Page 300 of 370 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 9229
    Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next year's draft class isn't deep with pgs.

Better to land your star SF and or SG next year.
    I see a few guards even fowards able to play pg in the top 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry if this has already been posted. Bodes well for us and that #4 spot tbh.
    It's crazy to me teams are considering taking a Jakob Poeltl in the top three. Clingan might be a bit better but the archetype can always be found later in the draft. I guess when the alternatives max out as role players, this is what you consider.

Seems more and more likely the Spurs can find Risacher at 4.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tidjane Salaun was born in 2005 and could enter the 2024 draft or wait until 2025. He’s one of the more impressive power forward prospects in Europe, showing really good mobility, a lot of toughness and he plays with good energy on the court. He’s a long and springy athlete who plays inside and out on offense and flashes some wing potential. His outside shot is a bit slow but he can hit the 3 and shows a lot of promise in this area. He’s also a versatile defender who can guard in space and excels in an up-tempo game.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okey. Freshman vs Sop re then @ 39 MPG
    STOCKTON
    FT. 0.676 @ 3.8 FTA
    AST. 5.0
    STL. 2.5
    PTS. 11.2

Reed @ 28.9 MPG
    FT 0.831 @ 2.5 FTA
    AST. 4.5
    STL. 2.5
    PTS. 12.5

REF: same reference I provided.
    Can I say that @ +1year moment in time of Stockton, Reed was almost the same player that Stockton was @ 10 minutes per game less?
    Lmao okay. Guess he's gonna be the best point guard of all time. Too bad nobody is drafting him first overall, because that's what you do to the best point guard of all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want Salaun, trade for a 3rd pick in this draft and take him….hes going to be stashed anyways

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy to me teams are considering taking a Jakob Poeltl in the top three. Clingan might be a bit better but the archetype can always be found later in the draft. I guess when the alternatives max out as role players, this is what you consider.

If some other team loves Risacher 6-12, there's a good possibility to trade too given that Detroit is going to pick BPA. The fall-off at wing after him seems pretty significant so if he's there at 4, the Spurs could get some really good trade offers and not have to fall too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao okay. Guess he's gonna be the best point guard of all time. Too bad nobody is drafting him first overall, because that's what you do to the best point guard of all time.
    No, you don’t. Steph Curry wasn’t first. Chris Paul wasn’t first. John Stockton wasn’t first. Stockton wasn’t the best point guard of all time. He places around 9th on that list. I don’t even think this is the point that alf was trying to make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you draft for theoretical upside? A team should take wild swings of the bat at upside when they have no franchise talent... or they have enough good talent and are already contending. We already have Wembanyama; we don't need theoretical anything. We need really good support players. If any of those support players become great, that's fantastic. Swinging on upside is great in the late lotto, not here, and not for us.

This is the worst time to get some guy just sitting his ass on the end of the bench (and Austin) taking up a roster spot for three years before he miiiiiiiight do anything. We have six lottery picks coming in the next three years. We have a different lottery pick this year.

Let's focus on actual players. Leave the theoretical players to those teams on theoretical timelines, lost in the mist of time, who don't know when they might strike gold. We didn't strike gold, we struck an atom bomb. We don't need a 5% chance at a good player in three years.
    -We don't have a player on the roster that projects as a #2 on a championship level team. , we don't even have a clear cut #3 guy. Just because you have Wemby doesn't mean you stop taking swings at another home run talent.
    -They're not contending in the next 2 years, point blank. This is absolutely the best time to get a guy sitting on his ass for 2 years if you think by year 3, he's a top contributor.
    -It's a /draft flat so #8 is basically "late lotto" in a good draft
    -They have two top 10 picks so they could get the "immediate contributor" you want at #4 (a la Castle) and still afford to take a home run swing at 8.
    -Just because they have a ton of lottery picks coming up in the next 3 years doesn't mean they're going to make them all. They will and should consolidate them for better picks/players that they can focus on. I don't expect them to be developing 6-7 young guys over the next few years

Finally, this team has roster spots to spare. Outside Wemby and arguably 3-4 other players, everybody is replaceable and should be on the chopping block if the FO thinks a better prospect is worth the spot over them. That's not even debatable tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who knows. The wizard podcast types seems to see Clingan as a potential defensive "culture setter" since they've been in that department for so long. I still think ZR goes in the top 3, and suspect the Rockets will get a lot of trade interest if he falls there.

My gut is that if the two Cs and ZR go 1-3, that the Spurs take Topic for better or worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows. The wizard podcast types seems to see Clingan as a potential defensive "culture setter" since they've been in that department for so long. I still think ZR goes in the top 3, and suspect the Rockets will get a lot of trade interest if he falls there.

My gut is that if the two Cs and ZR go 1-3, that the Spurs take Topic for better or worse.
    I can see taking Clingan over Risacher. I'd much rather get a solid center over Julian Champagnie that high in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okey. Freshman vs Sop re then @ 39 MPG
    STOCKTON
    FT. 0.676 @ 3.8 FTA
    AST. 5.0
    STL. 2.5
    PTS. 11.2

Reed @ 28.9 MPG
    FT 0.831 @ 2.5 FTA
    AST. 4.5
    STL. 2.5
    PTS. 12.5

REF: same reference I provided.
    Can I say that @ +1year moment in time of Stockton, Reed was almost the same player that Stockton was @ 10 minutes per game less?

Dude I’m so buying this. Reed freshman stat is so much better already and would only improve if he stays in college.

I didn’t say Reed’s comp is John Stockton. I meant his demeanor and decision making, nothing fancy just straight A to B. His steals and block shots. I would love for Spurs to pick him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's uncanny how nearly identical Bronny James's combine numbers were to Reed Sheppard's.

Lane Agility
    Bronny: 10.96
    Sheppard: 10.96

Shuttle Run
    Bronny: 3.02
    Sheppard: 3.03

Three Quarter Sprint
    Bronny: 3.09
    Sheppard: 3.08

Standing Vertical Leap
    Bronny: 32"
    Sheppard: 32.5"

Max Vertical Leap
    Bronny: 40.5"
    Sheppard: 42"

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb..._VERTICAL_LEAP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of nightmare scenarios emerging. Most of them involve Topic and Salaun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good thing is the days are flying by fast. For me at least.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For God sake, stop with Risacher with our #4 pick please. He will be a bust for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theres no way Spurs do Topic and Salaun at their current draft picks….if SA trades back maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What will it cost to move up from #4 to #2 with Washington and take Risacher?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mother of God... Why not trade Victor for the first pick in order to be sure to get in' Risacher ?

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you don’t. Steph Curry wasn’t first. Chris Paul wasn’t first. John Stockton wasn’t first. Stockton wasn’t the best point guard of all time. He places around 9th on that list. I don’t even think this is the point that alf was trying to make.
    Holy , dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A pick in a real draft instead of this crap one. Better to stay put, and take who falls to us. At least you’re not burning that other future pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on how much they love Risacher (if that’s indeed their guy). But if they love Clingan for example and think HOU will pass on him I think something like Pick 4 + CHI pick would get it done pretty easily

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For God sake, stop with Risacher with our #4 pick please. He will be a bust for sure.
    I have no idea if he’d be a bust or not, but I know for a fact I’d never be able to correctly pronounce his last name. So I vote no. Hey, it’s as good a reason as some of the takes I’ve read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t Blake Wesley also reported to have been in the gym day and night working on his finishing?
    based on how he played down the stretch last year he's working on finishing his tenure with the spurs tbh

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could get Tiddy ed, yes that's true. But they have to draft a shooter at 4 then.

Thread Information