Page 316 of 356 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 8889
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point, for me, is that I'd much rather secure Stephon Castle (in this scenario) than have to pick a Cody Williams or Ron Holland. If all it takes are some SRPs, then absolutely. I'd even think about giving them their FRP back. There's a PR hit there ("The Spurs traded a 2025 first rounder to move up two spots!@!"), but I don't think they make the playoffs, anyway, so it's like giving them their two SRPs back. Think about, at least.

Ultimately, I think Castle and Dillingham are the two bets I want to take in this draft, and if I can get both, then I'm happy:

Dillingham
    - Excellent shooting
    - Good passing (great lobs)
    - Exceptional ball handling and quickness
    - Clutch ability / scoring bursts

Castle
    - Excellent defense
    - Winning pedigree
    - Good connection passer
    - Won't need hand-holding

So, I'd definitely move up from 8 if the cost isn't that much.
    The problem is castle has said he wants to play pg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everything they have done in the recent past indicates that the Spurs want a wing sized PG. The "positionless basketball" approach seems to be having size at every position with everybody being able to handle the ball. My issue is that we don't have a HOTS. You need somebody who can become a legit 1-2 punch in combination with Wemby, which constantly leaves the defense scrambling and generates open shots. That's why a Dillingham is more intriguing to me than a player like Castle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need help filling out this list

List of things Buzelis does better than Sochan:

1) a bit of a springier athlete while weighing less and having less length/strength
    2. Nothing

If we draft Matas we're ed, he is a definitional bust.

Add Salaun to that list of ed. Matas or Salaun drafts are horrible. Both are busts. Book it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't want to touch Mantas as I don't see him having the handles to play SF, I think he is destined to either player PF or be out of the league. I also don't see him fitting in with Wemby as a lot of his offense would push Wemby out to the 3 ball line. He can't shoot and he does not play physical at all to many times he does nothing on offense or defense he just disappears for long stretches of time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everything they have done in the recent past indicates that the Spurs want a wing sized PG. The "positionless basketball" approach seems to be having size at every position with everybody being able to handle the ball. My issue is that we don't have a HOTS. You need somebody who can become a legit 1-2 punch in combination with Wemby, which constantly leaves the defense scrambling and generates open shots. That's why a Dillingham is more intriguing to me than a player like Castle.
    This kind of comment puzzles me. The Spurs won five championships with small PGs. They currently have a small PG, who they drafted themselves. Where is this recent history of going for big PGs?

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle is definitely in play for the Wizards at number 2 as he fits in the backcourt with Poole.

Clingan, Risacher, Sarr are the other 3 in play for the Wiz I think.

Can’t see anyone else, including Topic.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are no high end 20+ league scoreres in this draft. Dillingham will not be, you'll see. He won't even be a starter in the long run.

Next year you'll get the high end all star level players with more skills.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle is definitely in play for the Wizards at number 2 as he fits in the backcourt with Poole.

Clingan, Risacher, Sarr are the other 3 in play for the Wiz I think.

Can’t see anyone else, including Topic.
    Hope not, then the Spurs will end up with Topic at 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salaun with an a meh stat line today in Cholet's loss to Paris Basket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suggs is also the main reason the magic might have to cash out a washed up Klay Thompson for some sort of consistent perimeter shooting.

I think there is a reason why when teams have to choose between an offensive point guard vs a defensive one they choose the offensive one like 9.9 times out of 10
    You could blame Franz for that too. But Parlo isn't a great interior defender. He did improve alot. Carter and Issac obviously are. Snuggs made them that good this year. He was a big part of that. Also, I am just considering that it's easier to find a shooter and poor defender than a strong guard defender with offensive limitations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of a big wing sized PG, up to now castles jumper isn’t there but there’s no predicting on Castles jumper in the future. And if the spurs have to invest in some shooters good!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the idea of Cade being a PG was probably misguided from the start. While a 6'6" PG is a modern NBA fan's wet dream, Cade actually had a negative AST:TO in college and given his good 3 point shooting and wing-sized dimensions, probably should have been used as a secondary playmaking wing / 2 guard from the start. I think that you are spot on that what the Pistons actually need is a facilitating guard to play alongside Cade, and I actually think that Dillingham, Sheppard, or Topic would all probably work next to Cade far better than them taking a 3 and D wing.

I actually have similar concerns about Castle being used as a PG, as he is even more 2 guard/wing-ish than Cade with similar dimensions and even worse offensive facilitating concerns. I think if you draft Castle, a realistic optimistic projection is that he develops into a secondary playmaking guard and defensive playmaker like a bigger Jalen Suggs, and you can use Vassell (who may be an empty calories occasional all-star ala DeRozan on a "bargain" contract in a couple years) as a pretty significant trade piece to get the star wing that you really need whether through the draft or trade.
    Castle’s asst/TO ratio is 2/1. He’s not worse as a playmaker than Cade,and in fact he’s better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle is a beast if you look into the program he played in and his highlights he’s a bully. I was not high on Castle then saw he’s almost as tall as the available wings and the possibility he plays PG. The biggest question is whether to pair him with one of the smalls or a bigger wing in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fwiw, the newest Down to Dunk podcast, a thunder media podcast, the 2 hosts were big Buzelis fans and griped about him going to the Spurs and mad that with 2 picks there was no way the Spurs passed on Buzelis twice.

Weird

They also have a weird refusal to criticize Presti, and acted like the Thunder were too asset poor and couldn't have possibly paid the asset price to get PJ Washington or whatever, very defensive over the cost to acquire players despite having the most draft picks ever.

Also insisted that the Hayward trade was a good one and they would do it the same with a second chance. Huh?

At least Spurs fandom has debate and differences of opinion, thunder people all seem like cultists.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no way the Spurs are leaking they are big fans of him if they actually are lol.

It’s either a smokescreen from the Spurs or someone with ‘sauces’ making up or assuming .

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is castle has said he wants to play pg
    To be precise, he said he wouldn't work out for any team that already has a point guard. The Spurs definitely don't have a point guard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle would bully either of the BOS Gs and hold his own vs Williams. I’m sure the Spurs are taking a hard look at him.

Castle paired with Sheppard or Buzelis would be a strong draft for us. May be more ideal to get the shooter then target SF/PFs in 25.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be precise, he said he wouldn't work out for any team that already has a point guard. The Spurs definitely don't have a point guard.
    24-25 season best last chance for another PG “experiment”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no way the Spurs are leaking they are big fans of him if they actually are lol.

It’s either a smokescreen from the Spurs or someone with ‘sauces’ making up or assuming .
    It's literally just outsiders saying what they think is happening. Teams can sometimes get a sense of what is going on, ie, where workouts are planned or not planned. It's no one's surprise the Spurs might be interested and I'm not really sure what the smokescreen would be for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle is almost an inch taller than Keldon, same wingspan. Keldon’s got about 2” in standing reach over Castle. Sidy’s the same height but just slightly longer than Castle. Castle at point guard would give us a jumbo lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kind of comment puzzles me. The Spurs won five championships with small PGs. They currently have a small PG, who they drafted themselves. Where is this recent history of going for big PGs?
    Tre was never viewed as a starter. The only reason he started was cause the Sochan at PG experiment failed and even after that Pop started Branham at point until he got injured.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's literally just outsiders saying what they think is happening. Teams can sometimes get a sense of what is going on, ie, where workouts are planned or not planned. It's no one's surprise the Spurs might be interested and I'm not really sure what the smokescreen would be for.
    fans these days have a hard time discriminating between what fans/outsiders think and actual veritable sources. "Donovan Mitc to the Lakers makes sense" translates to at least 2k retweets and media outlets will treat it as a rumor. That's how unserious sports media is as an industry.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I promise you those idiots from Project Spurs also go here and scrape this space for article ideas. They aren't very slick and none of them are even remotely competent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they tried sochan at PG
    they tried branham at PG
    wesley isnt "big" but he's 6'3 with a 6'9 wingspan
    they tried primo at PG
    before that it was dejounte murray

tre jones was drafted in the 2nd round to be a backup

Thread Information