Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lying about you lying? couldn't disagree more.

either that or you forgot that you yourself provided links to MSM coverage of the NDAA on TV, as stipulated.

(or you are merely pretending you have forgotten you did so, I do not rule that out, either.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lying about you lying? couldn't disagree more.

either that or you forgot that you yourself provided links to MSM coverage of the NDAA on TV, as stipulated.

(or you are merely pretending you have forgotten you did so, I do not rule that out, either.)
    When will you stop lying? Its hilarious. Trying to act like there is equal criticism on Obama like there was on Bush on TV lol I never denied posting Maddow, in fact I have said in the past that she is one of the VERY few that at least have talked about certain issues. That is still waaaaaaay different than what the media would be doing right now if it were a Republican in the White House.

For all the bs and showboating you attempt and trying to pretty up your sentences, it all means nothing in the end except that you live on the internet and do nothing to help society. You have reduced yourself to trying to impress people online for a living. Dude, get over the butthurt, I owned you, it's happened to many others, move along. Obama is a war criminal, TV media is corrupt, nothing you can say or do will change those facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever you say, Kaspar Hauser.

Last edited by Winehole23; 02-13-2013 at 02:07 AM. Reason: I misspelled the first name

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (the German le translates roughly: "God against all, and every man for himself")

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OBAMA'S DRONE WAR ON WOMEN AND CHILDREN

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't hate just because you feel you don't do enough. What a way to ruin a thread. If you learned to get away from the pc for a change you might be able to do more. The problem in Spurstalk is some of you guys don't like being told the truth, and don't like being taken out of your comfort zone. You keep lying that msm is all over these issues when you know damn well they aren't. The TV media barely started covering the issue consistently last week, now its already fading away. No matter what you say Obama IS a war criminal. lol Jesus you got butthurt for some reason, you sound like another troll that never got over me owning him in a 9/11 thread
    You never got around to saying what you think really happened on 9/11 tbh. You made a post count joke and quickly put me on ignore so you could think you won something.

It's a good time to bump that thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (crass appeals to emotion, check.)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post6357360

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OUCH..

Great job again Cenk Uyger. MSM TV should catch up..

**Disturbing video of child drone victims used in this story**

"CIA nominee John Brennan never expressed concerns to the CIA's top lawyer about interrogation techniques, including waterboarding and other forms of torture, according to John Rizzo, the agency's acting general counsel during the George W. Bush presidency."*

John Brennan apparently had reservations about waterboarding and torture, yet the CIA's top attorney says he never said a word about it; his voice could have allegedly changed the program. He also lied and said no civilians with drone strikes. Cenk Uygur breaks it down, with the help of Brave New Films.

View the original video, "Brennan Exposed" by Brave New Foundation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCKqO...

TYT: The Truth About Brennan on Torture & Drones (Disturbing Video)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

President Obama’s nominee to run the CIA, John Brennan, forcefully defended Obama’s counterterrorism policies, including the increased use of armed drones and the targeted killings of American citizens during his confirmation hearing Thursday. "None of the central questions that should have been asked of John Brennan were asked in an effective way," says Jeremy Scahill, author of the forthcoming book, "Dirty Wars." "In the cases where people like Sen. Angus King or Sen. Ron Wyden would ask a real question, for instance, about whether or not the CIA has the right to kill U.S. citizens on U.S. soil, the questions were very good. Brennan would then offer up a non-answer. And then there’d be almost no follow-up." Scahill went on to say, "[Brennan] has served for more than four years as the assassination czar, and it basically looked like they were discussing purchasing a used car on Capitol Hill. I mean, it was total kabuki oversight. And that’s a devastating commentary on where things stand."

Jeremy Scahill: Assassinations of U.S. Citizens Largely Ignored at Brennan CIA Hearing

Link: http://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/8...of_us_citizens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    copy and paste? check.

using your own words, not so much.

(that were probably wise.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol largely ignored.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    copy and paste? check.

using your own words, not so much.

(that were probably wise.)
    He's exactly the same as boutons, except his schtick revolves around bashing Obama whereas boutons' is based around blindly defending him...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's exactly the same as boutons, except his schtick revolves around bashing Obama whereas boutons' is based around blindly defending him...
    Nation proves again what a stupid he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

way to go Rand, since a Dem won't do it.

Sen. Rand Paul stalling Brennan nomination for a clear yes/no answer if Obama thinks he can murder Americans on US soil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems won't block their President's nominee? that's what the GOP is for, presumably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Judge Napolitano: Drone Court Proposed By Senators Uncons utional, Rubberstamps Killing Americans

way to go Rand, since a Dem won't do it.

Sen. Rand Paul stalling Brennan nomination for a clear yes/no answer if Obama thinks he can murder Americans on US soil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ loves quoting himself.

It's all a monologue with you, isn't it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (I assume I'm already ignored. You can't stand up to adversity, can you SA210?)

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is his own echo chamber.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    SA210 does his own drive-by posting most of the time. If somebody actually raises any questions, here usually disappears like the coward he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    through the looking glass:

This morning, the DOJ sent a letter to the court replying to the ACLU. Ever after the events of last week, they have the audacity to claim that even the question of whether there is a CIA drone program must still be concealed. The DOJ argues - completely falsely - that the ACLU "identif[ies] no statement in which Mr. Brennan allegedly confirms purported CIA involvement in the use of unmanned aerial vehicles for 'targeted killing'", but merely cite "general discussions of 'targeted killing' that do not address the involvement of any particular agency". They dismiss the admissions of Chairman Rogers on the ground that "statements made by members of Congress do not cons ute official disclosure by an Executive Branch agency."

Just think about that: Obama and his aides routinely boast about the drone program to make the president look like daddy-protector tough guy. Someone in the administration just disclosed last week to NBC News a "white paper" sent by the Obama DOJ to Congress purporting to legally justify the CIA assassination program. Everyone knows and is now debating whether the CIA should be doing this.

But what is missing from the debate is the most basic information about what the CIA does and even their claimed legal justification for doing it. The Obama administration still refuses to publicly disclose the OLC memo that purported to authorize it (they agreed two weeks ago to make it available only to certain members of Congress without staff present, thus still maintaining "secret law"). They conceal all of this - and thus prevent basic democratic accountability - based on the indescribably cynical and inane pretense that they cannot even confirm or deny the existence of the CIA program without seriously jeopardizing national security.

This is a complete perversion of their secrecy powers. Even among the DC cliques that exist to defend US government behavior, one would be hard-pressed to find anyone willing to defend what is being done here. The Obama administration runs around telling journalists how great and precise and devastating the CIA's assassination program is, then tells courts that no disclosure is permissible because they cannot safely confirm in court that the program even exists.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-drone-secrecy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, it also recently came out that the New York Times, among other papers, sat on knowledge of the existence of a drone base in Saudi Arabia for over a year because, get this, the paper was concerned that it might result in the base being closed.

As old friend David Sirota noted, Times ombudsman Dean Baquet blazed a burning new trail in the history of craven journalistic surrender when he admitted the paper's rationale in an interview. "The Saudis might shut [the base] down because the citizenry would be very upset," Baquet said. "We have to balance that concern with reporting the news."

As if to right this wrong, the paper today ran an editorial, "A Court for Targeted Killings," which proposed that the government create a (probably secret) tribunal to which intelligence services would have to present evidence before drone-bombing a suspected enemy combatant.

The paper, which originally proposed the creation of such a court in 2010, suggested that the new court be modeled after the secret court created in the wake of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. The FISA court was designed to give a fig leaf of judicial review to secret wiretaps of suspected foreign agents without having to make the government's evidence public.

But the paper itself noted the comical record of the FISA court as a check on governmental power – in its entire history of 32,000 wiretap applications between 1979 and 2011, it rejected only 11. Still, the paper said, the creation of such a court would "ensure that the administration's requests are serious."

So the newspaper's bold proposal to right the moral wrong of killing people not only without trial but without charge is to create a secret court that they themselves admit would be little more than a rubber-stamp. Hilariously, the Times editorialists seemed afraid even to propose this much, reassuringly adding, toward the end of their commentary, that the court they propose to create would not actually have any power at all or curtail executive power in any real way:
    The court would not be expected to approve individual drone strikes, and the executive branch would still be empowered to take emergency actions to prevent an impending attack.
    Thank God for that!

The Times editorial is a kind of moral lunacy that Joseph er, the author of Catch-22, captured in his play, We Bombed in New Haven, which was about an American Air Force commander instructing a squadron to bomb a series of ridiculous targets.There's a great scene where some of the men ask "Captain Starkey" why they've been asked to bomb Istanbul:
    Starkey: Because we're a peace-loving people, that's why. And because we're a peace-loving people, we're going to bomb Constantinople right off the map!
    Bailey: Why don't we just bomb the map?
    What the Times proposes is the same sort of thinking. In their minds, the problem with our drone program isn't that we're murdering masses of people, it's that we're doing it without the appearance of legality. It looks bad on paper – so let's leave the problem, but fix the paper. Bomb the map, in other words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dr. Cornel West with the backbone.

Obama is, like his Republican predecessors Richard Nixon and George W. Bush, a war criminal, West said.

"Your thoughts on this so-called license to kill?" Smiley asked West.

"The chickens are coming home to roost," West replied. "We've been talking about this for a good while, the immorality of drones, dropping bombs on innocent people, it's been over 200 children so far. These are war crimes."

"I think we have to be very honest, let us not be deceived — Nixon, Bush, Obama, they're war criminals," West continued. "They have killed innocent people in the name of the struggle for freedom, but they're suspending the law, very much like Wall Street criminals. The law is suspended for them, but the law applies for the rest of us."

West highlighted a double standard in conclusion by saying that, if he or Smiley were to conduct themselves as Obama has, they would be sent to prison.

Cornel West: Obama Is A 'War Criminal' Like Nixon And Bush

NY Daily News: Cornel West: President Obama a ‘war criminal’

The Princeton professor has taken sharp issue with the White House’s covert drone program. The drones have killed ‘over 200 children so far,' West says. 'These are war crimes.’

Cornel West says, "Let us not be deceived: Nixon, Bush, Obama, they're war criminals."

Princeton professor Cornel West says President Obama is a "war criminal."
    West, the prominent black academic and activist who has consistently been a harsh Obama critic, took issue with the White House's covert drone program, saying that "the chickens are coming home to roost."

"We've been talking about this for a good while, the immorality of drones, dropping bombs on innocent people," West said on his "Smiley & West" radio show with Tavis Smiley.

"It's been over 200 children so far," West said. "These are war crimes."
    West, who has previously said that "brother Barack was just completely mesmerized by the acceptance of the establishment," compared Obama to former Presidents George W. Bush and Richard Nixon.

"Let us not be deceived: Nixon, Bush, Obama, they're war criminals," West said. "They have killed innocent people in the name of the struggle for freedom, but they're suspending the law, very much like Wall Street criminals. The law is suspended for them, but the law applies for the rest of us."

[email protected]

Thread Information