Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't sign Anderson.

Trading Neal/CJ/Blair for Humphries... wouldn't work financially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't sign Anderson.

Trading Neal/CJ/Blair for Humphries... wouldn't work financially.
    We can sign Anderson, we just won't.

And no need for a trade -- KH is an UFA. The "wouldn't work financially" part is still on-point, though... unless we were to trade Stephen Jackson and Timmy were to agree to a heroically reduced salary this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno......do you think the Spurs would be able to re-sign Duncan, Green, Diaw, and Mills?

If so, do you think they can bring over Lorbek, Sani, and de Colo?

Finally, I do not know how the CBA works, but do you think the Spurs could possibly sign Anderson and then trade he, Blair, and Joseph to NJ for Humphries (BTW, NJ would have to re-sign Humphries)?
    It will be difficult to make that scenario work. It will take a lot of players signing below their market value and Nets being fine with this S&T which I doubt.

Even in the unlikely case Spurs could do this scenario, they shouldn't do it. Depth is for sure great but too much depth is negative. Spurs have experienced it in 2010 at SG/SF with Ginobili, Jefferson, Hill, Bogans, Finley and Mason. The result was Mason asking for a trade and Finley buying out his contract. In your scenario, the team is definitively too deep at PF/C.

Speaking of De Colo, he is playing the Spanish league semifinal against Barcelona and Lorbek. It's a best of 5 series in a 2-2-1 format. Teams are tied 1-1 after the first 2 games played in Barcelona.
    In the first game, Barcelona blew Valencia out. Lorbek was great and destroyed Valencia when the game was still relatively close. De Colo was a disaster in that game.
    In the second game, Valencia surprisingly won after a slow start. De Colo made some huge plays in the clutch time. Lorbek wasn't bad but he had a limited impact. De Colo made a great/crazy pass in that game too: http://acbtv.acb.com/video/5063-lacb...s_capaz_de_ver

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 bigmen rotation is good. Duncan , Lorbek, Bonner, Tiago, Diaw is optimal. With Leonard playing 4 in smallball lineups. But going Parker, Gino, Green, Mills, Neal, Joseph and De Colo at guards it`s way too much.

Only way De Colo will be a Spur next year is when Green is out, Joseph is traded or demoted for a year, and he will sign for around 1mil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 bigmen rotation is good. Duncan , Lorbek, Bonner, Tiago, Diaw is optimal. With Leonard playing 4 in smallball lineups. But going Parker, Gino, Green, Mills, Neal, Joseph and De Colo at guards it`s way too much.

Only way De Colo will be a Spur next year is when Green is out, Joseph is traded or demoted for a year, and he will sign for around 1mil.
    I agree that 7 guards is ridiculous. Mills has a player option, so De Colo might be a possibility if Mills exercises his option and goes somewhere else.

Unless Joseph makes a huge leap, he's in no way a realistic option for NBA minutes next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joseph is going to be playing in the D-Leauge next year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker, DeColo and Mills will be our PGs, probably in that order.
    Green, Manu and Neal are our SG, probably in that order too.

Given that Manu can play point for small periods of time, it would take injuries to a couple of our PGs before Joseph gets called up from the Toros, where I would think he'll spend virtually all next season, or at least the maximum time a player can spend in the D-League if there is a limit. Think of Joseph as a 'hot spare', and our depth looks strong instead of too much.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker, DeColo and Mills will be our PGs, probably in that order.
    Green, Manu and Neal are our SG, probably in that order too.

Given that Manu can play point for small periods of time, it would take injuries to a couple of our PGs before Joseph gets called up from the Toros, where I would think he'll spend virtually all next season, or at least the maximum time a player can spend in the D-League if there is a limit. Think of Joseph as a 'hot spare', and our depth looks strong instead of too much.
    Is DeColo a capable PG? Or is it simply "better than Neal" at this point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    En of the season for Nando. Valencia lost 3-1 in semifinal against Barcelona. Nando has had a huge game 4. All in all, he has had a great season even if he should be more consistent.

Rumors from Spain are that he will join Spurs this summer:
    http://encestando.es/?p=32228

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo rumored to come means Neal done as a spur? Cause it makes no sense to keep both De Colo and Neal.

Does Neal worth a 20+ first round pick this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo rumored to come means Neal done as a spur? Cause it makes no sense to keep both De Colo and Neal.

Does Neal worth a 20+ first round pick this year?
    Why would it not make sense?...Both Neal and Manu will be entering the final seasons of there contract next season and Green is a FA this coming offseason. As long as the Spurs sign there key FA's 1st (lorbek or Diaw, Green) and as long as De colo comes for cheap then there is no reason not to bring him over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think he'll get Oberto-type treatment? I don't get the feeling the Spurs would try to put him in the rotation right when he comes over (unless he's that amazing). Perhaps get spot minutes in the first year behind Parker/Manu/Neal/Green(/Joseph?) and then become a key rotation player in '14?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think he'll get Oberto-type treatment? I don't get the feeling the Spurs would try to put him in the rotation right when he comes over (unless he's that amazing). Perhaps get spot minutes in the first year behind Parker/Manu/Neal/Green(/Joseph?) and then become a key rotation player in '14?
    Even if De Colo does come over, unless we trade Neal or someone kills it in training camp and preseason, I predict we'll start the season with the same rotation we have now, with Cory still in Austin and Nando on the third string in Patty Mills's spot. If he earns the minutes at some point, he'll have a chance to take over as the backup point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the moment, there is only one source reporting that De Colo would go to Spurs so I'm taking with a grain of salt like the earlier rumor he would go to Madrid. Hopefully, we will have more news in the coming days.

Regarding his playing time, it will mainly depend on 2 questions:
    Will Pop continue the Neal at PG experiment?
    Will Pop play Nando at the PG spot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the moment, there is only one source reporting that De Colo would go to Spurs so I'm taking with a grain of salt like the earlier rumor he would go to Madrid. Hopefully, we will have more news in the coming days.

Regarding his playing time, it will mainly depend on 2 questions:
    Will Pop continue the Neal at PG experiment?
    Will Pop play Nando at the PG spot?
    If pop has no problem giving Neal the back pg position then he should have no problem letting NDC play the same position. They both are horrible defenders with Neal being a better scorer and NDC being the better ball handler.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realgm is reporting the same thing but via San Antonio Express-News (which uses the same source that Bruno provided).

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...purs_For_12_13

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could mean that Spurs don't bring in Lorbek, which would have some logic.
    MLE will likely be used for Diaw and LLE likely won't be enough for Lorbek, but enough for DE Colo. after re signing Diaw an acquisition of Lorbek is no longer a major need anyway.

btw. I don't care about the possible back court rotation at this point. Spurs should just stockplie talent and then figuere out whatever works best. if DeColo pushes Neal out of the rotation...so be it. Neal makes 850K next season, so even if he ends up as a 3rd stringer behind De colo next year, he just makes the money any other 3rd stringer would make either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw. I don't care about the possible back court rotation at this point. Spurs should just stockplie talent and then figuere out whatever works best. if DeColo pushes Neal out of the rotation...so be it. Neal makes 850K next season, so even if he ends up as a 3rd stringer behind De colo next year, he just makes the money any other 3rd stringer would make either.
    Besides, if he gets knocked out of the rotation, Neal is still great injury insurance for Manu (or whoever else in the backcourt). If that's how it works out, it's a great luxury to have someone like that as an 11th or 12th man, just like it's great having Blair to call on when Bonner implodes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could mean that Spurs don't bring in Lorbek, which would have some logic.
    MLE will likely be used for Diaw and LLE likely won't be enough for Lorbek, but enough for DE Colo. after re signing Diaw an acquisition of Lorbek is no longer a major need anyway.
    If Lorbek is delayed another year or so, that's just fine. At this point, the Spurs do not need another soft-s ed Euro big. They need a young, athletic, rookie big, who possesses some of the aggression and necessary skills needed to help combat a young talented frontline such the one in OKC. There are a couple of prospective project bigs that could be available in the second round. Bernard James, Henry Sims & Jonas Bergstedt are some immediate examples that come to mind.

The Spurs did a good job of identifying and bringing in Leonard to shore up the SF position for years to come. They now need to do the same thing for the PF/C spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While it's not 100% sure that De Colo will sign with Spurs, this rumor seems to be really strong.

A french journalist (Pascal Giberné) has contacted his agent. A quick translation about what he is saying on his twitter about that:
    https://twitter.com/#!/PascalGibBN

- Nando De Colo's agent, Wassim Boutanaos, seems to be confident about his client playing for Spurs next year.
    - Boutanos talked ten days ago with Dennis Lindsey Spurs assistant GM. Talks were encouraging.
    - According to Boutanos, De Colo's singing will depend on what kind of contract Duncan will get.
    - Boutanos quote: "Dennis Lindsey told me that in all their projections for next year roster, Nando was a part of it."
    - According to Boutanos, most of the big Spanish teams playing the Euroleague are also interested in De Colo.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While it's not 100% sure that De Colo will sign with Spurs, this rumor seems to be really strong.

A french journalist (Pascal Giberné) has contacted his agent. A quick translation about what he is saying on his twitter about that:

- Nando De Colo's agent, Wassim Boutanaos, seems to be confident about his client playing for Spurs next year.
    - Boutanos talked ten days ago with Dennis Lindsey Spurs assistant GM. Talks were encouraging.
    - According to Boutanos, De Colo's singing will depend on what kind of contract Duncan will get.
    - Boutanos quote: "Dennis Lindsey told me that in all their projections for next year roster, Nando was a part of it."
    - According to Boutanos, most of the big Spanish teams playing the Euroleague are also interested in De Colo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do keeping Diaw and signing De Colo mean that no way Spurs could get Loberk?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do keeping Diaw and signing De Colo mean that no way Spurs could get Loberk?
    As mountainballer said earlier the key with Lorbek is whether or not he will accept a LLE deal deal ($4M over 2 years).

If Lorbek wants more than the LLE, Spurs will have to decide if they want him or Diaw. Once Spurs have decided between Lorbek and Diaw, they can sign De Colo with the rest of the MLE or the LLE.

If Lorbek is fine with the LLE, Spurs can sign both him and Diaw. Signing De Colo on top of that would be difficult. It would take De Colo accepting a minimum deal, which I don't think he will or Diaw and De Colo splitting the MLE with Diaw getting a contract starting at $3.5M-$4M per year and De Colo getting the rest of the MLE ($1M-$1.5M).

If you looked at what De Colo's agent is saying, I guess Spurs are in the first case. They will had to make a pick between Diaw and Lorbek.

BTW, De Colo has given an interview in today's newspaper but he has said way less things than his agent did. He just said that he hasn't signed a contract or a pre-contract and that he is just waiting to see what offers he will receive.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As mountainballer said earlier the key with Lorbek is whether or not he will accept a LLE deal deal ($4M over 2 years).

If Lorbek wants more than the LLE, Spurs will have to decide if they want him or Diaw. Once Spurs have decided between Lorbek and Diaw, they can sign De Colo with the rest of the MLE or the LLE.

If Lorbek is fine with the LLE, Spurs can sign both him and Diaw. Signing De Colo on top of that would be difficult. It would take De Colo accepting a minimum deal, which I don't think he will or Diaw and De Colo splitting the MLE with Diaw getting a contract starting at $3.5M-$4M per year and De Colo getting the rest of the MLE ($1M-$1.5M).

If you looked at what De Colo's agent is saying, I guess Spurs are in the first case. They will had to make a pick between Diaw and Lorbek.

BTW, De Colo has given an interview in today's newspaper but he has said way less things than his agent did. He just said that he hasn't signed a contract or a pre-contract and that he is just waiting to see what offers he will receive.
    Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The full interview is now available:
    http://www.basketnews.net/asp.net/ma....aspx?id=13458

Translation:

A lot of rumors coming form Spain are announcing Nando De Colo to Spurs this summer?
    There is a true wish from them to have him for the next season. Since the start of the season, they are happy with his improvements. However, nothing is signed since it's not allowed by NBA rules. And the question for them is if they will succeed at re-signing Tim Duncan. It's their priority before talking with other players including Nando.

Have you talked with them recently?
    Our last talk with Spurs was ten days ago with Dennis Lindsey. We stay in touch with them. Spurs are one of the few NBA franchises that really follow a player after having drafted him. For three years, Nando has received each year three visits from a member of Spurs FO. RC Buford was in Valencia a month ago to see him.

What do they think about Nando's improvement and what have they said to him?
    In how they projected his evolution, they have liked his improvement on the defensive end and his ability to play both guards spots. After three years in Spain, they think Nando is ready to play a role with them. More precisely, Dennis Lindsey tell me today: In all our roster projections for the next season, Nando is a part of it. Now, nothing is signed, there are still some items to talk about but it seems to be on a good way.

Would you say it's 70-30?
    I won't take the risk with kind of proposition. There is a true wish for Nando to go in the NBA. With all the specificity of this franchise, Tony, Boris, their coach, the game played in San Antonio suits him well. Saying that, as long as it isn't signed, it isn't signed. During the more June and more precisely at the end of it, we will know for sure. And if it didn't happen, some Spanish teams playing the Euroleague are interested.

Some big Spanish teams are after him? Which ones?
    Their names are known. Nando has never hidden what he wanted. If he had to stay in Europe, his priority is to play the Euroleague and to stay in Spain. Spanish teams qualified for the Euroleague are known. Real Madrid is interested in him but with their roster loaded with guards, so they aren't necessarily the best destination for him. However, if I say Malaga, Vitoria and Barcelona, they are true options. Nando is reaching the end of his contract so he is free to decide where he will go and San Antonio will have no buyout to pay.

Outside of San Antonio, are there other NBA franchises interested in Nando?
    There aren't. San Antonio's wish was to follow Nando and they let everybody know that they wanted to keep him. Spurs have never talk to us about another NBA franchise wanting to acquire his rights.

Thread Information