Page 272 of 344 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322 ... LastLast
Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 8593
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s sounding more and more like we need to take Edey at 8
    No....no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I truly hope Wemby only provides character advice about Risacher - or any other French prospect. The last thing we need is a Kevin Durant completely undermining any good judgment about team-building and talent.

Believe.
    Post Count
    I agree with what you guys are saying about the uncertainty in this draft. However having said that I am falling in love with a prospect I think we should aim for at #4: Castle.

He just seems like a Spur and the perfect mate for Wemby. He is like Marcus Smart on D, he’s the winner you need to do all the little things, he can lock down the opposing teams best perimeter player. He has positional height and versatility. He can play 1, 2 and 3. He was a wing in college but a point guard in high school and showed a limited amount of what he can really do. The shooting I feel like it will come around. We just need Pop and the shooting coaches to get his confidence up. But he does everything else at a high level.

And check out what a dog he is on defense. He would be the tone setter for the defense along with Wemby:

Last edited by sfernald; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Dillingham participate in any of the shooting or athletic testing yesterday?? Haven’t seen anything from him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Castle; like every player theres some flaws that are scary. His lack of offense and how he had no offensive dawg in him worries me a decent amount. I like him, and hes shooting well at combine, but he reminds me of Exum which isn’t great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with what you guys are saying about the uncertainty in this draft. However having said that I am falling in love with a prospect I think we should aim for at #4: Castle.

He just seems like a Spur and the perfect mate for Wemby. He is like Marcus Smart on D, he’s the winner you need to do all the little things, he can lock down the opposing teams best perimeter player. He has positional height and versatility. He can play 1, 2 and 3. He was a wing in college but a point guard in high school and showed a limited amount of what he can really do. The shooting I feel like it will come around. We just need Pop and the shooting coaches to get his confidence up. But he does everything else at a high level.

And check out what a dog he is on defense. He would be the tone setter for the defense along with Wemby:

https://youtu.be/Ft8ohWgyQGo?si=ZKwNa7eCiDF0vtBB

The more I think about it, the less I hate the idea of Castle. This team needs an iden y - and having a perennial DPOY candidate in Wemby augmented by a great perimeter defender in Castle goes a long ways toward addressing that iden y. He's got great size and length out on the perimeter, which also will go a ways towards making the team long and athletic at most positions. The shooting is a glaring problem, but the FO might think that they can't solve all of their needs in a single draft class, even with two picks, so better to shore up one position of need. Regarding shooting, there's a good chance that Reed will be available at 8, so a Castle/Reed pair, while not billboard material, does go a ways towards addressing some needs.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Castle; like every player theres some flaws that are scary. His lack of offense and how he had no offensive dawg in him worries me a decent amount. I like him, and hes shooting well at combine, but he reminds me of Exum which isn’t great.
    He doesn't have a lack of offense. He is solid offensively outside of the perimeter 3 point shot which still needs work.

His number wasn't called for on UCONN as they played a team approach and didn't rely on any one player like Kentucky did. UCONN didn't play give the ball to one or two guys to jack up a ton of shots.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worth noting (not really) Buzelis thinks Castle is the best player in the class from his JJ podcast episode

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed on Castle and it's also why I like Holland. One of Castle/Holland for their defensive upside paired with a better shooter (e.g., Reed) would be a nice combination.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the less I hate the idea of Castle. This team needs an iden y - and having a perennial DPOY candidate in Wemby augmented by a great perimeter defender in Castle goes a long ways toward addressing that iden y. He's got great size and length out on the perimeter, which also will go a ways towards making the team long and athletic at most positions. The shooting is a glaring problem, but the FO might think that they can't solve all of their needs in a single draft class, even with two picks, so better to shore up one position of need. Regarding shooting, there's a good chance that Reed will be available at 8, so a Castle/Reed pair, while not billboard material, does go a ways towards addressing some needs.
    Here's the thing about Castle, it just comes down to his outside shot (willingness to take and accuracy). I've got him 8th on both my boards, and that's with a determination that he won't be a plus shooter from deep. If the team determines that they believe he can be an accurate shooter, with some development, and won't hesitate when he's open, then he moves way up the board. He shot well yesterday. That doesn't mean alot, but it's not nothing, so we'll see how individuals and interviews go. The team needs to dig deep on him, but he's talented enough to warrant it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't have a lack of offense. He is solid offensively outside of the perimeter 3 point shot which still needs work.

His number wasn't called for on UCONN as they played a team approach and didn't rely on any one player like Kentucky did. UCONN didn't play give the ball to one or two guys to jack up a ton of shots.
    I keep hearing this excuse but Im not sure it’s just that. Hopefully that’s the case because it would mean he’s got a lot more upside than it would appear, but from what I saw/read it goes beyond team stuff. He legit doesnt look for offense. Not sure if it’s a confidence thing, fully a system thing or what, but Im not so certain it was just “system” related.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs want to add a player just to please Wembanyama, there is an obvious candidate in this draft: Armel Traoré.

Traoré is an athletic PF ranked #68 on espn big board and he is a very good friend with Wembanyama. Spurs could draft and stash him at #48 or sign him to a two way contract as an undrafted rookie.

Saying that, I don't think Spurs will or should do that. I don't think it is healthy for a team to add a player just to please its star. The best example of that is Giannis and his brothers in Milwaukee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Around the time Jalen Brunson dropped 60 points on our heads, I was pitching Castle a bit and posted that vid at some point. The entire possession at :47 would give the coaching staff massive boners. The seamless double team, turning to instantly recognize who's not covered, and then smothering the guy in the lane. The smothering a player -- like double teaming him yourself -- reminds me of Gary Payton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the thing about Castle, it just comes down to his outside shot (willingness to take and accuracy). I've got him 8th on both my boards, and that's with a determination that he won't be a plus shooter from deep. If the team determines that they believe he can be an accurate shooter, with some development, and won't hesitate when he's open, then he moves way up the board. He shot well yesterday. That doesn't mean alot, but it's not nothing, so we'll see how individuals and interviews go. The team needs to dig deep on him, but he's talented enough to warrant it.
    I'm low on Spurs Culture (lol Primo), but it's also not nothing that he won a ship at UCONN. Outside of Wemby, I don't know that many on the team know what winning at a high level looks like. Given the dearth of vet leadership, much less vet championship leadership, having that intangible is not a nothing either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm low on Spurs Culture (lol Primo), but it's also not nothing that he won a ship at UCONN. Outside of Wemby, I don't know that many on the team know what winning at a high level looks like. Given the dearth of vet leadership, much less vet championship leadership, having that intangible is not a nothing either.
    I'm not even talking about Spurs culture with him. When I mentioned 'interviews', I'm talking about mentality when it comes to heing aggressive in taking shots on Offense. He's been passive, can he become aggressive? It doesn't happen often, but if he has that he could be one of about 3 or 4 guys that has the ability to be the best player in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think one of Buz or Castle can develop their shot, I'm almost inclined to take those two over the Buz/Dilly tandem. Big if though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really down on Dilly after those measurables tbh. In a weak draft like this I think Castle is the better choice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep hearing this excuse but Im not sure it’s just that. Hopefully that’s the case because it would mean he’s got a lot more upside than it would appear, but from what I saw/read it goes beyond team stuff. He legit doesnt look for offense. Not sure if it’s a confidence thing, fully a system thing or what, but Im not so certain it was just “system” related.
    Have you watched ANY UConn film breakdowns? If not, you should probably sit this one out. Their offense is complicated, off ball screens, pin down screens, flare screens, staggered screens, and never less than 2-3 ON EACH POSSESSION. You’ll notice that the player taking the shot rarely has to dribble. Most of the minimal dribbling is into a dribble hand off.

Last edited by exstatic; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Zhang bang alert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you watched ANY UConn film breakdowns? If not, you should probably sit this one out. Their offense is complicated, off ball screens, pin down screens, flare screens, staggered screens, and never less than 2-3 ON EACH POSSESSION. You’ll notice that the player taking the shot rarely has to dribble. Most of the minimal dribbling is into a dribble hand off.

I have. So no need to “sit this one out”. Theres plenty of people with similar concerns to me so acting like your YouTube video is the end all be all in these types of discussions is quite frankly silly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well oiled machine. People shouldn't use this situation as a negative, but a positive.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm interested in Castle vs Holland. Castle is a more proven defender but Holland seems very motivated, high motor etc and his motor translates to offense better. Not knowing enough details otherwise, Holland might have the edge as far as ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have. So no need to “sit this one out”. Theres plenty of people with similar concerns to me so acting like your YouTube video is the end all be all in these types of discussions is quite frankly silly.
    You’re not understanding what you’re seeing then. NO ONE dribble attacks in this offense. That’s likely what you’re interpreting as passive, but it isn’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His MCL seems a bit wobbly. Second time it’s put him on the shelf.
    It probably comes down to mismanagement of the first injury. Probably tried to avoid surgery and appear healthy, when isn't. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm leaning towards Castle right now at 4. Good size, elite defender, and I think he has more offensively in his arsenal then he was able to showcase at UConn. I recognize it's an open gym but his combine shooting numbers are encouraging. Wouldn't mind Knecht at 8 in this scenario.

Risacher is just an unknown to me and the size of Sheppard and Dilly worry me to spend a top 4 pick on them.

Thread Information