Page 274 of 344 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,850 of 8596
    Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda funny -- other Spurs boards are 100% in on Risacher and will shout down dissent. This board is so-so on him.
    Other boards are moderated so that every user is basically the same mentally

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2007 called. It wants its team building ideology back.
    This is our chance (Edey) to make other teams adjust to us, not vice versa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is our chance (Edey) to make other teams adjust to us, not vice versa.
    They will adjust to us in that they will let Edey do whatever he wants because they will obliterate him on offense

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think one of Buz or Castle can develop their shot, I'm almost inclined to take those two over the Buz/Dilly tandem. Big if though.
    If I thought Castle could develop a three point shot I'd take him #1 in a second; he'd easily project as an allstar. If the Spurs think they can they have to take him at #4. But it looks like a daunting task. As it stands now there's no way you could play Castle and Sochan together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I thought Castle could develop a three point shot I'd take him #1 in a second; he'd easily project as an allstar. If the Spurs think they can they have to take him at #4. But it looks like a daunting task. As it stands now there's no way you could play Castle and Sochan together.
    Sochan is going to have to fix his shot otherwise he's probably not gonna be on the team in a few years anyway, which solves the problem by itself

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on team Sheppard/Castle. Do it RC
    Unlike the UK guards and Topic who are seen as potential PGs prospects, Castle is a little different and I think they would have to select Castle with #4 if they really want him. I can see CHA and POR taking a swing on him before the Spurs pick again at #8.

And in that world, it makes the #8 selection very interesting. If the Spurs want their wing there, we're probably looking at the next tranche of players (Williams, Saluan). I have a hard time seeing Matas getting past DET and Holland past POR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe that's a problem, and I'm really not sure any rookie spurs will draft this year will start from day 1 (or year one).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update on Topic, the team (redstar) announced Topic will be able to avoid Surgery, so Givony was correct

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he skipped them, my estimation of Robert Dillingham as a man just in plummeted
    fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't help seeing that pic thinking these shy, skinny kids are the ones we're putting so much hope on

Really does look like Clingan is Sheppard's dad and Castle is Dilly's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning Sheppard over Dillingham.

Dilly appears to have the higher ceiling, but Sheppard just seems like an absolute lock to stay in the league for a long time as a high end role player with elite shooting and good team defense and defensive playmaking.

You also have to consider what's Dillingham's best case scenario: Trae Young? A guy many of us think is too flawed to be a piece in a championship contender. Do we really want that? Sure, that won't be a problem during his rookie contract, but 5 years from now, when he's due for a max contract, do you pay him knowing he won't ever be the guy that we need? Do you trade him?

I don't know, I might be overthinking too much. We would all be wetting ourselves if somebody assured us we are drafting Trae Young 2.0 , but I don't know if it's the best outcome looking at the bigger picture.
    I think it's a very valid question. If you don't like Trae Young because of the cost... then Dilly might make a lot of sense. But if you don't like Trae Young because of the player he is... it's hard to see why you would want Dilly. I think you are exactly correct that Trae Young's absolutely best case scenario is a better shooting Trae Young. The counter to that would be that Dilly might be better off ball, but will he?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike the UK guards and Topic who are seen as potential PGs prospects, Castle is a little different and I think they would have to select Castle with #4 if they really want him. I can see CHA and POR taking a swing on him before the Spurs pick again at #8.

And in that world, it makes the #8 selection very interesting. If the Spurs want their wing there, we're probably looking at the next tranche of players (Williams, Saluan). I have a hard time seeing Matas getting past DET and Holland past POR.
    Yeah I see no way Castle ever slips to 8. He makes way too much sense for Charlotte, especially if Clingan is off the board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3 of them are hiding their balls from the girl (Primo rule), Sheppard isn't. Bad defense here. Every detail matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clingan - megachurch pastor. Castle - youth pastor. Kentucky kids - kids.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta remember these players are all much taller than the average NFL combine goer
    You also have to remember there are like 300 guys who participate in the NFL combine vs what, 60 or 70, that participate in the NBA combine.

News at 11: cream of the crop athletes in this country who happen to play running back, defensive back and wide receiver in college can jump high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3 of them are protecting their ball from the girl (Primo rule), Sheppard isn't. Bad defense here. Every detail matters.
    https://i.imgur.com/YphMS6p.mp4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If number 4 is Buzelis or Castle.

And the Spurs pass on Dillingham.

I'm seeing what the market is for number 8. Like, if Clingan falls. See what the appe e is. (Although I think 5-7 might have the same idea.)

Trading out from that pick and trading up from the 35 may have more ultimate value than taking the 8 outright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle/Edey at least attempts to solve all of our problems. We can still target a big wing/SF in free agency, trade of future picks, or 25 draft.

Give Castle a try at PG. Edey solves our weakness at PF by providing twin towers capability. Sochan can slide between SF/PF depending on matchups. Now I know you are sold.
    Our problems are PG, forward and shooting. You are propossing to add a SG and center that can't shoot. How in the F does any of these guys solve ANY of our all problems, let alone ALL of them?

Imagine a lineup of Castle, Vassell, Sochan, Wemby and Clingan. Easily the worst lineup in the entire league. The Pistons would beat us by 40. That wouldn't even work in the pre-three point line invention era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When it comes to draft stock all bets are off. I seen tougher guys than Rob duck the combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hollinger:

Risacher:
    I’m not sure any player’s stock has yo-yo’d as much as Risacher’s in the last year. After a disappointing performance at the Nike Hoop Summit followed a poor shooting year in France, Risacher was seen by some as a fringe first-rounder. This season, his 3-point percentage rebounded sharply, and Risacher suddenly moved into the discussion for the No. 1 pick. Both pendulum swings now seem like overcorrections, with shooting variance ing the punch scouts were drinking.

Let’s take a step back. Risacher has obvious pathways to rotation-level usefulness: He’s a tall wing who can move on the perimeter and showed very good lateral quickness in particular. He has a solid feel for the game, and his shot, while a bit hitchy at the top, is reliable enough to demand the opponent guard him.

But once we start raising the bar to lottery-level pick, the questions become louder. One thing in particular that NBA teams have consistently underpriced is that the French League just isn’t that good. Turkey and Spain, to name two, are much, much stronger. It’s one thing if a guy like Clint Capela or Victor Wembanyama destroys the league as a teenager, but Risacher isn’t doing that – he has a modest 14.8 PER in 57 games for JL Bourg. At the French League level (and in EuroCup play as well, one notch below the EuroLeague), he’s fine … but he’s not an elite player.

Historically, drafting players like this from France hasn’t ended well. The two perimeter players in the last two decades who hit as imports from this league were Evan Fournier and Nic Batum, who both had much more impressive numbers in their pre-draft seasons. The ones who didn’t – the Frank Ntilikinas and Sekou Doumbouyas – were overdrafted based on seasons a bit worse than the one Risacher is having, but Risacher’s statistical profile is much closer to those guys than to Batum and Fournier. (I’m leaving Bilal Coulibaly out of this for now, as we don’t know how the story ends.)

History isn’t destiny, and it’s possible Risacher outperforms these comps. But his lack of on-ball juice at this level is a tell that his upside is probably more as a plus role player than a star, especially given that his shooting isn’t a lock and his thin build and lack of toughness raise added questions.

Risacher has shot better this year, hitting 38.9 percent of his 3s, but it hasn’t been on huge volume and his pedestrian shooting marks on 2s (51.6 percent) and from the line (71.9 percent) haven’t budged at all from a year earlier. Overall, big forwards are rare enough that he’s worth drafting, but a team would feel much better about the pick if it isn’t counting on him becoming a starter.”
    Quite a sobering assessment. I've had Matas and Holland both over him for awhile now, and stand true to that.

One thing about Hollinger's tiers you posted a few posts later... when I look at tiers I generally think "I would draft anyone in this tier, regardless of my needs, before I'd draft anyone in the next tier". With that in mind, my Tier I and II right now is below (this may not be my exact order, but close). Keep in mind, this is with a Spurs-centric lens, so guys like Sarr and Clingan get dinged because we don't need them (though I don't particularly like Sarr anyway).

Tier I:

Matas
    Holland
    Dillinger
    Sheppard
    Castle

Tier II:

Risacher
    Williams
    Sarr
    Klingan
    Knecth
    Carter

I think we have a real opportunity here to end up with two guys from Tier I, which is exciting (and frankly, I believe we have an opportunity to end up with the top two on my board, but I suspect Holland will rise).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you expect us to trade the two 2nds and not use them to move up Dejounte ?

I could see doing something with Portland for their picks or trading 2nds with NY to get their 25th pick.
    I'm hoping that we take a prospect we like at #35 (Nunez? Ajay Mitc ?) and let them fight it out in camp with guys like Blake/Champ/Bassey/Barlow. If they're clearly better, those guys are all easy to move on from. If the pick doesn't beat them out, offer them a two way or let them catch on somewhere else. It's a free roll of the dice.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our problems are PG, forward and shooting. You are propossing to add a SG and center that can't shoot. How in the F does any of these guys solve ANY of our all problems, let alone ALL of them?

Imagine a lineup of Castle, Vassell, Sochan, Wemby and Clingan. Easily the worst lineup in the entire league. The Pistons would beat us by 40. That wouldn't even work in the pre-three point line invention era.
    You're putting too much value solely on Dillingham's shooting. I'm not even sure he will be able to maintain his college shooting %s in the NBA. He's small and not very good going to the basket.

He doesn't bring much else in his game and is not a good pick. Castle is better in every other area except 3 pt. shooting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update on Topic, the team (redstar) announced Topic will be able to avoid Surgery, so Givony was correct
    It isn't exactly what they are saying. They are saying he doesn't currently require surgery. What a weird way to say it.....

Putting pieces together, I'm almost sure Topic's knee is ed and will need surgery to be fixed. The question is do you pick him at #8 if he needs a surgery followed by, let's say, 3 to 6 months of rehab ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hoping that we take a prospect we like at #35 (Nunez? Ajay Mitc ?) and let them fight it out in camp with guys like Blake/Champ/Bassey/Barlow. If they're clearly better, those guys are all easy to move on from. If the pick doesn't beat them out, offer them a two way or let them catch on somewhere else. It's a free roll of the dice.
    I think I'd like to package both 2nd's and a young player (Wesley? ) to move up to #25. I think there will be a few intriguing guys available there.

It may be to many rookie though..

Thread Information