Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. We have way too many young players to figure out PLUS needing to get Cissoko into the rotation. Two lotto picks and Sidy are like three rookies.

That said, I don't think Portland goes for Clingan or would value him so much to move up. Seem to be targeting wings.

Memphis might be the play to move up. Their SRP situation is confusing. They've traded all theirs away for the rest of the decade but have others coming in elsewhere.

Edey is getting nibbles in the top 10, too, so any of the Clingan-curious teams might be Edey-curious, too, so might not worry about waiting.
    None of the young guys already on the roster (Wesley, Branham, Cissoko, Barlow, Bassey) are better prospects than McCain, Devin Carter, or someone who falls unexpectedly. And even though a '26 pick may be preferable, it's unlikely you'd get a good one. If the Spurs primary targets are gone at 4 and you can still get a good option a few picks later, then I'd consider 7 + 14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the young guys already on the roster (Wesley, Branham, Cissoko, Barlow, Bassey) are better prospects than McCain, Devin Carter, or someone who falls unexpectedly. And even though a '26 pick may be preferable, it's unlikely you'd get a good one. If the Spurs primary targets are gone at 4 and you can still get a good option a few picks later, then I'd consider 7 + 14.
    Two things. You have literally no idea if this is true. McCain nor Carter have set a single foot on an NBA court.

And it costs nothing to have Wesley and Branham on the roster right now. Plus the more rookies you add, the more you ensure they don't get the development they deserve. Priority is getting the existing players better, second priority is integrating any new talent. Three rookies plus Cissoko is wild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things. You have literally no idea if this is true. McCain nor Carter have set a single foot on an NBA court.

And it costs nothing to have Wesley and Branham on the roster right now. Plus the more rookies you add, the more you ensure they don't get the development they deserve. Priority is getting the existing players better, second priority is integrating any new talent. Three rookies plus Cissoko is wild.
    No, priority is getting the best talent possible, whether from within the roster or from outside. And while we don't know for certain how yet undrafted players will fare on an NBA court, we do know how our current players performed, and it was underwhelming. So if it comes at no cost I would give the current core another season, but roster spots and playing time are not unlimited, and at some point the cost of opportunity becomes too high... and we're reaching that point.

Thread Information