Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't it be fair and square?
    Maybe since a good portion of the French team caught camel flu leading up the match.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Maybe he thinks the Ballon D'or was rigged. Where was Mbappe's in 2018 or Muller's in 2014 if we're handing out Ballon D'or's to WC winners? Domestically, Messi played in a farmer's league, held off Lens to win the French Ligue by a point and got bounced from champions league with relative ease. If we're going to lie to ourselves and say that trumps winning the treble in England all while breaking scoring records in Europe's toughest and most compe ive league, I don't know what to say. haaland was robbed. FWIW, as far as the national team goes, Messi wasn't winning a WC with Norway either.
    Neither of those guys even won Golden Ball of the WC. Heck, they didn't even finish 1st in voting of their respective teams (Griezman and Neuer)

Regarding the other nonesense, here, educate yourself:

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    Neither of those guys even won Golden Ball of the WC. Heck, they didn't even finish 1st in voting of their respective teams (Griezman and Neuer)

Regarding the other nonesense, here, educate yourself:

Comparing the EPL to the French Ligue 1 . That's where you lost me. He stat padding in a farmer's league while Haaland dominated the top league in the world. No talk about compe ions that matter because PSG didn't even make the Quarters of champions league, getting blanked twice by Bayern. Where were all those goals and assists for Club when it mattered? No Nice, Reims, or Clermont Foot to clobber in champions league. Outside of WC accomplishments, he beat up on inferior talent just like he's doing in the MLS and he's being rewarded for it.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Comparing the EPL to the French Ligue 1 . That's where you lost me. He stat padding in a farmer's league while Haaland dominated the top league in the world. No talk about compe ions that matter because PSG didn't even make the Quarters of champions league, getting blanked twice by Bayern. Where were all those goals and assists for Club when it mattered? No Nice, Reims, or Clermont Foot to clobber in champions league. Outside of WC accomplishments, he beat up on inferior talent just like he's doing in the MLS and he's being rewarded for it.
    It is easier to get stats in the Premier League than on the French League, specially on City, and specially as the main target and penalty taker. Messi was taking a seatback to Mbappe on a harder league to stat pad and still outpadded Haaland.

Also, PSG before Messi got there = lost the league.

City before Haaland got there = b2b champions.

Messi had the better stats and the bigger trophy, he clearly deserved the Ballon D'or. If Haaland would have won it, it would have been fine too. Anyone screaming "robbery" is just a basic that hasn't paid enough attention to the facts.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    It is easier to get stats in the Premier League than on the French League, specially on City, and specially as the main target and penalty taker. Messi was taking a seatback to Mbappe on a harder league to stat pad and still outpadded Haaland.

Also, PSG before Messi got there = lost the league.

City before Haaland got there = b2b champions.

Messi had the better stats and the bigger trophy, he clearly deserved the Ballon D'or. If Haaland would have won it, it would have been fine too. Anyone screaming "robbery" is just a basic that hasn't paid enough attention to the facts.
    PSG has won Ligue one nine times in their last 11 tries (because it's difficult?) and is barely holding on to that 5th best European conference power rankings and you're argument is we'll, it's easier to pad stats on City because they won back 2 back les without Haaland and now he's their main striker? Do you listen to yourself speak? Anyone who tries to compare Ligue 1 to the EPL is a complete idiot and that's me putting it politely. PSG is expected to dominate Ligue 1 and when they don't, they usually fire their manager.

It's much easier to stat pad in a non-competive league than it is to in a compe ive one. The bottom of the EPL is on par with mid table Ligue 1 teams. You get a real good look at where the leagues stand when you see PSG, the best Ligue 1 has to offer, getting thumped in the UCL with or without fanboy and playing alongside two world class strikers in Mbappe and Neymar, who undoubtedly helped to inflate Messi's assist totals.

The only meaningful trophies that Messi won over Haaland were the WC one's and even at that, Messi had a solid supporting cast in Argentina. He wouldn't have won playing for Norway as the main striker/facilitator.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    PSG has won Ligue one nine times in their last 11 tries (because it's difficult?) and is barely holding on to that 5th best European conference power rankings and you're argument is we'll, it's easier to pad stats on City because they won back 2 back les without Haaland and now he's their main striker? Do you listen to yourself speak? Anyone who tries to compare Ligue 1 to the EPL is a complete idiot and that's me putting it politely. PSG is expected to dominate Ligue 1 and when they don't, they usually fire their manager.

It's much easier to stat pad in a non-competive league than it is to in a compe ive one. The bottom of the EPL is on par with mid table Ligue 1 teams. You get a real good look at where the leagues stand when you see PSG, the best Ligue 1 has to offer, getting thumped in the UCL with or without fanboy and playing alongside two world class strikers in Mbappe and Neymar, who undoubtedly helped to inflate Messi's assist totals.

The only meaningful trophies that Messi won over Haaland were the WC one's and even at that, Messi had a solid supporting cast in Argentina. He wouldn't have won playing for Norway as the main striker/facilitator.
    No, dumbass. It's easier to statpad on the Premier League just because it is. The style of play is way more open and there are more goals. Over the years, there are a lot more goals scored in the Premier League than in Ligue 1. Take City and Chelsea game the other day: a 4-4 draw. That seldom happens on any other league. It is similar to the NBA and the Euroleague, where the level of play is higher in the NBA, but it is also easier to get better stats because of the style of play and the rules.

In any case, Messi still outgained Haaland in terms of stats while also winning the bigger trophy. Deserved Ball D'or. Anyone screaming "robbery" is an emotional baby that can't analyze facts with an objective viewpoint.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    0-2

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Losing the ball which led to Uruguay’s 2nd goal

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Uruguay was the better team, tbh... good humbling.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Uruguay was the better team, tbh... good humbling.
    Nice team tbh
    Fede, Ugarte, Darwin, Araujo
    And coached by Bielsa

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    No matter which you preferred, there is no denying the 2005-2022 was probably the best Era we'll see in footy maybe til our death beds. The sport is transitioning, best players are still too young and major International Tournament's are being watered down.

I'll attend the Euros in person like I always do. North America World Cup will be top notch travel, accommodations and hype. But the talent on the field won't compare to last hurrah 2022 or 2006.

The sport isn't in crisis but we need new heroes and villains.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    https://x.com/brfootball/status/1257...267147786?s=20

2006 was the most talented World Cup I watched

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Sad to see this rivalry have such a sad end tbh..

Ronaldo up there with Haaland, Mbappe, Kane in goals scored this year. While the midget flopped in the MLS (1 goal )

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Midget is the prototype modern day football mercenary. He was great with barca, but every other club he joined only to collect checks.

You can't even say this was good business for the mls, when the hype settled down, nobody gives a about the mls still.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    No matter which you preferred, there is no denying the 2005-2022 was probably the best Era we'll see in footy maybe til our death beds. The sport is transitioning, best players are still too young and major International Tournament's are being watered down.

I'll attend the Euros in person like I always do. North America World Cup will be top notch travel, accommodations and hype. But the talent on the field won't compare to last hurrah 2022 or 2006.

The sport isn't in crisis but we need new heroes and villains.
    Thought the same in the mid 80s, tbh... eras are different though, once you start talking about rule changes, pitch quality, etc...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Midget is the prototype modern day football mercenary. He was great with barca, but every other club he joined only to collect checks.
    uh? He won with all the teams he joined, including PSG and Inter Miami.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Mbappe won with PSG tbh, Pessi was just a passenger

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

You can't even say this was good business for the mls, when the hype settled down, nobody gives a about the mls still.
    And nobody gives a about Saudi Arabia either. No way they make money on that absurd contract.

Hype will be back next season, but Messi is virtually retired.

He also spent 95% of his career at barca, ronaldo is a way way bigger mercenary. Literally left Real madrid over money and his career was never the same.

Messi is the GOAT, just accept it my friend.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Sad to see this rivalry have such a sad end tbh..

Ronaldo up there with Haaland, Mbappe, Kane in goals scored this year. While the midget flopped in the MLS (1 goal )
    World Cup >>>>>>>> having a team not win the saudi league despite all those "goals"

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Haaland had 0 goals in the semi finals and finals of all tourneys City played in. They scored 12 goals in those 5 matches.

Haaland is great but never had the decisive goals often enough. Much like lewandowski they score when the team scores in bunches, but very very rarely do you recall match winning goals. Haaland suffers from playing on a brilliant team, Messi inarguably had more of a carry job in the NT than Haaland in CL.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    And nobody gives a about Saudi Arabia either. No way they make money on that absurd contract.

Hype will be back next season, but Messi is virtually retired.

He also spent 95% of his career at barca, ronaldo is a way way bigger mercenary. Literally left Real madrid over money and his career was never the same.

Messi is the GOAT, just accept it my friend.

I'm calling midget a football mercenary in the sense that, when he left barca, he never played at that same level and never scored that many goals ever again. He was just there collecting checks at PSG and now Inter Miami.

Ronaldo on the other hand, always did with he was paid to do, score a ton of goals. Left Real with 450 goals for the club, scored 101 goals in 3 seasons in Italy, 18 goals in the Premier League at 36 years and now Al Nassr.

With Ronaldo, you know what you're gonna get, goals. When you sign midget, he might be an injured TOSB or just have sand in his vagina because he's playing in a different system than the one he's accustomed to. Therefore, his production and numbers drop.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    I'm calling midget a football mercenary in the sense that, when he left barca, he never played at that same level and never scored that many goals ever again. He was just there collecting checks at PSG and now Inter Miami.

Ronaldo on the other hand, always did with he was paid to do, score a ton of goals. Left Real with 450 goals for the club, scored 101 goals in 3 seasons in Italy, 18 goals in the Premier League at 36 years and now Al Nassr.

With Ronaldo, you know what you're gonna get, goals. When you sign midget, he might be an injured TOSB or just have sand in his vagina because he's playing in a different system than the one he's accustomed to. Therefore, his production and numbers drop.
    With Ronaldo you get a diva that NO ONE wants to deal with. Banished from Europa, and even after goals in Saudi Arabia where players at Mitrovic level are just 3 goals behind nobody will want Ronaldo back in europe. BENCHnaldo for a reason.

But hey, scoring against plumbers at 39 for a ton of money is good for him, his implosion and suicide of his career will be remembered for years and years.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    With Ronaldo you get a diva that NO ONE wants to deal with. Banished from Europa, and even after goals in Saudi Arabia where players at Mitrovic level are just 3 goals behind nobody will want Ronaldo back in europe. BENCHnaldo for a reason.

But hey, scoring against plumbers at 39 for a ton of money is good for him, his implosion and suicide of his career will be remembered for years and years.
    Meanwhile, midget is not even top 200 in the MLS in goals with only 1 goal, in a worse league than the saudi league

Nothing but a football mercenary just waiting for that retirement package

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, midget is not even top 200 in the MLS in goals with only 1 goal, in a worse league than the saudi league

Nothing but a football mercenary just waiting for that retirement package
    11 goals in 13 MLS matches in the US, way to try to talk for “league goals only” 11 goals in 13 matches is great. You were crying about scripting Messi was playing so well ffs

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    No, dumbass. It's easier to statpad on the Premier League just because it is. The style of play is way more open and there are more goals. Over the years, there are a lot more goals scored in the Premier League than in Ligue 1. Take City and Chelsea game the other day: a 4-4 draw. That seldom happens on any other league. It is similar to the NBA and the Euroleague, where the level of play is higher in the NBA, but it is also easier to get better stats because of the style of play and the rules.

In any case, Messi still outgained Haaland in terms of stats while also winning the bigger trophy. Deserved Ball D'or. Anyone screaming "robbery" is an emotional baby that can't analyze facts with an objective viewpoint.
    Have you ever actually sat down and watched an EPL game involving Man City within the last decade? The majority of teams park the bus against City making it more challenging to score. It's why City has so much possession because opposing teams put ten in the box. yeah, there's more scoring in the premier league in general because the level of compe ion is much greater than that hole of a French Ligue one. The City-Chelsea game was an anomaly. As bad as City's defense has been this year, they rarely give up more than a goal or two. Let me put it another way, if City and PSG switched places, they would absolutely thrash the French Ligue one. City would be centurions every season.

The Euroleague is a couple steps below the NBA but I've seen washed up scrubs leave the NBA for the Euroleague and dominate. The NBA hasn't always been about the motion offense, it used to be a lot of one on one and post ups. I would argue that 12-15 years ago, the NBA was a different animal. It was much easier to statpad abroad than to do so in the NBA. Many players playing in today's NBA wouldn't have had a job 15 years ago.

Lets keep it simple, Messi won the Ballon D'or because it was a WC year and his team won, not because of his stat padding in a farmer's league. But, it's also pretty obvious that Messi was surrounded by better players at Argentina than Haaland had at Norway. Put Messi on Norway and Haaland on Argentina, Norway doesn't make it out of the group stage while Argentina are still competing for a WC.

Thread Information