Page 1602 of 1612 FirstFirst ... 6021102150215521592159815991600160116021603160416051606 ... LastLast
Results 40,026 to 40,050 of 40295
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Putin & X sittin' in a tree...

How the Ukraine war brought China and Russia closer together

By Rosa de Acosta and Simone McCarthy, CNN

5 minute read
    Published 6:00 PM EDT, Wed May 15, 2024

Hong KongCNN —
    As countries around the world ramped up sanctions on Russia in the wake of Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, it became clear that the Russian president still had a powerful friend in Xi Jinping.
    The Chinese leader, who declared a “no limits” partnership with Russia weeks before the full-scale invasion, set a policy of decrying sanctions and continuing to strengthen ties with Putin. This week, Xi is welcoming him to China for a two-day state visit — their fourth in-person meeting since Russia’s onslaught in Ukraine began.
    The war has driven the two leaders and their economies closer together — with trade hitting record levelslast year as Russia upped its imports of key commodities from China and Chinese buyers lapped updiscounted Russian fuel.

The United States has said Chinese exports of products like machine tools and microelectronics are enabling Russia to bolster the defense industrial base powering its war in Ukraine, and official data show hefty increases of related goods that are consistent with those claims.
    China has repeatedly defended its trade with Russia as part of normal bilateral relations. It also says it maintains a neutral position on the war and plays no other role than seeking peace.
    Here’s how the two sides have upgraded their ties since February 2022.

~~~~~~~~~

(to be continued by your's truly, Dale)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

S-400 battery destroyed like calf-tats remembering he has two dads!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    (continued from above by your old pal Dale)

[[[Sanctions drive economies closer

The European Union, the US and many of its allies and others across the world have imposed a range of sanctions targeting Russian en ies and the flow of goods to and from the warring country. Those have included efforts to limit its revenue from key exports like fuel, as well as its access to technologies and goods with military applications.
    Despite these efforts to isolate Putin’s government and reduce its war coffers, Russia’s economy blew past expectations to grow by 3.6% in 2023, according to data from the International Monetary Fund. That followed a contraction in 2022, according to Russian state media.

The sanctions have caused a sweeping shift in who Russia trades with — and China has emerged as a key economic lifeline, greatly expanding trade ties with its northern neighbor. The two countries last yearracked up $240 billion in bilateral trade, hitting a target to exceed $200 billion in two-way trade by 2024 ahead of schedule — a feat lauded by both Putin and Xi.
    That’s driven China to rank as Russia’s top trade partner, Putin declared last year, with his presidential aide later confirming to Russian state media that the country had surpassed the EU to take that spot.
    As the EU slashed purchases of Russian fuel and limited exports ranging from high-tech goods to transportation equipment, China bolstered its own exports of industrial and commercial goods to the country, such as vehicles, machinery and home appliances, data and official statements show.
    Russia has also become China’s main oil supplier, overtaking Saudi Arabia, according to official Chinese trade data. China, however, is not alone in taking advantage of Russia’s need to find new markets for its fuel, with India also among buyers upping imports in the wake of the war.]]]

(you know the drill, children; To be continued by your old dad, Dale)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

What happened to the dozens we already gave him?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Did they ever have their election?

Democracy indeed. He's as crooked as the President here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sri Lanka to send delegation to Russia to help repatriate men duped into Ukraine fighting

Sri Lanka will dispatch a high-level delegation to Russia to investigate the fate of hundreds of nationals reportedly fighting in the war in Ukraine, a top official said on Thursday.
    Social media campaigns via WhatsApp have targeted ex-military personnel with promises of lucrative salaries and promises of citizenship, the Defence Ministry has said, warning its nationals not to be duped.
    The messages, sent by Sri Lankan nationals, provide a number to agents, who then arrange the do entation and the flights.
    The campaigns have proved appealing as Sri Lanka struggles to emerge from its worst financial crisis in more than seven decades, which has doubled poverty rates from pre-pandemic levels and pushed hundreds of people to migrate.
    Earlier this month, Sri Lankan authorities launched investigations into reports of its citizens, mostly with military training, being trafficked to fight in the war in Ukraine, said State Minister for Foreign Affairs Tharaka Balasuriya.

https://www.reuters.com/world/sri-la...ng-2024-05-16/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ukraine!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Amen & hallelujah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Daddy, how do you know when you are approaching the Find Out phase of the Around Find Out Lifecycle?"

"Here son. Read this..."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's exactly what you'd expect him to say. He takes the blame for nothing. It's always everyone else's fault.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's exactly what you'd expect him to say. He takes the blame for nothing. It's always everyone else's fault.
    Whose fault is it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whose fault is it?
    First and foremost, it's Russia's fault. But it's also Ukraine's fault for not be substantially more prepared for a major conflict, and if they had been they might have deterred Putin from launching one. At the end of the day, Putin did it because he thought he could win easily and he would have been right if not for the historic amount of aid given to Ukraine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crazy times

Lord Xi making love to Putin in public. After Us and Biden say Putin is a murderer, dictator and genocidal maniac that wants to take over Europe

Just days after Blinkers went to China to tell them to stop dealing with Russia

Huge.

Some big changes are coming up. Quick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First and foremost, it's Russia's fault. But it's also Ukraine's fault for not be substantially more prepared for a major conflict, and if they had been they might have deterred Putin from launching one. At the end of the day, Putin did it because he thought he could win easily and he would have been right if not for the historic amount of aid given to Ukraine.
    Umm a weaker country should always negotiate with a stronger opponent that's willing to negotiate. Always.

The fact they didn't do it is the cause of all the deaths and destruction so far

Ce la vi

And their continued non negotiations (remember Kokamedian made it a law to never negotiate with Russia) will result in losing at least 1/3 of their country.

Play Stupid Games

Win Stupid Prizes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One man.
    Putin.

Historic amounts were given during the WWs when countries sent their own men AND much much more money by %s.
    “Historic amounts” is very disingenuous. Substantially more prepared? We had an entire political party convinced they would not invade. The idiot poster, hater, you give props to, said they would not invade. And preparing had to require OUR and EU help. These countries were already fighting.

Russia totally got a face smack when they invaded giving the West faith in Ukraine’s capabilities which are still enormous. This is why it continues. It will stop when Putin feels he is on the run. Not while he is moving forward. I do feel bad the US completely dropped the ball on the timing of arms. It’s has and is going to get more people on both sides, killed. The German response has also been severely lacking.

It must have been shocking for you, as well as Biden, when Zelensky said he would stay and die rather than get a ride out. He is lucky he is not dead yet.
    Last edited by pgardn; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm a weaker country should always negotiate with a stronger opponent that's willing to negotiate. Always.

The fact they didn't do it is the cause of all the deaths and destruction so far

Ce la vi

And their continued non negotiations (remember Kokamedian made it a law to never negotiate with Russia) will result in losing at least 1/3 of their country.

Play Stupid Games

Win Stupid Prizes
    Russia is NOT willing to negotiate bird brain. Never has been. And are still not.
    Like Afghanistan, Britain, Vietnam…and so many more. Just surrender.

Why are you such an idiot?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Ce la vi

Play Stupid Games

Win Stupid Prizes
    Whatever it takes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Russia is NOT willing to negotiate bird brain. Never has been. And are still not.
    Like Afghanistan, Britain, Vietnam…and so many more. Just surrender.

Why are you such an idiot?
    Boiled down, peeg...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One man.
    Putin.

Historic amounts were given during the WWs when countries sent their own men AND much much more money by %s.
    “Historic amounts” is very disingenuous. Substantially more prepared? We had an entire political party convinced they would not invade. The idiot poster, hater, you give props to, said they would not invade. And preparing had to require OUR and EU help. These countries were already fighting.

Russia totally got a face smack when they invaded giving the West faith in Ukraine’s capabilities which are still enormous. This is why it continues. It will stop when Putin feels he is on the run. Not while he is moving forward. I do feel bad the US completely dropped the ball on the timing of arms. It’s has and is going to get more people on both sides, killed. The German response has also been severely lacking.

It must have been shocking for you, as well as Biden, when Zelensky said he would stay and die rather than get a ride out. He is lucky he is not dead yet.
    ...whatever it takes, peeg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://mstdn.social/@noelreports/112455782919483383

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

https://mstdn.social/@noelreports/112455782919483383
    Mornin', v. Been waitin' on ya, son...

(continued from above, by your's truly...)

[[[Governments warn against support for Russia’s war effort

The wartime surge in trade, and growing purchases of oil, have sparked criticism in the West that China was helping to fund Russia’s war.
    Western governments and independent analysts also raised alarm that dual-use goods with potential military applications are part of these surging imports.
    White House officials in recent weeks have confronted China on what they believe is Beijing’s substantial support for Russia’s defense industrial base, including through exports like semiconductors, materials and machine tools they say are enabling Russia to ramp up production of tanks, munitions and armored vehicles.

In a visit to Beijing late last month, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken warned Chinese leaders that the US and other countries would act if Beijing didn’t move to stem this flow.
    French President Emmanuel Macron and his European Commission counterpart Ursula von der Leyen alsopressed Xi on such supplies during the leader’s state visit to France last week, with Von der Leyen sayingafter the meeting that “more effort is needed to curtail delivery of dual-use goods to Russia that find their way to the battlefield.”
    Beijing has previously slammed the US as making “groundless accusations” over “normal trade and economic exchanges” between China and Russia. But analysts have pointed to nascent, potential signs that China may be seeking to dial down such imports — with China’s monthly exports to Russia declining in both March and April compared with the same periods in 2023, according to official Chinese customs data.]]]

(to be continued, by your's truly, Dale)

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First and foremost, it's Russia's fault. But it's also Ukraine's fault for not be substantially more prepared for a major conflict, and if they had been they might have deterred Putin from launching one.
    your ignorance is stunning

Thanks for proving you really don't know anything about what has happened in Ukraine since losing Crimea.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ce la vi

Play Stupid Games

Win Stupid Prizes
    Putin never sticks to any agreement. He's completely dishonest like you.

Thread Information