Page 105 of 342 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 8540
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I know there are huge bumps in performance around the top ~3 and again at top ~8. It's been awhile since I looked at the data. Your essentially making a comment about our second round pick not being worth much which is not exactly news.
    You don't understand the top 40 includes the top picks?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have a bunch of picks coming in, but it's going to be hard to give everyone playing time, and at some point it will just feel like a wasted resource. Do Blake and Malaki only have one more year left? Do we give them the nod over our next FRP as far as playing time? I don't know. Seems like drafting some safe players has an advantage, especially for the TOR pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My interpretation is he's saying that our pics will be most likely top eight and so there's a different percentage of players not making the cut, and that players from later in the draft closer to the 40th pick are heavily affecting those percentages that you cited.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have a bunch of picks coming in, but it's going to be hard to give everyone playing time, and at some point it will just feel like a wasted resource. Do Blake and Malaki only have one more year left? Do we give them the nod over our next FRP as far as playing time? I don't know. Seems like drafting some safe players has an advantage, especially for the TOR pick.
    I'm kind of expecting a Tre/Malaki/ or Wesley to he included in a trade this summer, maybe two of the 3..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With so many picks coming up and with Wemby on board, the expectations for players should be higher and the leashes shorter. With that said, IMO, we've already seen enough of Branham. He should either be traded or be given the Wrong Luka treatment and released.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham is 20. Wesley is 20. Does anybody remember what Dejounte Murray looked like when he was a 20 year old rookie? Or even Derrick White as a 23 year old rookie?

I just don't understand giving up on any of these young guys yet. They are kids going up against grown men every night. They are supposed to look bad. It makes what Wemby is doing even more absurd. But for the rest of these guys including Sochan who is also just 20, there needs to be some perspective. And patience. A whole lot of patience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My interpretation is he's saying that our pics will be most likely top eight and so there's a different percentage of players not making the cut, and that players from later in the draft closer to the 40th pick are heavily affecting those percentages that you cited.
    If that was Givony's point, he would have said so. That's not his point. It's throughout the entire Top 40.

The larger point about the draft in general is more important, Fuzzy's just being a dolt who can't see the big picture. Like I said in that post, there may be a market correction to how teams view picks. With the NIL added to the mix we may be seeing a change in how things go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham is 20. Wesley is 20. Does anybody remember what Dejounte Murray looked like when he was a 20 year old rookie? Or even Derrick White as a 23 year old rookie?

I just don't understand giving up on any of these young guys yet. They are kids going up against grown men every night. They are supposed to look bad. It makes what Wemby is doing even more absurd. But for the rest of these guys including Sochan who is also just 20, there needs to be some perspective. And patience. A whole lot of patience.
    Holy crap, some real perspective! It's like swimming through the muck of SpursTalk and seeing a beam of light. Hallalujah!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree but there's a lot of picks and only so much playing time. It comes down to prioritizing different players. Unless they consolidate picks. Otherwise, whoever we draft this year might have to wait a year while we figure out Blake and Malachi for another year, so to speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure and then given equal weight to pick 10-40. you don't work with stats much I take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We have a load of picks coming up so that’s why we can’t be as patient as years past. Patience is nice if we had a vet team but with a team full of kids it’s kinda like we have to pick a few to develop and cut loose the ones that don’t. It’s about to be really cutthroat here in a bit which is weird for the people who preach patience to not want to trade picks for an established star. You can’t have it both ways.

We either develop our players and trade for a star or keep the picks and cut out players. There is no in between

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you saw potential in them to be good.And they became good.Nobody sees potential in branham.He does nothing good.Has no basketball iq or
    talent.He should be in the gleauge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of us were complaining that White deserved to play as a rookie, he was that good.

I posted during that year that he was at worst the 4th best guard on the team and probably already the third best, and there were posters who agreed with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither Branham nor Wesley is a rookie.

In DJM’s second season he was named to the All NBA Defensive 2nd team, and he got some MIP votes, as well.

In Derrick White’s second season he got MIP votes. Not a lot, but his name is there.

Anybody who cites DJM and Derrick as a pattern for Branham and Wesley is the person who has a poor memory.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Locked on Thunder Podcast Host”s Evaluation of Reed Sheppard. Just a thought: Scary to have Reed and SGA on the same team vice Josh Giddey. Toronto Pick please,https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfee...uard-prospects
    Only 3 inches separates them from each other

https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...eous-alexander

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting game with KY vs MSU tonight. I've been impressed by Josh Hubbard and wanted to see how he matches up with Shephard and Dilly.. at the half Hubbard has 12, Shephard 9, and Dilly 0.

Full transparency- I didn't see the 1st (just looking at stats). I wanted to see how they matchup size-wise. Hubbard is reportedly only 5'10", but he's a little tank.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can literally say that about any young player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good game... Shephard and Hubbard had a real good battle going for a while until the MSU coach took the ball out of his hands to give it to the upperclassmen. He went back to Hubbard after they got down with a minute to go, but it looks like it's to late.

Shephard really impressed with his penetration and dishing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good game... Shephard and Hubbard had a real good battle going for a while until the MSU coach took the ball out of his hands to give it to the upperclassmen. He went back to Hubbard after they got down with a minute to go, but it looks like it's to late.

Shephard really impressed with his penetration and dishing.
    Wow! Hubbard knocked down 3 3's in tne last 50 seconds to tie it...

Shephard scores with 0.5 seconds left to take the lead...

KY wins by 2...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A real showcase game for Sheppard with Dillingham in foul trouble. Kentucky rides these two guys so much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow! Hubbard knocked down 3 3's in tne last 50 seconds to tie it...

Shephard scores with 0.5 seconds left to take the lead...

KY wins by 2...
    Shephard scores 32

Hubbard scores 34

Dilly scores 9

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure dilly a real pg...if hes not making shots,He pretty much worthless.Other then being a shooter doesnt really
    anything else great.Hes a good passer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure dilly a real pg...if hes not making shots,He pretty much worthless.Other then being a shooter doesnt really
    anything else great.Hes a good passer.
    I think Dilly and Hubbard have a future as energizer scoring options off the bench. Shephard is the better all around player though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed is a low usage player in a team full of gunners. But if the need arises, he can always turn it around. Depends on what the coach wants.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Its their fault primarily. They should’ve stayed in college and finish their development.

They’d need to have at least one huge skills that separate them to be worth the years of patience imo.

Look at Vassell, even if elite shooter, after 4 years in the NBA he still has a terrible ball handling or court vision! 4 freaking years and below average…

Thread Information