Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's hysterical here about a kid who has yet to play one NBA game and might not even be as starter in this league, making those kind of comparison with a 3 time all star and an HOFer?

And the way you guys compare college games/stats with NBA game/stats, to say Dilly is this, Dilly is that, or better than Trae at this or that is honestly... hysterical. That's the whole thing about prospects. you can't make those kind of definitive assertions. We know what NBA player Trae is, we don't know what NBA player Dillignham will be. There are things some guys can do in college, they can't in HS. Adam Morrison would be an HOFer otherwise.

And if Dilly was honestly close to how he's described by some here, he'd be a surefire #1. It seems some people are projecting in him everything they' like him to be.
    Dillingham would be sure-fire #1... if he was a few inches taller. He's legit the most talented player in the draft.

What you Trae riders need to realize is that he's NOT a good shooter. He's never been a good shooter. His value is in drawing fouls and getting assists. He's very, very good at those things. But as a shooter, he's average at best. What he DOES do is shoot a lot of them, which is a value unto itself. A volume scorer can get really hot.

Now, what you have to understand is that Dillingham IS a much better shooter than Trae Young. Young shot .360 from deep in his college year. Dillingham shot .444. For all the attention Sheppard gets for his shooting, and rightfully so, Dillingham's shooting percentage is pretty absurd.

Dillingham shot .475 overall in college, which is very good, esp considering that his finishing is only alright.

Now, Trae Young shoots .353 from three for his career in the NBA. The league average for PG and SG is .371!!! Trae Young is actually kind of a terrible shooter for someone who puts them up so much!

Even if Dillingham only shoots like .400 from deep in the NBA, he's still much more of a capable shooter.

One thing people need to do in this world is break out of conceived narratives. One such example is this one. I don't think Dillingham will be a star, but we don't know yet. What seems pretty objectively clear, if you wipe away the Vaseline from the lens, is that Trae Young kind of ing sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way, Patty's handles were nowhere near as good.
    Dillingham is a Lou/Clarkson type player.

I'd say that Sheppard looks like Patty on offense if we talk shooting and the type of shots he takes.
    Sure - im just saying in terms of ceiling/floor. Not direct comparison to their games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you Trae riders need to realize is that he's NOT a good shooter. He's never been a good shooter. His value is in drawing fouls and getting assists. He's very, very good at those things. But as a shooter, he's average at best. What he DOES do is shoot a lot of them, which is a value unto itself. A volume scorer can get really hot.
    Your takes are sometimes just straight up idiotic, no other (less insulting) word for it.
    There aren't even 5 players in the league who would have better 3pt percentage than Trae if they took the same shots he does.
    He's a great shooter.

The issue is that he takes bad shots. Some of it is obviously on him and his shot selection, but a lot of it is on the fact that except Bogdan and now DJ, he never had teammates who could create for themselves.
    The entire focus of every Hawks opponent ever was Trae. They knew noone else is capable of beating them if Trae has to give the ball up.
    They wouldn't be able to do that with Wemby. Because Wemby has to be the entire focus of the defense if they're to stop him.

I'm not the biggest fan of Trae, but getting him makes sense in a lot of ways.
    Not perfect, far from it, but you can forget about getting a legit superstar unless we give up more or less everything and are stuck with Wemby, the player we traded for and scrubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not letting open gym shooting exhibitions sway my judgment compared to what we've seen in-game.

last time i put up my board, i think i had Castle around 9, so he'd be a viable candidate at #8 if he makes it there. i just wish we saw more of him running sets as a lead ballhandler, or at the very least, more aggressive, physical forays into the lane. if he's just kind of floating around with the ball in his hands and making the right pass, thats not all that exciting for a guy who isnt a shooter and not a top 10%ile athlete

but the defense and bbiq is there, so you could do worse. im not sure he's big/long enough to contend with the good scoring 3's in the league, so imo the path to his ceiling lies with him being a jumbo PG. but without a great and without a great outside shot, the path there seems thin

but putting ceilings aside, a high end hustle defender who can at least be a cog offensively has value

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ryen Russillo on the Bill Simmons podcast said that the #1 pick in this draft could at best net a 4th starter for some team in a straight up trade (based on what he's heard from front office sources).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait what

I thought the lottery would be before game 1 of the Finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with rolling the dice on Dillingham before doing a Trae Young trade. The guy might be a 20 PPG scorer down the line. He does shoot high percentages, even off the dribble and can also be a catch & shoot player. He's very good at relocating once he gives the ball up. Getting to the rim shouldn't be a problem neither since he has elite handles. The question mark is obviously defense and finishing at the rim. Dillingham only shot 53% at the rim in college and that's against much smaller players than he will face in the NBA. Adding some muscle in the weight room might improve that. If we have our PG of the future in him, we gonna be stacked moving forward with all those picks that we still got coming up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait what

I thought the lottery would be before game 1 of the Finals
    it was. game 1 of the finals wont be until june 6. the lottery was on may 12

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ryen Russillo on the Bill Simmons podcast said that the #1 pick in this draft could at best net a 4th starter for some team in a straight up trade (based on what he's heard from front office sources).
    Just trade Sochan to the Hawks for #1 then!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your takes are sometimes just straight up idiotic, no other (less insulting) word for it.
    There aren't even 5 players in the league who would have better 3pt percentage than Trae if they took the same shots he does.
    He's a great shooter.

The issue is that he takes bad shots. Some of it is obviously on him and his shot selection, but a lot of it is on the fact that except Bogdan and now DJ, he never had teammates who could create for themselves.
    The entire focus of every Hawks opponent ever was Trae. They knew noone else is capable of beating them if Trae has to give the ball up.
    They wouldn't be able to do that with Wemby. Because Wemby has to be the entire focus of the defense if they're to stop him.

I'm not the biggest fan of Trae, but getting him makes sense in a lot of ways.
    Not perfect, far from it, but you can forget about getting a legit superstar unless we give up more or less everything and are stuck with Wemby, the player we traded for and scrubs.
    With all due respect, nobody is forcing Trae Young to take bad shots. Nobody is forcing him to make the game more difficult for himself. Just like nobody is forcing him to give crap effort on defense.

He's had two years with DJM and 4 with Bogdanovich and they are persistently a .500 team. With him playing. With him out injured. With different teammates. With different coaches. It doesn't matter. He puts up the same inefficient numbers no matter what. He's the constant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham weighed in at 164 lbs, or 11 lbs lighter than his previously listed weight of 175. To put that in perspective, that's 21 lbs lighter than Tony Parker, who is considered a smallish PG, and about 30 lbs lighter than Jalen Brunson, who might be the best undersized guy in the league right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we need a PG but I think that all the pgs in this draft are flawed in 1 way or another, and could take a few years of development to become something. Would it be maybe be better to draft for a different position and look to make a trade for a PG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah ok
    I'm still celebrating the draft lottery from last year

Rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with rolling the dice on Dillingham before doing a Trae Young trade. The guy might be a 20 PPG scorer down the line. He does shoot high percentages, even off the dribble and can also be a catch & shoot player. He's very good at relocating once he gives the ball up. Getting to the rim shouldn't be a problem neither since he has elite handles. The question mark is obviously defense and finishing at the rim. Dillingham only shot 53% at the rim in college and that's against much smaller players than he will face in the NBA. Adding some muscle in the weight room might improve that. If we have our PG of the future in him, we gonna be stacked moving forward with all those picks that we still got coming up.
    From all of the tape that I have seen on him I really like him and I think he might be one of the most talented players in this draft but I am concerned about his hight and light frame working for him at the NBA level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it all depends if we are looking for a good roll player or striking it rich with an nba Allstar talent in this draft

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah ok

Rockets
    in before djohn telling us that he rather have Sengun

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham weighed in at 164 lbs, or 11 lbs lighter than his previously listed weight of 175. To put that in perspective, that's 21 lbs lighter than Tony Parker, who is considered a smallish PG, and about 30 lbs lighter than Jalen Brunson, who might be the best undersized guy in the league right now.
    Supposedly Tony was 172 lb before the draft

http://www.ibiblio.org/craig/draft/2...s/parker.shtml
    https://www.nbadraft.net/players/tony-parker/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in before djohn telling us that he rather have Sengun

Sengun, Penguin, doesn"t matter, we have a generational talent and 5 > 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, that's not the argument, it's the fact that getting Trae Young costs a of a lot more both in terms of assets (multiple picks spanning multiple years) plus a hefty salary that even requires a big extension (you're not going to pay a lot to then let him walk), and under those cir stances and given Trae's known limitations and history, a bunch of us would rather gamble on Dillingham or wait for other opportunities. It isn't rocket science, it's isn;t hard to understand it whether you agree or not, provided you're arguing in good faith.
    That might be your argument, and it's a valid one, but it's not the argument others are making, as seen in subsequent posts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham is only slight larger than Caitlyn Clark, who people say wouldn't be able to play with men because she'd get bullied around the court too easily. Just for some perspective

(Dilly still #3 on my board, and I'd take Clark in a heartbeat if the rules allowed)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a pretty bleak podcast. He had heard from 8 teams, and one said the draft starts with the first 8 picks amputated, and one said the first 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a pretty bleak podcast. He had heard from 8 teams, and one said the draft starts with the first 8 picks amputated, and one said the first 10.
    On the bright side, there are plenty of great players in the league who these same NBA front offices overlooked and let slide to the late first/early second. In other words... these front offices kind of suck sometimes too! I'm holding out hope that we get some useful gems here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the bright side, there are plenty of great players in the league who these same NBA front offices overlooked and let slide to the late first/early second. In other words... these front offices kind of suck sometimes too! I'm holding out hope that we get some useful gems here.
    And this is why I preferred to reroll the dice on the Raps pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah ok

Rockets

Thread Information