Page 313 of 356 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 8876
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a question is he a SF or a PF?
    Can play either depending on the lineup but he projects as a SF at the next level. That's why it's imperative that he learn to shoot the 3 more consistently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seen 2 different mocks that were released today that have Dillingham going #3 to Houston. Including this one, that has Clingan going 2 and the Spurs taking Risacher at 4.

https://collegesportswire.usatoday.c...ge-basketball/
    Looking at all these mocks and that's a pretty decent one. I'd prob take Castle at 8 instead of Topic but I like the Pacome #35 call lol

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a question is he a SF or a PF?
    Imo he’s similar to Sochan, slightly undersized for a 4 or a 3 with good size. Buzelis is taller than Sochan by an inch or two but he’s slighter with narrower shoulders so may not be able to hold much extra weight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite a quiet game from Risacher today with 6 points and 11 rebounds in 25 minutes.

Next for his team is the semi final against Monaco, who is obviously the heavy favorite.
    Monaco pummeled Wemby's Mets92 in the LNB Pro A Finals last summer iirc and they were impressive. Heavy favorite seems appropriate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just seeing more highlights and reading more, I'm still in favour Castle at 4. Just seeing what Suggs did with the magic and how much flexibility the magic have now but having that point of attack defender. You don't see many of those big point guards come into the league. Then again, needing a guard to break down defense is also necessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes me wonder if SA likes Castle when his data probably in some small way more easily overlaps with Spurs due to similar system at UCONN plus the existence of Clingan which is NOT a comparison of Clingan to Wemby but in a very general sense mocks Wemby's presence to enough of a degree to say the way Castle operates in Clingan's orbit is possibly what it would look like in SA with Vic. Looking back and Givony has Clingan #1 in his analytics based big board and we know Clingan is offensively limited so assuming that is mostly defensive impact.

Just may make it easier to extrapolate Castle's possible value in SA since there are those similarities existing where he came from.

Wonder if Castle wants to fall to SA at 8 and is putting some scripting to that effect with his replies to media. The stuff about wanting to not play with teams that already have a primary ball handler and how ppl are reacting to that negatively saying he's arrogant. It could be a sink act as a message to #6 CHA specifically and even #7 POR too since those would be eligible examples and the teams he needs to sink past.

And if Castle is really doing that I hope Risacher is too lol. It's crazy how SA might have that gravity now with Wemby. Nike has 100m invested etc, the recruitment pull is going to be real. Remember back in the day, Bron and Kobe getting whatever they want to make it work. Not that I want that, especially the Bosh/Pau level goods. But all those Mike Millers and Battiers start to add up regardless of FA, trades or draft the players wanting to be there opens up so much flexibility lol just thinking about D Fisher using his sick daughter to get back to the big market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we going Castle at 4 we should hope Reed fall to 8 as it would be great complimentary pick to Castle

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say it's meaningless. Please, for God's sake, read what people write. I said that after a certain point the small variations don't matter a whole lot.

Funnily enough, there was a good analysis I think on nba_draft where the guy sifted through years of drafts. Centers who are drafted high in the lottery have a very high chance of busting. The smaller a player selected high the lottery? Higher chance of hitting. (High lottery meaning around top 8 picks or so.)

What's crazy is that this is right. Men over seven feet tall, or thereabouts, are about 1 in 6 chance of playing in the NBA. The likelihood of those guys actually being good at basketball is pretty slim, given the size of the population.

But then the smaller you get, the wider the population. Which means that if you're getting drafted into the NBA, the chances are that you're very good at what you do. Basically, no one's taking fliers on 6'1" dudes. They're taking fliers on 6'8" athletes who don't know how to play, or 7'0" guys who are probably even worse players.
    yes, I get that. but Kids at 6', who can't dribble the ball, end up on a divison 3 college anyway.
    I don't see a big enough sample of players draftet high lottery that are 6'1" or below to take some statistical evidence from it.
    even if you go up to pick 1-10 you end up with maybe 10 players in the last 20 years. and if you look at them, no one, not a single one, was around 164. and each one of those players displayed something to somehow compensate. significantly longer arms, or significantly more weight and strenght, or both. or a supernatural speed.

I don't want to claim that Dillingham can't become a success story. but if he does, he will be an absolute exception regarding height, weight and wingspan. so yes, picking Dillingham at 4 is taking a flier. same at 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw this from a random Hornets journalist about Ron Holland, and it really made me doubt that he can become a good shooter.

1 out of 5 of your 3s being airballed/bricked means your shot is fricked.
    I’m actually more interested in his form than the current results. If it looks like MKG’s then he’s ed. There was never any fixing that shot.

Believe.
    Post Count
    off, I was responding to this post bringing up Irving. Do you even read the posts you respond to?
    omg, when did I ever mention his handles specifically? You are reading WAY too much to my generic statement. Get over it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle scoring 41 over Ron’s team in high school means a lot to me tbh. Castle at 4 and hope for Reed at 8

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    omg, when did I ever mention his handles specifically? You are reading WAY too much to my generic statement. Get over it!
    I was telling Body to off.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just seeing more highlights and reading more, I'm still in favour Castle at 4. Just seeing what Suggs did with the magic and how much flexibility the magic have now but having that point of attack defender. You don't see many of those big point guards come into the league. Then again, needing a guard to break down defense is also necessary.
    Suggs is also the main reason the magic might have to cash out a washed up Klay Thompson for some sort of consistent perimeter shooting.

I think there is a reason why when teams have to choose between an offensive point guard vs a defensive one they choose the offensive one like 9.9 times out of 10

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle scoring 41 over Ron’s team in high school means a lot to me tbh. Castle at 4 and hope for Reed at 8
    Definitely the best guard pairing we could get out of this draft. They both complement each other and each has a chance to establish themselves as the PG going forward.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, I get that. but Kids at 6', who can't dribble the ball, end up on a divison 3 college anyway.
    I don't see a big enough sample of players draftet high lottery that are 6'1" or below to take some statistical evidence from it.
    even if you go up to pick 1-10 you end up with maybe 10 players in the last 20 years. and if you look at them, no one, not a single one, was around 164. and each one of those players displayed something to somehow compensate. significantly longer arms, or significantly more weight and strenght, or both. or a supernatural speed.

I don't want to claim that Dillingham can't become a success story. but if he does, he will be an absolute exception regarding height, weight and wingspan. so yes, picking Dillingham at 4 is taking a flier. same at 8.
    the Rockets fans go here to read man. The Spurs don't want Dillingham. They clearly want Dalton Knecht, an experienced wing who scored a lot in college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs want Castle, they'll have to take him at 4 (assuming WAS and HOU don't take him). He's not making it to 8 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dream Draft szenarios:

#1: Risacher+Reed/Castle
    #2: Castle+Reed
    #3: Reed+Salaun/Buzelis
    #4: Buzelis+Salaun

...dont't want no Dillingham, Holland, Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Risacher ends up going top-3, but if both he and Castle were hypothetically there at 4, who are you taking in that scenario?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dream Draft szenarios:

#1: Risacher+Reed/Castle
    #2: Castle+Reed
    #3: Reed+Salaun/Buzelis
    #4: Buzelis+Salaun

...dont't want no Dillingham, Holland, Williams
    Imagine Castle goes 2 to WAS and Risacher 3 to HOU

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Risacher ends up going top-3, but if both he and Castle were hypothetically there at 4, who are you taking in that scenario?
    A likely possibility.

Personally, I take Castle - he has room to grow upon an already good skillset, especially POA defense. Risacher is likely limited to above average shooting, above average defense and his role never developing beyond sticking him in the corner. You can always find that player later in drafts... and next year is full of multi-talented SFs who blow him away.

Really, if Sheppard goes to Houston and Detroit is looking at no shooters, see if you can squeeze them for Risacher. They may just go for Knecht, but it's worth a try. But then Wembanyama may have a hissy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I take Castle - he has room to grow upon an already good skillset, especially POA defense. Risacher is likely limited to above average shooting, above average defense and his role never developing beyond sticking him in the corner. You can always find that player later in drafts... and next year is full of multi-talented SFs who blow him away.
    I also like Castle, seems like one of those connective pieces every championship roster needs, but i don't like him with our roster.
    Him and Jeremy would never be able to share the floor until they get some range, but Pop would still do it.

If we get Castle, then Knecht or Dillingham would have to be the 8th pick. Or Jeremy would have to go.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knecht is just a great fit with Wemby. Wouldn't mind him at 4 if Zacch ain't there. I feel Castle would be drafted over before he is better than Tre at that spot. Wouldn't mind him as Sochan insurance at the wing not at point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Castle/Knecht draft would fill a lot of needs for the spurs

Castle- Point of a attack defender/size, athlete, PG development
    knecht- Scorer/shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also like Castle, seems like one of those connective pieces every championship roster needs, but i don't like him with our roster.
    Him and Jeremy would never be able to share the floor until they get some range, but Pop would still do it.

If we get Castle, then Knecht or Dillingham would have to be the 8th pick. Or Jeremy would have to go.
    I agree that it's a problem, but we can figure that out later. We're not assembling a championship team just yet, we're trying to add up talent and get to the playoffs. Fit is an aspect, but we can make moves as needed to get the right players as we get closer. Sochan can come off the bench. Castle can come off the bench. If things don't quite work, those are players that can be moved. Sort of what Orlando is doing. They took Anthony Black despite having too many guards last year, but they thought he was the right choice at 6. They can figure it out.

But, yes, my 8 pick would be not just a shooter, but one that's a significant threat. I think Knecht fits that bill, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Castle goes 2 to WAS and Risacher 3 to HOU
    nightmare

Thread Information