Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143
Results 3,551 to 3,574 of 3574
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Was my pick for the draft, being touted as Marc Gasol type .
    He even looks like Marc when he was a teenager.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He even looks like Marc when he was a teenager.
    I say this from the beginning of the draft that Lakers had the best draft. They got two potential all stars in one draft. I like their core note than Utahs, cause they actually got star power. But knowing the way they do business they'll trade some of these guys for a star that becomes available or they'll get buried on the bench. How they just build the right way.

Russell
    Clarkson
    Ingram
    Nance/Randle
    Zubac

Nice core. I'm high on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say this from the beginning of the draft that Lakers had the best draft. They got two potential all stars in one draft. I like their core note than Utahs, cause they actually got star power. But knowing the way they do business they'll trade some of these guys for a star that becomes available or they'll get buried on the bench. How they just build the right way.

Russell
    Clarkson
    Ingram
    Nance/Randle
    Zubac

Yeah... I hope they trade some of that talent away in the next couple of years too soon.
    There's some legit stuff floating around on that team.

Dammit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah... I hope they trade some of that talent away in the next couple of years too soon.
    There's some legit stuff floating around on that team.

Dammit.
    Although a renewed rivalry would be fun as long as we dominate them. They got a bright future. Good coach, good young core, Mitch is usually solid and they are LA .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although a renewed rivalry would be fun as long as we dominate them. They got a bright future. Good coach, good young core, Mitch is usually solid and they are LA .
    I wouldn't mind them rising back at all... as long as our team remains heads above them.
    I look forward to Kawhi owning Kate Moss Ingram next year, head to head.

Should be a learning experience for the kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One wonders which Spurs rookie will have the greatest impact in his first year, Murray, Bertans, or someone else?

I'd go with Murray longterm but Bertans this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One wonders which Spurs rookie will have the greatest impact in his first year, Murray, Bertans, or someone else?

Me too, bc the comparison isn't fair. Murray is 19 and looked like a high schooler at basketball at times.. Bertans is 23 and played professionally I'd say at least 3 years that he wasn't injured. He knows his game and his role and he can shoot. Murray was definitely a potential pick.. to me he has a high ceiling but he will have a lot of growing pains along the way. I'd start working on that shot non stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Russell
    Clarkson
    Ingram
    Nance/Randle
    Zubac

Like them too, though Russell is kind of a headcase, tailor made for LA. They should keep them and grow that group but the pressure will maybe get them when they underachieve this year. A move for Russell Westbrook you think? Maybe Clarkson gets on the trading block. Russell can play off the ball and being a good passer would go better with a Westbrook type. I like the Wolves too of the young teams, and Milwaukee is interesting though they are probably going to remain bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Was my pick for the draft, being touted as Marc Gasol type .
    Looks good. Kind of wish we had him. Damn with Pop not having Milutinov over, but I can see why they didn't pass on Dejounte. We need athletic guards badly, really, really badly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like them too, though Russell is kind of a headcase, tailor made for LA. They should keep them and grow that group but the pressure will maybe get them when they underachieve this year. A move for Russell Westbrook you think? Maybe Clarkson gets on the trading block. Russell can play off the ball and being a good passer would go better with a Westbrook type. I like the Wolves too of the young teams, and Milwaukee is interesting though they are probably going to remain bad.
    Does Jim Buss have time to grow them? Isn't he supposed to turn it around (whatever that means in Lakerland) this year, or he's going to get whacked by his little sis? Long term, Jeanie will probably give the job to Phil. The Knicks job is just self-training and killing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, the safe bet is Bertans. It shouldn't be too hard to supplant Simmons from the second unit. Simmons will have his moments turning the ball over and all bertans has to do is knock down the open shot and stay healthy. He's shown to be an elite shooter over seas so that's check. The question is health. But i admit I'm holding out hope that Murray miraculously takes over starting point guard duties and sky rockets onto the scene. This giving us new life and blood as we can increase our odds at a chip. One can dream right...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But i admit I'm holding out hope that Murray miraculously takes over starting point guard duties and sky rockets onto the scene. This giving us new life and blood as we can increase our odds at a chip. One can dream right...
    Right. He looks too raw now. But the great ones learn fast. Look how fast Kawhi came on his rookie year? A quick ascension by Murray would be incredibly helpful to this team no matter where he was in the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Jim Buss have time to grow them? Isn't he supposed to turn it around (whatever that means in Lakerland) this year, or he's going to get whacked by his little sis? Long term, Jeanie will probably give the job to Phil. The Knicks job is just self-training and killing time.
    Yea I think that is the problem they have. They barely developed while Kobe was there to begin with. They weren't focused on winning bc they wanted to tank and they weren't really featuring their guys like a team that is developing. It was patently obvious that they were sat to close out games, lest they came in with game winning shots, specially Russell. He's a kind of headcase, but they really held him back. I don't know about you, but I remember we came pretty damn close with some nail biters against Lakers even last season and that was with Kobe in full chucker mode. Russell does have ice in his veins, capable of making big shots and can post up Tony and Mills no problem. Clarkson is very athletic. The two of them gave us trouble.

Really one of the reasons I see Dejounte being able to play sooner than he might ready to direct a PG spot, is that already Tony plays off the ball a lot. The Spurs needed a guard with size and athleticism. It's not just Curry and Westbrook and Irving right now. The youngest guards are out there, who will be killing the Spurs in a couple of years are big guards: Russell, Clarkson, Mudiay, Cameron Payne, maybe Exum (still don't know what he is, he was very young his rook season and had never played professionally and then he got injured. He underwhelmed but to me the jury is still out. I don't condemn players who are still that young.)

Now that I think about it, don't they have a more promising roster than 76ers? Maybe even Boston, bc Boston missed on a lot of picks.

There is pressure for Jim to turn it around. I don't keep up with Lakershow so I don't know where they stand with this group. It might be better to give them at the very least a season and go from there. It's what I would do. Any star they bring right now is not going to be in the same career track as them and will put pressure to get some other star and next thing you know, they are back at mediocrity and squandered their assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the safe bet is Bertans. It shouldn't be too hard to supplant Simmons from the second unit. Simmons will have his moments turning the ball over and all bertans has to do is knock down the open shot and stay healthy. He's shown to be an elite shooter over seas so that's check. The question is health. But i admit I'm holding out hope that Murray miraculously takes over starting point guard duties and sky rockets onto the scene. This giving us new life and blood as we can increase our odds at a chip. One can dream right...
    Everything you state here I agree with 100%
    1. I wish Pop would really start to phase the team to somethone new and as you know I made a whole list of grievances and proposals. It really depends on Dejounte himself and how he's showing up in training camp versus Tony. I would not even mind to see Pop start with playing Dejounte and Tony together, so that Tony can provide help for him and even guide him. I really don't know how Kawhi is as a leader, that is why I suggest Tony and Dejounte together on the floor so Tony can help as needed and keep communicating. It would spare Tony ego for now and maybe when Manu does retire next season, Tony does move to the bench and Mills moves on. (Danny would sacrifice some minutes to develop Dejounte in this scenario, but he can play with the second unit having Manu and Kyle there to get him open looks and he can bail Dejounte out if he's screwing up and raising Pop's ire.)
    2. Simmons might be limited to playing when Manu rests under a scenario like that ^ though in reality he will still play a lot with Pop's experiments. IMO Simmons is under some pressure bc him and Dejounte are very similar and both need the ball. For Simmons to separate himself he needs to become the superior defender.

Who knows? I am a newcomer relatively speaking to the Spurs and this is uncharted territory for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was there ever any news as to why Milutinov never played SL?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent article. Haven't seen this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was there ever any news as to why Milutinov never played SL?
    Nope nothing. Was seen there with the team but never played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

bertans

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind them rising back at all... as long as our team remains heads above them.
    I look forward to Kawhi owning Kate Moss Ingram next year, head to head.

Should be a learning experience for the kid.
    Lol that's not a rivalry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol that's not a rivalry.
    True.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-summer-league
    Basically sums it up:
    1. Don't expect much from the rookies. They didn't shoot very well on average.
    2. The sop re class looked spectacular and really deep even lower in the mid teens and further in the draft. A lot of good players.
    3. Devin Booker looks like an all-star, averaging 6.5 assists, he's turned into a playmaker and that was not a part of his game that was a known quan y. Still so young. They are selling him as a Klay Thomson 2.0. I think he will be better. Thomson is a great shooter but was not as creative off the dribble or for teammates.

Thread Information