Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joseph needs at least two years in the D-League before he should be on the Spurs squad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joseph needs at least two years in the D-League before he should be on the Spurs squad.
    I wonder why take such guy. You can take some Jr / Sr point guard in late 1st round. Such guy is more NBA ready then any freshman avaible at moment could ever be.

NBAChamp..to be Continued SpurNation's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder why take such guy. You can take some Jr / Sr point guard in late 1st round. Such guy is more NBA ready then any freshman avaible at moment could ever be.
    Who knows. CoJo could be the next Jeremy Lin in hiding. Spurs are really really good at evaluating talent...especially in the guard positions. Anyway...even if he takes a couple of seasons to mature...I would think any player taken at his age and at the level of the draft taken would need time to mature.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Higher ceiling.

Spurs didn't get Parker/Ginobili by drafting older/more experienced guys who were more known quan ies.

Guys who have a high ceiling and are ready to play off the bat are off the draft board before half the lottery is finished.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Higher ceiling.

Spurs didn't get Parker/Ginobili by drafting older/more experienced guys who were more known quan ies.

Guys who have a high ceiling and are ready to play off the bat are off the draft board before half the lottery is finished.
    I believe Spurs arent in position to take in 1st round a guy , and wait for him 3 years to develop. Not a point guard, where there are plenty of PG. I could understand investing in bigs, who needs time to develop, it is natural for them.

Who knows. CoJo could be the next Jeremy Lin in hiding. Spurs are really really good at evaluating talent...especially in the guard positions. Anyway...even if he takes a couple of seasons to mature...I would think any player taken at his age and at the level of the draft taken would need time to mature.
    Suddenly every guy can be Jeremy Lin. Put Joseph in D`Anthony stupid b-ball system, and he could deliver nice stats, by taking every possible shot, passing to cutting men or wide open shooters in fast pace offense. Not a big deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not convinced this guy can be an nba pg based on the videos; I agree that he looks like a sg combo guard right now. That said who has the better chance of ever coming over here, him or Hanga? Right now it seems like an either or, and I give Hanga the edge based in his athletism and size.

By my count the only 3 foreign players in the stash I see coming over within the next three years are Lorbek, Bartens, and either one of these guys. Anyone think realistically that any other player is viable?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not convinced this guy can be an nba pg based on the videos; I agree that he looks like a sg combo guard right now. That said who has the better chance of ever coming over here, him or Hanga? Right now it seems like an either or, and I give Hanga the edge based in his athletism and size.

By my count the only 3 foreign players in the stash I see coming over within the next three years are Lorbek, Bartens, and either one of these guys. Anyone think realistically that any other player is viable?
    I think there's a good chance Richards forces the issue next season. He would definitely be playing in Austin if he makes it out of training camp.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertrans wont go to NBA, like in next 4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24writer ‏ @24writer

RT @TimC_PtR: Valencia (@NandoDeColo's team) has finished the Eurocup regular season undefeated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adam Hanga and Lobrek will be legit NBA starters...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hanga a legit NBA starter? Which of his team's games have you watched?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Hanga definitely needs some more time against decent compe ion. It's only his first season out of the Hungarian League.

DeColo is probably worth a look this season. If Neal can be productive then my feelings on DeColo are improved. Unfortunately, they replicate many of the same skill-sets which makes him less valuable to us. Still worth a look though.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's either Neal or De Colo, b/c of their similar skill set. considering the low salary of Neal for next season, it wouldn't even be a problem if they steal minutes from one another. and having 2 such player on a 15 men roster isn't excessive either.
    from what I did understand, it's now or maybe never for De colo to come over. turning 25 this summer Spurs can't expect that he further develops in Europe. an this summer he is a FA. if he can't get a deal done with the Spurs, he will likely search a 3 years deal in Europe, one that gives him some financial security. even with buy out clauses, we know that such contracts in Europe don't exactly raise the chance that a player comes overseas.

IMO Spurs should bring him in, no matter what plans they have with Neal.
    (who will ask for a significant pay rise in 2013, this for sure). having both on the roster for next season might even turn out as the perfect scenario. De Colo has one year to learn and will be prepared to take the role of Neal if Neal leaves 2013. (Neal might/will get offers the Spurs don't want to match)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The situation for De Colo looks brighter than a couple of months ago. James Anderson is done as a Spur, Cory Joseph has looked bad and Ginobili is often injured. With De Colo having a good season, bringing him over this summer sounds more and more like a good idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's either Neal or De Colo, b/c of their similar skill set. considering the low salary of Neal for next season, it wouldn't even be a problem if they steal minutes from one another. and having 2 such player on a 15 men roster isn't excessive either.
    from what I did understand, it's now or maybe never for De colo to come over. turning 25 this summer Spurs can't expect that he further develops in Europe. an this summer he is a FA. if he can't get a deal done with the Spurs, he will likely search a 3 years deal in Europe, one that gives him some financial security. even with buy out clauses, we know that such contracts in Europe don't exactly raise the chance that a player comes overseas.

IMO Spurs should bring him in, no matter what plans they have with Neal.
    (who will ask for a significant pay rise in 2013, this for sure). having both on the roster for next season might even turn out as the perfect scenario. De Colo has one year to learn and will be prepared to take the role of Neal if Neal leaves 2013. (Neal might/will get offers the Spurs don't want to match)
    I'm not saying that I wouldn't bring in DeColo since we have Neal. I'm just saying, since we already have a player with a similar skill-set he is slightly less valuable to us. But I still think they could co-exist on the same team. Although, it'd be hard for them to coexist on the floor together....especially with either of Blair or Bonner out there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not up on foreign players but from the film I have seen he would be as good as Manu is when he plays the PG position. He doesn't have Gary's outside shooting but he is a better passer and can get to the rim better then Gary. "No I am not saying he is a better baller then Gary"

Anderson is gone, Ford and Manu are getting long in the tooth so he would be a nice insurance policy that can cover two position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando De Colo, drafted by the Spurs in the 2009 NBA Draft, is currently playing for Spanish team Valencia of the ACB League and in a recent win against French team Gravelines at the EuroCup, De Colo is showing marked improvement in his game. From timely assists, ability to get in the lane to hitting his outside shot, hopefully the Spurs can bring him in next summer for the Spurs' Summer League team to see if he is ready to make the jump to the NBA.

De Colo notched 19 points, 7 assists, 2 steals in 30 minutes for Valencia in a 69-63 win.
    http://projectspurs.com/2012-article...cent-game.html

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His game is really looking legit. C'mon over, Nando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be nice to have a 6'5 back up PG; from the clips I've seen of him, he has dribbles with control and passes well. Might have to change his shooting form a bit, a little slow for the NBA; but he has range out to 3 point line.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo can ball. He would be much better than Joseph, but I guess he doesn't want to play just 5-10 min per game. Next year if TJ is gone, bring him over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suddenly every guy can be Jeremy Lin. Put Joseph in D`Anthony stupid b-ball system, and he could deliver nice stats, by taking every possible shot, passing to cutting men or wide open shooters in fast pace offense. Not a big deal.
    NOT A BIG DEAL?!?!

Sorry, South Park moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how the Stephen Jackson trade effects Nando? Hes made the statement that he wants to over to the NBA next season. But do we have room?

Under contract next year on the wings are:
    Manu Ginobili
    Stephen Jackson
    Gary Neal
    Kawhi Leonard

Danny Green is a free agent that probably deserves resigning as well.

That would give us five wings under contract next year before DeColo even comes into the equation. Now one bright point is that 3 of the players under contract next season will be in the final years of their deals (Ginobili, Jackson, Neal). It might make sense for DeColo to come learn an acclimate for a season and then take a more serious role the season after (ie, the Fabricio Oberto plan).

What do you think? Do we have room?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how the Stephen Jackson trade effects Nando? Hes made the statement that he wants to over to the NBA next season. But do we have room?

Manu Ginobili
    Stephen Jackson
    Gary Neal
    Kawhi Leonard

That would give us five wings under contract next year before DeColo even comes into the equation. Now one bright point is that 3 of the players under contract next season will be in the final years of their deals (Ginobili, Jackson, Neal). It might make sense for DeColo to come learn an acclimate for a season and then take a more serious role the season after (ie, the Fabricio Oberto plan).

Would let Green go and sign De Colo if the 2013-plan is true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Manu Ginobili
    Stephen Jackson
    Gary Neal
    Kawhi Leonard

Yes, I believe the spurs do have room but that does not mean the spurs are as interested in de colo coming over as he is. With this many guards stacked up, I wonder if the spurs will be shopping Neal (ala Hill) for possibly a 10-20 pick. I believe his value is really good right now and a team who needs instant offense at a cheap price might just do it.

no..Green is an all around player, De colo is an unknown player who would probably cost the same anyways...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is a quality low-cost signing. He knows the system and performs well in it. Not much upside left, but he'll be able to give you quality depth out of the 8-10 man rotation spot for years. Just a decent all around spark plug utility guy.

De Colo and Neal offer very similar skill sets while Green is somewhat unique in all he brings to the table. If Green can be retained on the cheap theres really no reason not to do it.

Thread Information