Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF is in the water in France? USA is going to have it tough in international compe ions for the next 2 decades.
    It’s not just France. Euroball, in general, involves ball movement and reversal, the very thing that has vaulted UConn to consecutive championships. I think that will be the next iteration of the NBA, after a lot of resistance. I get the feeling that the US could lose the gold again, and if our domestic stars don’t win on the international stage, that’s a problem for the league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would run with tre jones for another season and look in this draft for decent 3 and d guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took over 50 years for the first international player to win MVP. This was Steve Nash, who won two years in a row. To be fair, he's Canadian, so... sorta foreign. He was followed by the second international player, Dirk Nowitzki.

The next was Antetokounmpo in 2019. It's now been six years in a row with foreign MVPs and there's no end in sight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do wonder if 2024 is the year to draft the guards, and 2025 the wings

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just take best player not a Center and see who really fits and who needs to be let go or traded. The end of next season is when I think they start doing this and then making a few waives in free agency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took over 50 years for the first international player to win MVP. This was Steve Nash, who won two years in a row. To be fair, he's Canadian, so... sorta foreign. He was followed by the second international player, Dirk Nowitzki.

The next was Antetokounmpo in 2019. It's now been six years in a row with foreign MVPs and there's no end in sight.
    What about Hakeem?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do wonder if 2024 is the year to draft the guards, and 2025 the wings
    Could probably have 4 next year. Might need to create Austin Spurs II for all of these dudes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could probably have 4 next year. Might need to create Austin Spurs II for all of these dudes.
    2 for sure (Spurs' own plus Atlanta's), 3rd pick is a toss up (Chicago's only conveys if 11th or lower, may not happen next year), 4th is highly unlikely (Charlotte is likely looking at a rebuild).

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nolan Traoré: 20 points/ 6 assists in 15 minutes, in blow out win vs U18 Alba Berlin (102-62)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid is gonna be a stud tbh. Him being this good thing young is impressive. Also has great size for the position at 6’4+, and is said to be a high-character kid. Much prefer him to any of the PG’s in this draft tbh. And guarantee he’s all over the Spurs’ radar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll end up uncontested 1st pick if he continues on that rythm. Impressive really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll end up uncontested 1st pick if he continues on that rythm. Impressive really.
    Sorry, that will be Cooper Flag.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, that will be Cooper Flag.
    Why sorry? (I don't have a horse in the race)

We'll see, but his opposition is already at a much higher level than Cooper's and he keeps getting better

He has everything at a very tough a rare position

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to understand that 2025 draft is going to be so important to this franchise in either just being a Playoff team VS. an actual Championship team. The difference will be determined by getting either a top 4 pick or two top 10 picks where we can legitimately get two starting players for a Playoff caliber team. This team is not going to be built by making trades for top players we won all of our Championships mostly by draft.

After the 2025 I am cool with getting battle tested seasoned vets to build up our bench. I think people forget that bench was strong during those Championship days as a lot of time we would just wear teams out by being so deep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to understand that 2025 draft is going to be so important to this franchise in either just being a Playoff team VS. an actual Championship team. The difference will be determined by getting either a top 4 pick or two top 10 picks where we can legitimately get two starting players for a Playoff caliber team. This team is not going to be built by making trades for top players we won all of our Championships mostly by draft.

After the 2025 I am cool with getting battle tested seasoned vets to build up our bench. I think people forget that bench was strong during those Championship days as a lot of time we would just wear teams out by being so deep
    I completely agree. The Spurs are going to a have a really good opportunity to add two high level starters, even possibly a player that would be a franchise player on majority of the teams in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why sorry? (I don't have a horse in the race)

We'll see, but his opposition is already at a much higher level than Cooper's and he keeps getting better

He has everything at a very tough a rare position
    Because he’s the uncontested #1 r/n in a really stacked draft. Now,in drafts with a number of really great prospects, sometimes the #1 mock player doesn’t get drafted #1. Banchero wasn’t the consensus #1, but he was drafted first. I feel comfortable, though, that Flag will be the #1 in most mocks, excepting a few edgelords. He’d have to fall flat on his face at Duke to be dislodged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This kid is legit.

2025 class just seems so loaded man. I know we have no room to considering we just lucked into VW but , imagine if the 2024 class was like 2025 and we had picks 4 and 8.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he’s the uncontested #1 r/n in a really stacked draft. Now,in drafts with a number of really great prospects, sometimes the #1 mock player doesn’t get drafted #1. Banchero wasn’t the consensus #1, but he was drafted first. I feel comfortable, though, that Flag will be the #1 in most mocks, excepting a few edgelords. He’d have to fall flat on his face at Duke to be dislodged.
    I get it but trust me you'll soon join the club, check his crazy perf today again ...

I think I got a crush. He's amazing, the whole package

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flagg could be another top prospect that falls flat in college like we see every year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sheesh we might have to tank for another year...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This kid is legit.

2025 class just seems so loaded man. I know we have no room to considering we just lucked into VW but , imagine if the 2024 class was like 2025 and we had picks 4 and 8.
    He looks awesome and like the real deal. 45/9/6 is super impressive, but just to temper expectations a little bit remember also that this time last year Nikola Topic put up 49/12 at ANGT compe ion as well and today there's a good portion of this board that thinks he's going to be a massive bust even without the injury.

From these clips, Traore looks like a potential tanking prize in 2025, looking forward to how he performs over the next year.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flagg could be another top prospect that falls flat in college like we see every year.
    You might be right, but I doubt it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    March Madness must become June Madness. With all these European prospects making eyes at the NBA just before the draft, American prospects seem like little kids.

About Nolan Traoré, the most astonishing thing about him is the way he plays just, giving the impression that he never forces. He seems to be able to exploit the loopholes that defenses offer him like a veteran against second-rate players (there were undoubtedly two or three future NBA players in Barcelona team). The rather astonishing combination of game intelligence and quality of execution. Looking forward to seeing his decision for next year. His biggest flaw ultimately is being so strong and easy that although he chooses the best option with each attack, his teammates perhaps end up watching him play (even if he maintains an exceptional quality at finding interiors on pick and roll which will end up in the circle or to come out on shooters).

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind we tank for another year tbh

Let's continue the PG Sochan experiment 2.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information