Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been pulling for the Wolves all along. Would be hilarious to see Boston come short in the finals again, even tho i still have love for White

fathead vs fathead finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been pulling for the Wolves all along. Would be hilarious to see Boston come short in the finals again, even tho i still have love for White

fathead vs fathead finals
    May the fattest head win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched some vlatko cancar highlights...he actually could be a nice x factor Bruce brown replacement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, so now injuries factor into the calculus, but when it's the Warriors and their unprecedented fortune, then it's out of bounds.

I think the Warriors winning four les plus having seasons of 67,73, & 67 wins is a much bigger body of evidence than the Timberwolves making the conference finals once, yes. I've never said injuries are out of bounds as a topic, but I think if you're applying it for wins, you also have to apply it for loses, i.e., the loss against Toronto. Either way, winning that many les is impressive, as it would be even if they'd "only" won three.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rooting for the Celts, because them winning would piss off the Laker fans cuz of 18>17

yeah

only laker fans count those minneapolis les…

they exist in fantasy land

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Warriors winning four les plus having seasons of 67,73, & 67 wins is a much bigger body of evidence than the Timberwolves making the conference finals once, yes. I've never said injuries are out of bounds as a topic, but I think if you're applying it for wins, you also have to apply it for loses, i.e., the loss against Toronto. Either way, winning that many les is impressive, as it would be even if they'd "only" won three.
    It's about the principle and I've always applied it both ways for the Warriors, it's just that in their case it's unprecedented good luck and only one notable example of bad luck and even that was helpful in a sense because it allowed them to rest after 5 straight Finals and get a few high picks.

To me, it's about who you beat or what you had to overcome, not the end result. For example, had the Nuggets pulled off the comeback vs the Timberwolves, that would have meant more for their resume or "legacy" than their championship did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To me, it's about who you beat or what you had to overcome, not the end result. For example, had the Nuggets pulled off the comeback vs the Timberwolves, that would have meant more for their resume or "legacy" than their championship did.

So if the Nuggets had won game 7 against the T-wolves and then lost to Dallas in the conference finals, you would've rated that higher than them going 16-4 in last year's playoffs and winning a ring? I find that hard to believe. I get the whole context & nuance angle, and that's lots of fun to talk about, but ultimately it's about winning championships, not consolation points.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if the Nuggets had won game 7 against the T-wolves and then lost to Dallas in the conference finals, you would've rated that higher than them going 16-4 in last year's playoffs and winning a ring? I find that hard to believe. I get the whole context & nuance angle, and that's lots of fun to talk about, but ultimately it's about winning championships, not consolation points.
    I would have considered it their greatest achievement to date, just like I consider the Spurs greatest to be dethroning the Lakers in '03 and beating the Thunder in '14.

The thing with championships is, when you luck into an all time great player and have a decent enough team around them, sometimes (especially in this era) the path clears, like it did for the Nuggets. Granted, they left no doubt with their performance, but still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah

only laker fans count those minneapolis les…

they exist in fantasy land
    Celtics fans also count les when the league was onl 6 teams and full of accountants and plumbers. Celtics are tied with the Spurs with 5 les since the Merger, only the Bulls (6) and Lakers (11) have more. The Celtics only have 1 le since 1990 and are generally an overrated historical franchise.

As much as I hate the Lakers, they're one of a few franchises since the 1990 who've been able to win in distinct, unrelated eras (the Pistons being the other obvious one... the Heat and Spurs are more debatable, but I count them because I think Wade-Shaq Heat are very different from the Bron-Wade Heat, and the 1999 Spurs are distinctly different from the 03/05/07 Spurs which are distinctly different from the 14 Spurs).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics fans also count les when the league was onl 6 teams and full of accountants and plumbers. Celtics are tied with the Spurs with 5 les since the Merger, only the Bulls (6) and Lakers (11) have more. The Celtics only have 1 le since 1990 and are generally an overrated historical franchise.

As much as I hate the Lakers, they're one of a few franchises since the 1990 who've been able to win in distinct, unrelated eras (the Pistons being the other obvious one... the Heat and Spurs are more debatable, but I count them because I think Wade-Shaq Heat are very different from the Bron-Wade Heat, and the 1999 Spurs are distinctly different from the 03/05/07 Spurs which are distinctly different from the 14 Spurs).
    The City of Boston is the city of boston and whether it was wooden baskets or whatever - they won les in the city of boston...

the city of los angeles is NOT the city of minneapolis...get it?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics are the biggest pretenders in a long time.

If they make it to the finals, they have no chance.
    There's just no extra gear a championship team needs.
    How can you be a big favorite and then not send a message to a team that just played 7 games?
    This had to be an early blowout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton just Manued White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize Mathurin has been hurt and Walker is a rookie, but what are their roles on the Pacers next year? Just more ammo for the team? I assume they resign Siakam but have a decision to make on Toppin (RFA). Mathurin seems like someone that maybe they could move off of for a better fit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics are the biggest pretenders in a long time.

If they make it to the finals, they have no chance.
    There's just no extra gear a championship team needs.
    How can you be a big favorite and then not send a message to a team that just played 7 games?
    This had to be an early blowout.
    Like half of their fg attempts are 3 pointers. They live and die by the 3. Nearly unbeatable when those 3s fall and incredibly beatable when those 3s aren't falling.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like half of their fg attempts are 3 pointers. They live and die by the 3. Nearly unbeatable when those 3s fall and incredibly beatable when those 3s aren't falling.
    Poor man's MDA Rockets.
    Except that even with all his choking, Harden was a few tiers above Tatum.

Indiana chokes it awat, shame.
    Brown is a way better leader than Tatum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing choke job

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez, Pacers. First Hali dribbles off his knee and then turnover on the inbounds. Self inflicted wounds that might cost them this game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ing foul brah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why didn't they foul??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank your Lucky Charms Cs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ing foul brah
    we sre gettingJim Carrey’s performance from dumb and dumber

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude it's a tie game Hali you don't need at 3

There was enough time to take it to the rim and get a high percentage look or maybe draw on a defender for FTs

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ing foul brah
    How many times are we going to have to see this ing movie lol. I'm not sure what is in the head of these Old School coaches that leads them to not foul at a moment like that, but I guess they will just have to keep losing

Post Count
    dude it's a tie game Hali you don't need at 3

There was enough time to take it to the rim and get a high percentage look or maybe draw on a defender for FTs
    Warriors Dynasty brain rotted the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Pacers FTs 3-3

Celtics FTs 17-23

BOS is the most baby franchise

Thread Information