Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by k_nguyen93; 05-07-2011 at 12:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quick update:

De Colo's season has ended a week ago with Valencia pulling a Spur int eh playoffs (losing in the first round while being favorites). Pesic hasn't been kept and Valencia shouldn't play the Euroleague next season. There is a rumor saying that De Colo could join Malaga, who is qualified for the Euroleague.

I don't expect at all De Colo joining Spurs this summer. Spurs being loaded at the guards spots and a possible lockout wouldn't help his case but the main reason is that he hasn't been good enough this year in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see him going in the NBA, I think he will stay in Europe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Galatasaray agreed with Nando De Colo?

The Turkish team now has to reach the agreement with Valencia

According to Turkish website Salsabasket, Nando De Colo agreed to terms with Galatasaray Istanbul but the Turkish team did not reach an agreement yet with PE Valencia. The French player has another year of contract with the Spanish team
    The Turkish team is one of the most active clubs on the market and they are targeting the guard since weeks.
    De Colo finished the season recording averages of 10.1ppg in Euroleague and 10.7ppg in ACB.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/...o_de_colo.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Galatasaray agreed with Nando De Colo?

The Turkish team now has to reach the agreement with Valencia

According to Turkish website Salsabasket, Nando De Colo agreed to terms with Galatasaray Istanbul but the Turkish team did not reach an agreement yet with PE Valencia. The French player has another year of contract with the Spanish team

It's supposed to be a three-year deal, with one of those punitive buyout clauses. So even if he was ready to play in the NBA, he's not coming.

Get ready to mothball this thread for another three years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo's agent denied rumors about Galatasaray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo's agent denied rumors about Galatasaray.
    Isn't this when the agent mentions how much his client would love playing for the Spurs, and uses that to negotiate a better deal? Not that it's ever happend before or anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mickael Pietrus and Beaubois are out this summer with FNT. It will be a great opportunity for Nando to get a lot of playing time. Maybe with a great summer, he can draw some interest from Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if Tony gets hurt we would have to have Manu play major minutes which would come back to hurt us at the end of the season. So if it is not Nando then I guess it is our rookie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey bruno. what did you think of Nandos game today? scoring and defense. thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a game that was so one sided that you had to be careful but Nando was very good. To me, he was one of the best french player with Diaw, Seraphin and Gelabale.

Offensively, he played well within the offense. He didn't force the issue and was good in transition and has had a a couple of nice plays at the rim. The best part of his offense was his passing game.

Defensively, he was matched up against Knicks' player Andy Rautins. The biggest part of the job against him is sticking with him and fighting through the screens. Nando was great at that even if you have to admit that he was help by Canada's ty point guard play and ball movement.

The best to take from this game is maybe that it seems that Nando will be the starting SG for the team. He will be in the starting unit with Parker, Batum, Diaw and Noah. Being surrounded by such strong players should help him to improve his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks Bruno. France looks to be very talented. no Ian?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope and it's kinda logical.

Noah and Turaif are better than him. He could have been the third string C but the coach went with and offensive minded player (Ali Traoré) to complement a paint rotation that was filled with defensive minded players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope and it's kinda logical.

Noah and Turaif are better than him. He could have been the third string C but the coach went with and offensive minded player (Ali Traoré) to complement a paint rotation that was filled with defensive minded players.
    That is for Traoré. Then Collet went with Seraphin. First to give Seraphin a first run with the French team. Then because he is probably the strongest french player and could already help dealing with the biggest C.

Personally I like Seraphin and was happy with what I saw in his first game (to be confirmed in a more compe ive context).

But I am not sure Traoré is a great choice. His confidence is not at the highest and he is strictly a scorer. If he does not score, he is an undersized center who can't play defence or grab a rebound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is for Traoré. Then Collet went with Seraphin. First to give Seraphin a first run with the French team. Then because he is probably the strongest french player and could already help dealing with the biggest C.

Personally I like Seraphin and was happy with what I saw in his first game (to be confirmed in a more compe ive context).

But I am not sure Traoré is a great choice. His confidence is not at the highest and he is strictly a scorer. If he does not score, he is an undersized center who can't play defence or grab a rebound.
    Seraphin was first picked just to practice with the team for a couple of weeks before leaving the team. They picked him to know what he could do and to allow him to know a little the NT with future years in mind. Ian is more known and knew more the team and that's why they didn't go with him for this practice spot. Seraphin was great during practices and the first game against Canada. With M. Pietrus and Bokolo out of the team, Collet has left the door open to Seraphin for making the 12 man roster.

The idea behind Traoré is that the team hasn't a low post scorer and could use his scoring ability at some point of the championship. But I agree that he sucks at defending and rebounding. His confidence shouldn't be a problem because he has had a good second half of season in Italy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you on Seraphin, but it was highly unlikely the FT could count on the 12 players Collet had in mind.
    As soon as he was in the first list, Seraphin had a legit shot at making the Eurobasket and Collet looks comfortable with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has had a good second half of season in Italy.
    I didn't knew that. If he is on a roll offensively he can be a nice asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo helped France in a victory over Canada 106-44; here are his stats:
    http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches.../10JWCLymE0QU/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 2 against Canada. France win 86-69.

Good game for Nando 14 pts (6/14, 1/5 3pts) 6 rbds 3 ast 4 stl 1 TO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, Nando was good again yesterday against Canada. IMO, he was the best french player on the court. Even if it's only 2 friendly games against Canada, I find that he has improved a lot compared to last year. He is more mature athletic and consistent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball is a funny game. Some players need to play with better players to allow their game to show. Playing with players of less caliber always tends to make a guy try to do too much. Maybe this is the case with Nando.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Seraphin was first picked just to practice with the team for a couple of weeks before leaving the team. They picked him to know what he could do and to allow him to know a little the NT with future years in mind. Ian is more known and knew more the team and that's why they didn't go with him for this practice spot. Seraphin was great during practices and the first game against Canada. With M. Pietrus and Bokolo out of the team, Collet has left the door open to Seraphin for making the 12 man roster.

The idea behind Traoré is that the team hasn't a low post scorer and could use his scoring ability at some point of the championship. But I agree that he sucks at defending and rebounding. His confidence shouldn't be a problem because he has had a good second half of season in Italy.
    So Ian isn't a good enough defender/rebounder to make it in that role, or a good enough scorer to make it in that role. Got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Ian isn't a good enough defender/rebounder to make it in that role, or a good enough scorer to make it in that role. Got it.
    No, you don't.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Traore = not in the NBA any more.

That's who's beating out Ian for a spot on the French NT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo had a big game to help France beat Lithuania: http://www.eurobasket2011.com/en/def...eID=7984-E-6-2

Thread Information