but I think with that Gasol trade, even if manu, the lakers were going to be hard to beat. Worst trade of all time, but stern is ok with it, LAL is good again. anyways, why can't anyone show me the exact play manu got hurt, I have every playoff game on dvd from last year, could never see anything that caused it...which probably isnt a good thing, manu's ankle just cant hold up anymore...pretty sad. well, enjoy the rest of the season guys, even though we won't win, tim duncan, pop, TP in the playoffs is always fun to watch..just enjoy it, over worrying if they will win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mean to sound negative but what is the point in playing Tim Duncan anymore..... We all know that we couldn't contend with the Lakers without a HEALTHY Manu, and now without Manu we will be lucky to pass the first round.

I say shut down Timmy D unless we all want to prolong the inevitable.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This really sucks for Manu. I know that this is killing him on the inside much more than it is on the outside. Get well Manu and we'll see you at training camp.

As far as the team goes, this doesn't change much from an expectations standpoint. With the recent developments in the rotations I wasn't giving us much of a chance anyway. If anything, it saves us from having to watch him go balls out in the playoffs only to watch us fall...possibly risking more injury for nothing. I'm not trying to be an ass here so don't take it that way. Just giving my honest opinion.

We got some young players coming in and if we re-sign Gooden or bring in Rasheed with the MLE we will be right back up there again. Hopefully Manu will be there too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct, the marrow edema, Think of the healing as organized scar tissue. Initially the body may overreact a bit, forming scar tissue and adhesions. but as you slowly get to be a bit more active, that scar tissue will reorganize and act as that supporting structure. As your activity increases, unnecessary scar tissue will likely fall by the wayside so that the final outcome (12-18 months) is a a well organized tissue structure!!

Laker hater you are so wrong. STFU and get your ass out of here with your worthless opinions. Are you an M.D., didn't think so. Manu will be back-and your premature diagnosis of 12-18 month bull is exactly that-bull .

Stress fractures heal well and depending on the grade will take a few months to heal. It all depends if it's a grade 1-4 fracture which we won't know until they give us more info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ludden update:

Stress fracture sidelines Ginobili for season
    By Johnny Ludden, Yahoo! Sports
    2 hours, 12 minutes ago

Buzz up!5 votes PrintThe San Antonio Spurs’ playoff hopes took a severe hit on Monday when the team announced star guard Manu Ginobili will miss the remainder of the season, including the playoffs, because of a stress fracture in his right leg.

Ginobili experienced stiffness in his right leg during Sunday’s loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers. An MRI and CT scan taken on Monday revealed the stress fracture.

Spurs officials said Ginobili will continue to be treated with rest and rehab. Surgery is not currently planned.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not all bad I guess... at least this will open up some more minutes for Finley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mean to sound negative but what is the point in playing Tim Duncan anymore..... We all know that we couldn't contend with the Lakers without a HEALTHY Manu, and now without Manu we will be lucky to pass the first round.

I say shut down Timmy D unless we all want to prolong the inevitable.
    Then why play Parker? Why not just pick the guys that aren't going to be on the team next year and trot them out there. After all, it's not like the Suns are busting their ing asses trying to get to the playoffs, even if they know they have little chance of advancing.

And I get called a spoiled fan by expecting good decisions from the coach...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not all bad I guess... at least this will open up some more minutes for Finley.

That's even more depressing than hearing Manu is out for season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a sad day but when I read that but then I realized it may be true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whhhhaatttttttt ???????????? I thought this thread was a weird bump... mn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats so harsh and you know it.

I'm trying to belive that this will open up minutes for Hill

To be honest, if the Spurs can get the Hill they had at the start of the season with the RMJ they had at the start of the season they can probably make it to the WCF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I can't belive it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu is a warrior no pain no gain

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is done for the season and for the playoffs!

The San Antonio Spurs today announced that guard Manu Ginobili will miss the remainder of the 2008-09 regular season as well as the 2009 NBA Playoffs.

Ginobili felt stiffness in his lower right leg during the Spurs-Cavaliers game in Cleveland on Sunday afternoon. Following the game he returned to San Antonio. Earlier today, in San Antonio, he underwent a CT scan and an MRI. The examinations showed an increased marrow edema and a stress fracture in his right distal fibula.
    The stiffness started from his brain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JV getting torched by the Cavs' guards didn't open up minutes for Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ludden update:

Stress fracture sidelines Ginobili for season
    By Johnny Ludden, Yahoo! Sports
    2 hours, 12 minutes ago

Buzz up!5 votes PrintThe San Antonio Spurs’ playoff hopes took a severe hit on Monday when the team announced star guard Manu Ginobili will miss the remainder of the season, including the playoffs, because of a stress fracture in his right leg.

Ginobili experienced stiffness in his right leg during Sunday’s loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers. An MRI and CT scan taken on Monday revealed the stress fracture.

Spurs officials said Ginobili will continue to be treated with rest and rehab. Surgery is not currently planned.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
    Thanks for the update.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally the Pop coaching since the asg doesn't appear so bizarro...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats so harsh and you know it.

To be honest, if the Spurs can get the Hill they had at the start of the season with the RMJ they had at the start of the season they can probably make it to the WCF.
    'Eh, I believed having Jacque Vaughn would open up minutes for Hill and look how that worked.

Based on this season so far, my assumption was the only logical one to make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JV getting torched by the Cavs' guards didn't open up minutes for Hill.
    ty but true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker hater you are so wrong. STFU and get your ass out of here with your worthless opinions. Are you an M.D., didn't think so. Manu will be back-and your premature diagnosis of 12-18 month bull is exactly that-bull .

Stress fractures heal well and depending on the grade will take a few months to heal. It all depends if it's a grade 1-4 fracture which we won't know until they give us more info.
    My wife is, shes the 1 telling me this!!!

There are 4:
    Stage I - Focal compression of the subchondral bone (bone beneath the cartilage)

Stage II - Focal compression of the subchondral bone with partial detachment of a fragment of cartilage

Stage III - Focal compression of the subchondral bone with a fully detached fragment of cartilage, still situated in place at the site of injury

Stage IV - Focal compression of the subchondral bone with a fully detached fragment of cartilage, detached from the site of injury and floating in the joint space

Calm down, I'm bothered by this too!

get your shoehorn ready... Joe Schmoogins's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible news...

I'm very hurt to hear this, as I'm sure all Spurs fans are. It's a tough break, and it has left me very sad at the moment. For those who are blaming Manu... You all are pure trash.

I've got to say a couple things though...

1. FORGET ABOUT AN EXIT STRATEGY

I just want to see this team go balls to the wall and give it everything they've got going out guns blazing head held high. If we're going down, let's take whoever we can down with us.

2. FORGET ABOUT RESTING TIM

Of course this depends on whether or not he is healthy, but if Tim wants to play, then let him play. The days of watching Tim Duncan play are quickly fading away, and I for one want to take every advantage available to watch the greatest pf to ever lace them up. Also, Playoff Timmy is an absolute animal, and even if we don't win it all, let's not deprive the world of watching Tim potentially do something amazing (ex: the three in game 1 against the suns last year).

3. COME TOGETHER AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM

If you are a Spurs fan, God bless you. Now there is a time for everything. Obviously, a time for complaining and criticism, but more importantly a time to wear your colors proudly, wave your flag, put on that beautiful silver and black, and support your TEAM. Figure it out Spurs fan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can still win the championship without Manu.

Thread Information