Page 135 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 3752
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which moves was he talking about? any moves? or did he specifically say moves that look like globetrotter moves. like the stuff that leads to wemby's turnovers, or earlier in the season, constantly losing his footing with the ball

You are missing the point. BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED HE WAS TALKING ABOUT WEMBY NOT BEING ABLE TO TO WHAT HE DOES IN THE NBA. BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED. BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are missing the point. BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED HE WAS TALKING ABOUT WEMBY NOT BEING ABLE TO TO WHAT HE DOES IN THE NBA. BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED. BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED.
    before the season started did you have any expectations for victor in the nba? BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED??

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which moves was he talking about? any moves? or did he specifically say moves that look like globetrotter moves. like the stuff that leads to wemby's turnovers, or earlier in the season, constantly losing his footing with the ball
    Look spurraider21, I fully respect your opinion, but there is no indication that he was specifically referring to Victor's ISO play. Everything Victor does could be considered worthy of the Harlem Globetrotters: his dribbling, his shooting, his passes, etc... you name it. The dude is a walking highlight reel.

So we can agree to disagree, but I think Dray changed his mind on Victor even though he was praising him even before the season. He was still waiting to see what Victor was all about, now he knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look spurraider21, I fully respect your opinion, but there is no indication that he was specifically referring to Victor's ISO play. Everything Victor does could be considered worthy of the Harlem Globetrotters: his dribbling, his shooting, his passes, etc... you name it. The dude is a walking highlight reel.

So we can agree to disagree, but I think Dray changed his mind on Victor even though he was praising him even before the season. He was still waiting to see what Victor was all about, now he knows.
    the indication that he was specifically referring to iso play is the context of the vid. i mean watch it, its like 10 minutes long. he goes out of his way to rave about how skilled wemby is, and how wemby will be impossible to guard if you let him get in his comfort zone, etc. he was pretty limited in how he thought wemby would have to adjust to the nba game (and again... he was right. lets not forget how sloppy he looked in the early months with his ball handling). George was more dismissive than Green was

i honestly cant really grasp how one could watch that full segment and come away with the take that draymond was hating on wemby to any degree

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    before the season started did you have any expectations for victor in the nba? BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED??

Yes i did. I expected him to come in like any other rookie and he has surpassed my expectations.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw i never went and said that he wouldn’t be able to do what he does in the NBA like donkey did. BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPOY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6 more chances to put up these monster numbers and make a run for the award

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes i did. I expected him to come in like any other rookie and he has surpassed my expectations.
    how could you have any expectations BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROY, DPOY, 1st team All-Defense, 3rd team all NBA. Compared to the beginning of the year MIP!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened to wemby? 23 pts in 29 shots? Yikes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like that high al ude was affecting him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just missed shots...Hes gotta keep taking them.Maybe chill out on taking deep threes lol

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like that high al ude was affecting him.
    That and the team around him was pretty bad with Dev, Sochan, and Keldon out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is there defensively, but the big issue with him I've seen over and over is his inability to take advantage of smaller defenders in the post. He's good if he can get into an alley oop pass but if it is making a move on the block, it can get painful at times. If he could be consistent in the post, we would win games like last night because he had various undersized Nuggets defenders (technically everyone that defends him is undersized) and he failed to get good position and take advantage of the mismatch. That's something that he will need to master in the offseason and then he'll be pretty much unstoppable. It will also avoid more of those 3 feet from the 3 point line threes that are open shots for him, but not great shots when you are trying to win a close game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby needs to develop a jump hook imo. It’s not something he’s shown he’s able to do yet, so not sure if it’ll ever be in his repertoire, but he’d be lethal with a consistent little baby jump hook. He gets positioning in the paint relatively ease. With his height and length, he’d unstoppable with that baby hook. Seems like something he could learn if he spends time with Timmy this off-season.

Either way, as LMA alluded to in his interview a few weeks back, he needs to develop a go-to move that he can consistently get off in crunch-time. Whether it’s a baby hook or a Dirk-like one-legged step-back or something. Right now, his signature play is his sweeping, one-handed scoop shot. It’s nice and effective, but it’s more of a secondary move. He still needs 1-2 more consistent go-to shots that he can lean on. Hopefully that comes this off-season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how could you have any expectations BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED

Because I can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby needs to develop a jump hook imo. It’s not something he’s shown he’s able to do yet, so not sure if it’ll ever be in his repertoire, but he’d be lethal with a consistent little baby jump hook. He gets positioning in the paint relatively ease. With his height and length, he’d unstoppable with that baby hook. Seems like something he could learn if he spends time with Timmy this off-season.

Either way, as LMA alluded to in his interview a few weeks back, he needs to develop a go-to move that he can consistently get off in crunch-time. Whether it’s a baby hook or a Dirk-like one-legged step-back or something. Right now, his signature play is his sweeping, one-handed scoop shot. It’s nice and effective, but it’s more of a secondary move. He still needs 1-2 more consistent go-to shots that he can lean on. Hopefully that comes this off-season.
    Stealing Embiid's face up mid range should be a no brainer. It's unblockable and easy enough.

What needs to stop is the old man designing plays where he's getting the ball 25 ft away to go and iso. It's ridiculous

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if Wemby averages something crazy like 8 blocks a game in the next 7 games then I think he wins it. Other than that he will have to settle first team all defense. He might be in the running for 3rd team all nba. Idk if they still do it by position or not though. Bc Embiid is out of the running and so is KAT

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are a play-in team next year with no changes to the roster. Although the Olympics will take away a valuable summer of development for Wemby (although a strong run by France would be beneficial) Wemby's development over the past 3 months combined with a likely increase in minutes next year will make the Spurs at least a 10 seed in the West, likely higher. Wemby's tradgectory will make the Spurs a contender year 3. His size and skillset will make him virtually unguardable in a short period of time. If he ever figures out his 3 point shot the LOB will have a semi-permanent home in SA.

Thread Information