Page 297 of 365 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 9124
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might get buried quickly in this thread, but . . .

Givony: "Several teams are flagging the Spurs at 8 as a real landing potential spot for Salaun."

2024 NBA draft combine: Top prospects, highlights, more - ESPN
    Most likely Topic and Salaun like I've said all along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I want: Reed Sheppard and Dalton Knecht.

What they'll probably do: Topic and Salaun. Keep Topic on the bench for a year to "heal" his knee and "develop" Salaun.

Basically, tank again for 2025.
    Even if they do surgery on Topic, it’s an MCL not an ACL, so 3-6 months.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if they do surgery on Topic, it’s an MCL not an ACL, so 3-6 months.
    Nice

How strong is that knee going to be for a player who's offense is the need to beat his man to the basket for layups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely Topic and Salaun like I've said all along.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isiah Thomas was a very good defender. He was definitely thicker than Dillingham (but then again so is my thigh). Both were clutch players that would/will take the shot at the end of the game. I don't think Dilly has the ceiling Thomas did however.
    Isaiah Thomas <> Isiah Thomas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s be fair. Compare freshman versus freshman stats not freshman vs senior stats.
    That's ridiculous. College basketball was a completely different sport back then. Freshmen didn't get minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh I had it with our guys not making shots. Reed knocks down 52% from 3pt. I’m sure that goes down. But he’s also 85% in FT and 55% in FG. Either Reed or Risacher at 4, then draft the other position at 8.

Salaun also intrigues me 6’10 and 212 lbs and only 18 yrs old. This kid is already built
    I understand the allure of giving Victor a great shooter. I honestly thought he and Dougie were going to make noise running a 2 man game, but they traded him before Victor got settled in.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic- 4
    Salaun-8

I can see the Spurs doing this. Being conservative as they are they won't take the chance that Topic falls to 8.
    why would you want injured trash who cant shoot at 4 when you can have Castle who can do it all.

Castle and Salaun would be great
    Last edited by SpursGenius; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    before you write off Salaun you have to realize he might just be the next Ousmane Dieng
    I assume you're making a joke but if you mean that a team might fall in love with him so much that they trade a lot of assets to acquire him, that could happen. Like maybe Utah or Portland want to move up from 10 or 14 badly enough to toss in an extra first, and the Spurs can get low enough to pick on the of the less hyped but still solid guys or catch a faller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or trading 8 and 35 for 17 (if the Pelicans take the pick this year) and 21 could make sense regardless of Salaun. There are a lot of guys in that range who could make sense, and the Spurs do have room for two of them if need be. Bassey, Champ, Branham and Wesley aren't safe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a huge fan of Salaün but he could make a lot of sense fit-wise.

Spurs mostly need a PG and a SF this summer but they don't have only the draft to get them. They could add one with the #4 pick and the other through a trade or a FA signing. In that case, spending #8 on a PF would be the best option fit-wise.

PF might be the weakest position in this draft. There are only 2 primary PFs projected to be drafted in the first round with Salaün and Filipowski. Salaün, an athletic player with a great motor and who can shoot 3's, has the best profile of the two to play alongside Wembanyama.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or trading 8 and 35 for 17 (if the Pelicans take the pick this year) and 21 could make sense regardless of Salaun. There are a lot of guys in that range who could make sense, and the Spurs do have room for two of them if need be. Bassey, Champ, Branham and Wesley aren't safe.
    We can free up plenty of roster spots. I’d be ok with 17 and 21 for Edey and Carringtob.

I’m thinking top 4 of Reed, Risacher, Castle, Topic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can free up plenty of roster spots. I’d be ok with 17 and 21 for Edey and Carringtob.

I’m thinking top 4 of Reed, Risacher, Castle, Topic.

I would Love Castle, Saluan, Carrington i that scenerio

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans are taking their pick next year. Lakers can lick LBJ’s nuts and draft Bronny in the 1st round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Salaun the actual friend of Wemby personally whereas Risa was just someone he knew or was that the other way around lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would Love Castle, Saluan, Carrington i that scenerio
    I'd.... I'd do that I think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans are taking their pick next year. Lakers can lick LBJ’s nuts and draft Bronny in the 1st round.
    They haven't actually made that decision yet and won't until 06/01. But yes, they should defer it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume you're making a joke but if you mean that a team might fall in love with him so much that they trade a lot of assets to acquire him, that could happen. Like maybe Utah or Portland want to move up from 10 or 14 badly enough to toss in an extra first, and the Spurs can get low enough to pick on the of the less hyped but still solid guys or catch a faller.
    Or Chicago/Charlotte want to move up from 11/6 you could renegotiate the protections on their respective 25 picks. As long as there's not an obvious prospect the Spurs pass up on, I'm cool with that, I like several prospects available later on (Devin Carter, Jared McCain, Jaylon Tyson, Ajay Mitc ) enough that I might do this if the assets attached are good enough.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I really like about Salaun is he should be able to play up at the 4 some and our PF depth sucks and none of our other wings really can play up. I mean Keldon was tried, Champ is 6'7 but I feel like he stays SF. Wonder if Risacher will be forced up to PF if SA drafts him.
    could be a reason for drafting Buzelis though. I know, he is seen as a long wing and he is pretty thin, but he should be able to put on some 20lbs over the next two years. If it took Salaun at least two years till he learned to play, you might rather give Buzelis that time to develop his body. So if Spurs are thinking about a future 4, he should be as well an option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could be a reason for drafting Buzelis though. I know, he is seen as a long wing and he is pretty thin, but he should be able to put on some 20lbs over the next two years. If it took Salaun at least two years till he learned to play, you might rather give Buzelis that time to develop his body. So if Spurs are thinking about a future 4, he should be as well an option.
    Agree with the 6'10 wingspan and a combine measurement of 6'8.75 without shoes Matas Buzelis is firmly in the range to play some PF. Only prob is the 197 lbs, he is lanky. But you can add bulk no problem and Matas seems like he has a fierce work ethic for that. Salaun def is a bit more explosive and the frame is a bit more exaggerated to better slot there though it seems.

Still say Risacher looks super lengthy and tankish enough to give some mins at PF. His savvy cuts to the basket would be money with his finishes at the rim. Plus with his credible shooting range, playing Risacher at PF may pull bigs out and provide some spacing. Even just situational it would be a boon for SA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I want: Reed Sheppard and Dalton Knecht.

What they'll probably do: Topic and Salaun. Keep Topic on the bench for a year to "heal" his knee and "develop" Salaun.

Basically, tank again for 2025.
    Pop mentioned a couple times toward the end of RS that the team badly needed shooting.

At least one of the picks has to be one imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Salaun the actual friend of Wemby personally whereas Risa was just someone he knew or was that the other way around lol
    Victor's sister played (or still does) with Salaun's

Victor and ZR played together with ASVEL (TP's team) U21

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salaun is not my first choice at 8 but i think people are underestimating the level of French League even more for an 18 years old player. For all the comparaison, he is different than doumbouya( who was way better but did not pan out for a lot of reasons), dieng or other French man. After that i don’t know How he will develop, he has all the tools to be a good stretch four imo.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More I look at it more I think Risacher falls to SA at #4. Almost cheeky little order it goes in for 1-3, like Adam Silver is funneling the dual Frenchman storyline to the Spurs.

ATL - You got Johnson and Bey there at the 3/4 and yeah upgrading a mistake in Hunter would be nice but not with a #1 pick. Meanwhile you got Capela with one season left, 22MM next season to train Sarr and then Capela is off the books and the Sarr era begins as a Cap replacement seamlessly.

WSH - You NEED Clingan. wtf is this Bagley no way they trot out Bagley/Holmes at C but I guess Clingan is hard to take at #2 which is why you should try a roll on Dilly here to pair with Poole. Dilly/Poole would at least drop some excitement into the guard corps and replace Jones if you want to move on there. If not Clingan or Dilly maybe you like Castle or want to try a rehab gamble on Topic. All before you add Risacher to Deni/Bilal/Kis/Kuze.

HOU - Sheppard fits so perfectly or maybe Clingan since Adams is out and you have nothing behind Sen but Jock. No way you add a forward to Dillon/Cam/JSJ/Tari

Not saying it's impossible but the disjointed fits on the first three teams to select makes me wonder if a tumble down might happen as others have also pointed out.
    Last edited by heyheymymy; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:33 AM. Reason: typos

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree With you mostly, barring some trades Risacher floor is spurs or detroit at 5. For us, will depends at how the spurs value all the guards of this draft.

Thread Information