Page 275 of 344 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 8593
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't exactly what they are saying. They are saying he doesn't currently require surgery. What a weird way to say it.....

Putting pieces together, I'm almost sure Topic's knee is ed and will need surgery to be fixed. The question is do you pick him at #8 if he needs a surgery followed by, let's say, 3 to 6 months of rehab ?
    Afraid to hurt his draft stock so has to say he doesn't need surgury.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'd like to package both 2nd's and a young player (Wesley? ) to move up to #25. I think there will be a few intriguing guys available there.

It may be to many rookie though..
    Does Wesley even have any value? Or Branham? I don't think so.

Anyhow, if Castle is the #4 pick, then #8 needs to be a wing that can shoot.
    I don't care about Knecht's age. If he's good enough, just get him. Look at Jaquez this season.
    It also helps with Spurs already having too many players to develop.

Castle-Devin-Knecht-PF-Wemby would theoretically be a great fit if that PF is a capable 3-D player.

If it's about Buzelis/Holland/Risacher, then we can't really go for Castle.
    Just go for two wings and get D'Lo in free agency in that case, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Wesley even have any value? Or Branham? I don't think so.

Anyhow, if Castle is the #4 pick, then #8 needs to be a wing that can shoot.
    I don't care about Knecht's age. If he's good enough, just get him. Look at Jaquez this season.
    It also helps with Spurs already having too many players to develop.

Castle-Devin-Knecht-PF-Wemby would theoretically be a great fit if that PF is a capable 3-D player.

If it's about Buzelis/Holland/Risacher, then we can't really go for Castle.
    Just go for two wings and get D'Lo in free agency in that case, tbh.
    They both have value, just not 1st rd value. Their value is 2nd rd or sweetners in trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't exactly what they are saying. They are saying he doesn't currently require surgery. What a weird way to say it.....

Putting pieces together, I'm almost sure Topic's knee is ed and will need surgery to be fixed. The question is do you pick him at #8 if he needs a surgery followed by, let's say, 3 to 6 months of rehab ?
    If you were planning on taking him at 4 because you think he's the best PG available AND you're confident surgery will get him back at 100%, yes, you let him slide a bit and then you take him at 8. Other players that slid because of injuries include Embiid and OG Anunoby. Talent comes first. Whether the Spurs see him that highly I don't know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our problems are PG, forward and shooting. You are propossing to add a SG and center that can't shoot. How in the F does any of these guys solve ANY of our all problems, let alone ALL of them?

Imagine a lineup of Castle, Vassell, Sochan, Wemby and Clingan. Easily the worst lineup in the entire league. The Pistons would beat us by 40. That wouldn't even work in the pre-three point line invention era.
    Castle , Vassell, Sochan , Wemby , Edey lineup would be good in my opinion. I keep telling you guys Edey is more than a big slug! Let’s give it a wait and see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *IF* you believe in your ability to develop shooters... Castle/Holland would be a combo that would immediately change the defensive tone around here. Something to think about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle , Vassell, Sochan , Wemby , Edey lineup would be good in my opinion. I keep telling you guys Edey is more than a big slug! Let’s give it a wait and see.
    I don't see how 3 non-shooters can work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That lineup is UNPLAYABLE in today's NBA, Wemby would be absolutely miserable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They removing the 3pt line? Might be a good lineup then.

If you were planning on taking him at 4 because you think he's the best PG available AND you're confident surgery will get him back at 100%, yes, you let him slide a bit and then you take him at 8. Other players that slid because of injuries include Embiid and OG Anunoby. Talent comes first. Whether the Spurs see him that highly I don't know.
    I don't think there's a chance Pistons, Hornets or Blazers pick an injured point guard with their only pick and Cade, Lamelo, Scoot on their respective rosters.
    That's how you lose your job, even if it's worth the risk.

MPJ was supposed to be the best domestic prospect before all the injuries., dropped all the way to #14 and turned out to be worth it.
    If Spurs are sure of Topic's potential, just take him with #8, but not with #4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how 3 non-shooters can work.
    Plus you're pushing Wemby away from his comfort zone and turning him into his early season self. You don't adjust Wemby's role to fit anybody, you fit everyone else around Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there's a chance Pistons, Hornets or Blazers pick an injured point guard with their only pick and Cade, Lamelo, Scoot on their respective rosters.
    That's how you lose your job, even if it's worth the risk.

MPJ was supposed to be the best domestic prospect before all the injuries., dropped all the way to #14 and turned out to be worth it.
    If Spurs are sure of Topic's potential, just take him with #8, but not with #4.
    That's exactly what I said...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our problems are PG, forward and shooting. You are propossing to add a SG and center that can't shoot. How in the F does any of these guys solve ANY of our all problems, let alone ALL of them?

Imagine a lineup of Castle, Vassell, Sochan, Wemby and Clingan. Easily the worst lineup in the entire league. The Pistons would beat us by 40. That wouldn't even work in the pre-three point line invention era.

First off, in general people are saying we need to pick non shooters and hope they develop a shot, or holding their nose about taking undersized/unathletic shooters or who can't also play D, etc. There are not wart free choices, sorry.

Second, I'll chalk this up to an honest mistake but I said nothing of the sort about Klingon. I don't like his game at all. Edey owns Klingon, and is a highly underrated, can't miss prospect that some high 90% of posters apparently are not smart enough to see sitting right under their noses.

As far as lineups, to indicate one single lineup is foolish. Depending on who we play, we will modify the lineup to take best advantage. That is why you have a ROSTER, not just a team of 5 guys only.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *IF* you believe in your ability to develop shooters... Castle/Holland would be a combo that would immediately change the defensive tone around here. Something to think about.
    Seems like they had a reverse Midas touch with Branham's jumpshot tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you watched ANY UConn film breakdowns? If not, you should probably sit this one out. Their offense is complicated, off ball screens, pin down screens, flare screens, staggered screens, and never less than 2-3 ON EACH POSSESSION. You’ll notice that the player taking the shot rarely has to dribble. Most of the minimal dribbling is into a dribble hand off.

In other words, Pop’s kinda egalitarian offense.

Anyways, the more I read on Castle and his smothering defense, the more I see him as Spurs’ pick, where Spurs have glaring need at point-of-attack defender. But then again, Pop is infatuated with shooters like Reed. I’m not crazy about Spurs drafting two guards because they are too small at PF position. I would’ve like a Risacher, Matas, Cody Williams, Holland…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that's a tough one but there's a strong possibility that topic will be there at 8 now, this is reminiscent of what happened with the nuggets when they decided to take michael porter jr. when he fell to the 14th spot because of his back surgery. (of course, porter was a much more heralded player than topic has ever been).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That perimeter is getting torched by any wing 6'6" or taller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that settles it, Castle at #4!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That seems like an underwhelming wingspan for someone 6'5"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, Pop’s kinda egalitarian offense.

Anyways, the more I read on Castle and his smothering defense, the more I see him as Spurs’ pick, where Spurs have glaring need at point-of-attack defender. But then again, Pop is infatuated with shooters like Reed. I’m not crazy about Spurs drafting two guards because they are too small at PF position. I would’ve like a Risacher, Matas, Cody Williams, Holland…
    Excellent post except for when you leave off saying the Spurs need a PF, then list 4 SFs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's fine, anything much above your height is decent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If number 4 is Buzelis or Castle.

And the Spurs pass on Dillingham.

I'm seeing what the market is for number 8. Like, if Clingan falls. See what the appe e is. (Although I think 5-7 might have the same idea.)

Trading out from that pick and trading up from the 35 may have more ultimate value than taking the 8 outright.
    I would take Edey over Clingan if it came down to it. Heck, at the combine Edey was bigger, jumped higher, was faster in the 3/4 sprint, was faster in the cone shuffle and shot better jump shots. Plus he was the better player head-to-head in the NCAA championship game. UConn was the better team, but Edey was the better center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s plenty of times I saw from what I watched where system broke down at times or where it needed to be 1v1 and he always seemingly shied away. Or even within system he passed on decent looks that others would have fired

The system stuff may explain a lot but not all of what I saw. I understand I may be wrong and it’s non issue; do you give any credence the possibility you’re wrong and it’s not all system but a real lack of confidence and/or ability?
    I don’t think it’s lack of ability, but as a freshman, even as the#12 national recruit, he probably wanted to fit into the team, which had just won the le. Successful winning programs don’t necessarily cater to their one and dones. Just looking a the team stats,I get the feeling that Hurley doesn’t play Freshman a lot. Castle played 27 minutes, but after that it was two guys at 11,9,and two guys who barely saw the floor.

I think the UConn experience is really going to help his NBA development. So many guys come into the league not even knowing how to set a basic pick, or use one as a ball handler. He already has massive experience doing both. I think it also says a lot about him that he picked a winning program with a tough coach over someplace like UK, where coaches kind of let guys do what they want to a certain degree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a plus 4.5, which is not elite, but it’s above average in the ‘length’ department.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite a sobering assessment. I've had Matas and Holland both over him for awhile now, and stand true to that.

One thing about Hollinger's tiers you posted a few posts later... when I look at tiers I generally think "I would draft anyone in this tier, regardless of my needs, before I'd draft anyone in the next tier". With that in mind, my Tier I and II right now is below (this may not be my exact order, but close). Keep in mind, this is with a Spurs-centric lens, so guys like Sarr and Clingan get dinged because we don't need them (though I don't particularly like Sarr anyway).

Tier I:

Matas
    Holland
    Dillinger
    Sheppard
    Castle

Tier II:

Risacher
    Williams
    Sarr
    Klingan
    Knecth
    Carter

I think we have a real opportunity here to end up with two guys from Tier I, which is exciting (and frankly, I believe we have an opportunity to end up with the top two on my board, but I suspect Holland will rise).
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post11063634

Except, as I detailed a few pages ago (as you can see above with actual stats) Hollinger supposed references and stats, his whole argumentation lie on to explain Risacher isn't in the Fournier/Batum's tier, because the last two they dominated more in their pre-draft season, are just plain wrong. That's not the reality. He has no idea what he' talking about and didn't check the stats himself, probably asking some (bad) assistant to make the job for him.

Risacher was statiscally and overall arguably better than Batum in euro compe ion he reached the finals (harder Euroleague for Batum tho) shooting notably 56% on 3 vs 29% on 3 for Batum (whose team went 2-12). And they have somehow similar stats in the french league (where nor Batum or Fournier were really "dominating" (which is honestly something weird to say for kids posting a dozen points with a few rbs and passes like they all did).

Fournier never even played euro compe ions or made the french league
    POs, stat padding for his 14pt/game on a crappy team (9-21), shooting terrible percentage on 3 (27%) and overall (45%).

Weird take by Hollinger. NBA teams still trust this guy?
    Last edited by JPB; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:03 PM.

Thread Information