Page 276 of 347 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 8656
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That seems like an underwhelming wingspan for someone 6'5"?
    yeah, i was hoping for a little more than that. it might have been what sold me on rooting for the spurs to grab castle at # 4 if he's there. i'm still leaning towards him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't exactly what they are saying. They are saying he doesn't currently require surgery. What a weird way to say it.....

Putting pieces together, I'm almost sure Topic's knee is ed and will need surgery to be fixed. The question is do you pick him at #8 if he needs a surgery followed by, let's say, 3 to 6 months of rehab ?
    I dont even want him if he were healthy so no from me lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post11063634

Except, as I detailed a few pages ago (as you can see above with actual stats) Hollinger supposed references and stats, his whole argumentation lie on to explain Risacher isn't in the Fournier/Batum's tier, because the last two they dominated more in their pre-draft season, are just plain wrong. That's not the reality. He has no idea what he' talking about and didn't check the stats himself, probably asking some (bad) assistant to make the job for him.

Risacher was statiscally and overall arguably better than Batum in euro compe ion he reached the finals (harder Euroleague for Batum tho) shooting notably 56% on 3 vs 29% on 3 for Batum (whose team went 2-12). And they have somehow similar stats in the french league (where nor Batum or Fournier were really "dominating" (which is honestly something weird to say for kids posting a dozen points with a few rbs and passes like they all did).

Fournier never even played euro compe ions or made the french league
    POs, stat padding for his 14pt/game on a crappy team (9-21), shooting terrible percentage on 3 (27%) and overall (45%).

Weird take by Hollinger. NBA teams still trust this guy?

i always hated hollinger's PER. it was the same metric that made bruce bowen out to be worthless.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that settles it, Castle at #4!
    6'7 in shoes with a 6'9 wingspan is niceee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think it’s lack of ability, but as a freshman, even as the#12 national recruit, he probably wanted to fit into the team, which had just won the le. Successful winning programs don’t necessarily cater to their one and dones. Just looking a the team stats,I get the feeling that Hurley doesn’t play Freshman a lot. Castle played 27 minutes, but after that it was two guys at 11,9,and two guys who barely saw the floor.

I think the UConn experience is really going to help his NBA development. So many guys come into the league not even knowing how to set a basic pick, or use one as a ball handler. He already has massive experience doing both. I think it also says a lot about him that he picked a winning program with a tough coach over someplace like UK, where coaches kind of let guys do what they want to a certain degree.
    Like I said; I like Castle. My observation was just my biggest question on him. Answering that question I think is key to where you draft him or if you want to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post11063634

Except, as I detailed a few pages ago (as you can see above with actual stats) Hollinger supposed references and stats, his whole argumentation lie on to explain Risacher isn't in the Fournier/Batum's tier, because the last two they dominated more in their pre-draft season, are just plain wrong. That's not the reality. He has no idea what he' talking about and didn't check the stats himself, probably asking some (bad) assistant to make the job for him.

Risacher was statiscally and overall arguably better than Batum in euro compe ion he reached the finals (harder Euroleague for Batum tho) shooting notably 56% on 3 vs 29% on 3 for Batum (whose team went 2-12). And they have somehow similar stats in the french league (where nor Batum or Fournier were really "dominating" (which is honestly something weird to say for kids posting a dozen points with a few rbs and passes like they all did).

Fournier never even played euro compe ions or made the french league
    POs, stat padding for his 14pt/game on a crappy team (9-21), shooting terrible percentage on 3 (27%) and overall (45%).

Weird take by Hollinger. NBA teams still trust this guy?
    Hollinger's take doesn't have any impact on my personal rankings though. Still have Risacher at the top of Tier II.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a plus 4.5, which is not elite, but it’s above average in the ‘length’ department.
    Eh. It's 3.5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are correct. My calculator broke for a minute.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooting issues aside, can Castle even be a full-time point guard in the NBA?
    We need someone to run the team, no more experimenting with players who aren't actually point guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need someone to run the team, no more experimenting with players who aren't actually point guards.
    I'm gearing up for Point Barlow to start the season, personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The data is back on the NBA's official combine website after pulling it due to the Castle mix-up: https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...onYear=2024-25. Two players that jumped out are Knecht with some really good athletic measurements (2nd in lane agility, 12th in max vert, 12th in 3/4 sprint) and Karaban shooting absolutely lights out on movement 3s (90% off the dribble, 84% on the move). Knecht at 8 wouldn't upset me depending on who's left, and Karaban could be a potential replacement for Cedi with a second round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign him to the super max already, my mind is made up.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Knecht but that's a real fluff video. Feels like his agent produced it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign him to the super max already, my mind is made up.
    Castle (4th), Vassell, Holland (8th), Sochan and Wemby should be smothering defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. This team doesn't need a ball dominant point. The issue has always been defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Castle sounds like he’s auditioning as the starting PG for Wemby… hope to be a All-Defensive?. Pop would love this kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the buzelis, knecht current draft stock, i don't think there's any chance we pick them and to me they have the highest bust potential. In fact i wouldn't be surprised buzelis falls out of the top 20 if he doesn't convince teams. He has, to me, the most mercurial stock of anybody as his measurables are deceptive dog . Given that, and given the drafting style of the three teams above us, I sense there is a chance one of sarr and risachet falls to us at number 4. Not sold on either but if it happens, we better pounce. Castle seems a bit of a mistery to me, not sure he'd be any better than Wesley as a prospect and I don't like picking a pg in this draft anyway. Also wtf is up with those Edey numbers, they are impossible to pass outside the lottery.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. This team doesn't need a ball dominant point. The issue has always been defense.
    True, but we need someone to steady the ship when needed and reset everything when sets fail.

Castle sounds like he’s auditioning as the starting PG for Wemby… hope to be a All-Defensive?. Pop would love this kid.
    Tbh, if you ask 20 of these prospects about their preferred destination, I bet that at least 15 would say they'd want to play with Wemby, who wouldn't?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle (4th), Vassell, Holland (8th), Sochan and Wemby should be smothering defense.
    With almost zero shooting . This lineup would be horrendous offensively. Don't think we take both Castle and Holland. Just guessing here, but unless a second wing is clearly BPA, I think PATFO take one wing and one guard (assuming we keep both picks).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but we need someone to steady the ship when needed and reset everything when sets fail.

Tbh, if you ask 20 of these prospects about their preferred destionation, I bet that at least 15 would say they'd want to play with Wemby, who wouldn't?
    Anyone who wants a max contract after his rookie one?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who wants a max contract after his rookie one?
    As I said before, it feels like this new CBA is built for two max contracts per roster.
    Supermax for Wemby and then a regular max for his running mate. With a few more elite players on great deals. Then we fill out the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN injury update (sorry if already posted).

Rob Dillingham, PG, Kentucky: Dillingham, a projected top-five pick who ranks No. 4 in our Top 100, wasn't able to fully participate in the draft combine Monday. He sprained his ankle in a workout two weeks ago, Klutch Sports agent Lucas Newton told ESPN, and is expected to be out for another two to four weeks. Even with a more conservative timetable, Dillingham should have enough days available before the June 26 draft to conduct workouts with teams as needed, though he may not need to do more than a handful given his draft projections. -- Givony

Nikola Topic, PG, Serbia: While players in Chicago were going through shooting drills, NBA executives could be seen nearly simultaneously pulling up their phones and witnessing a scary sight via social media as Topic went down with what appeared to be a serious injury in Game 1 of the Adriatic League finals in Belgrade, Serbia. In early January, Topic suffered a sprained left knee ligament, which cost him nearly 3½ months of action. Monday, he appeared to reinjure the same knee, looking unable to put any weight as he limped off the court in obvious distress. A postgame examination revealed Topic avoided serious injury, sources told ESPN, and will not require surgery. His injury is being described as a left knee sprain. A source told ESPN that Topic "froze up" after feeling pain in his previously injured knee, but recovered quickly in the locker room.

While this injury will keep Topic, who is ranked No. 5 in our Top 100, out of the remainder of the Adriatic League finals, he is still expected to be a full participant in a Global NBA pre-draft camp that the league is organizing in Treviso, Italy, from June 4-6. NBA teams will be taking a close look at the medical examination that will be conducted at this NBA combine equivalent in Treviso, which will be dispersed to teams picking in the top-15 portion of the draft according to new rules that were put in place in the CBA signed in 2023. -- Givony

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on interviews, Ron Holland doesn't seem like Spurs personality to me tbh. I'd bet the Spurs are much more intrigued by Risacher and Buzelis in terms wing players.

Thread Information