Page 277 of 349 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 8702
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Carter with some great numbers in the combine. Some of the best. I can see those numbers helping people believe in him more. Just saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham was asked about the Spurs. (3:11)

Nothing much I guess. Seems like a good kid, I could see why the Spurs would draft him just by his personality I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How hard is it to get Wemby the ball!!! Yes, Dillingham may turn out to be our future Trae Young, but do we really want a Trae Young molded player. Is the offense worth the sacrifice of the defense?

CASTLE AT #4

Risacher, Dillingham(or Sheppard), Holland, Buzelis, Knecht, Williams at #8 in that order. GSG!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Castle thinks he’s a 1, then this is a no brainer. Either Reed or Castle with the 4th pick and I’m a happy camper.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle (4th), Vassell, Holland (8th), Sochan and Wemby should be smothering defense.
    75 points per 100 possessions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With almost zero shooting . This lineup would be horrendous offensively. Don't think we take both Castle and Holland. Just guessing here, but unless a second wing is clearly BPA, I think PATFO take one wing and one guard (assuming we keep both picks).
    Those might still be very good picks, even though I don't think folks should project either as a starter next season. It would be hard for Castle to start next season given his rawness and limitations. Jones may be better as a backup, but he's still a real barrier. He should have every opportunity to defend his starting spot from any rookie and almost all free agents. I've talked about why I want the Spurs to have a veteran wing, but even if they don't get one, I don't think Holland would start over Champ. He has a lot to learn, and the freedom of the bench seems like the better unit to explore that. Later in the year, he might get that nod, just as Kawhi got his after the deadline in 2012.

There are players in this draft that I could see being starters from day one, but the Spurs need to avoid behaving like temporarily embarrassed contenders.They need to draft like the rebuilding team they are and not worry about fit or filling needs. That's stuff they can handle in free agency and trade. But they still lack talent in their pipeline. Guys like Branham, Wesley and the rest should be at risk of getting flushed.
    Last edited by Chinook; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:03 PM.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Carter with some great numbers in the combine. Some of the best. I can see those numbers helping people believe in him more. Just saying.
    Based on combine numbers, he's the best athlete in the draft and shot the ball well too. The problem is he's an undersized SG since he's just an okay passer and can't self create. The combine performance is great to see and definitely helped solidify him in the first, but I don't think it changed how teams see him fitting in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Washington takes Castle at #2. I don’t think they move off of Gafford to grab another big so soon.
    Clingan is not the same player obviously, but the money he would earn across his rookie deal is not to dissimilar to what Gafford
    was locked in for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Washington takes Castle at #2. I don’t think they move off of Gafford to grab another big so soon.
    Clingan is not the same player obviously, but the money he would earn across his rookie deal is not to dissimilar to what Gafford
    was locked in for.
    What an awful scenario if Castle goes 2 and Reed goes 3. Lawd help us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not terrible, it means we can choose any wing we want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not terrible, it means we can choose any wing we want.
    And a real possibility Dilly falls to 8 considering teams at 5-7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people want Castle at point? Even if he can shoot the 3, he's still not a pull up threat, can't bend the defense and we'd have to settle for outside shots. We need somebody who can get in the lane and get the other guys easy buckets. Our team is as bad on offense as it is on defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like both guys, but I dont think it's awful... Buzelis would be there at 4 and so would Risacher (who i know you dont like). It would probably push 2 or 3 of Risacher, Dilly, Williams, Knecht and Holland to 8. I'd be very happy with Buzelis and any one of those other guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people want Castle at point? Even if he can shoot the 3, he's still not a pull up threat, can't bend the defense and we'd have to settle for outside shots. We need somebody who can get in the lane and get the other guys easy buckets. Our team is as bad on offense as it is on defense.
    Because people are enamored with the defensive potential. Problem is they forget how offensively inept our team is

Id much rather take a chance on a high ceiling offensive player. We need scoring desperately on this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems more of a dream scenario

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on combine numbers, he's the best athlete in the draft and shot the ball well too. The problem is he's an undersized SG since he's just an okay passer and can't self create. The combine performance is great to see and definitely helped solidify him in the first, but I don't think it changed how teams see him fitting in the league.
    Carter is more like a combo guard than a shooting guard. Despite being undersized, he posted elite rebounding and stock stats, and is also an elite POA defender. For anyone who thinks he can't self-create, just check out his game against UConn against defensive attention from Castle and Kling Kong, where Carter had to shoulder most of the offensive burden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those might still be very good picks, even though I don't think folks should project either as a starter next season. It would be hard for Castle to start next season given his rawness and limitations. Jones may be better as a backup, but he's still a real barrier. He should have every opportunity to defend his starting spot from any rookie and almost all free agents. I've talked about why I want the Spurs to have a veteran wing, but even if they don't get one, I don't think Holland would start over Champ. He has a lot to learn, and the freedom of the bench seems like the better unit to explore that. Later in the year, he might get that nod, just as Kawhi got his after the deadline in 2012.

There are players in this draft that I could see being starters from day one, but the Spurs need to avoid behaving like temporarily embarrassed contender. They need to drat like the rebuilding team they are and not worry about fit or filling needs. That's stuff they can handle in free agency and trade. But they still lack talent in their pipeline. Guys like Branham, Wesley and the rest should be at risk of getting flushed.
    Other then Clingan, Knicht, Eddy, I don’t see any player getting starting minutes on a good team. I thinks it’s a fool’s errand to try and get players who can start vs picking the most talented Player on your big board. This team is severely lacking and talent so in first round go for talent and in second round you can go for fit or just select the best international Player for a one or two year stash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington would be a terrific trade partner if Spurs are in love with a prospect and felt that they wouldn’t be there at #4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take him at 35

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a more in depth scouting video of Dillingham. I remain high on this kid. Offensively he's all you would want from your PG and he has some potential to not be a complete liability on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you think he will somehow become faster?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the buzelis, knecht current draft stock, i don't think there's any chance we pick them and to me they have the highest bust potential. In fact i wouldn't be surprised buzelis falls out of the top 20 if he doesn't convince teams. He has, to me, the most mercurial stock of anybody as his measurables are deceptive dog . Given that, and given the drafting style of the three teams above us, I sense there is a chance one of sarr and risachet falls to us at number 4. Not sold on either but if it happens, we better pounce. Castle seems a bit of a mistery to me, not sure he'd be any better than Wesley as a prospect and I don't like picking a pg in this draft anyway. Also wtf is up with those Edey numbers, they are impossible to pass outside the lottery.
    Edey is likely going to be the ROTY. Plays intense with a chip on his shoulder. Problem is, the Rockets may pick him first. They already own Wemby with Sengun's and Brooks' bulk and bully ball. Edey will only improve on their dominance for the next few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then the Spurs could take their pick from Risacher / Buzelis / Holland at 4, and Dillingham / Topic at 8. Or, if they ABSOLUTELY love Castle, they have more than enough to move up and get him if they feel he'll be gone by 4.

Thread Information