Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1731
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    infinitely worse how and whose votes is Biden trying to buy?
    US steel industry is the most inefficient in the world. Only way to keep them in business is to the US steel consumers by forcing it down their throat with tariffs on foreign steel. its Biden's usual pandering to the unions. Same with Biden opposing Nippon Steel buying US Steel. Nippon was prepared to guarantee union jobs and benefits while upgrading the facilities to make them more efficient but it was Biden politics as usual.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    US steel industry is the most inefficient in the world. Only way to keep them in business is to the US steel consumers by forcing it down their throat with tariffs on foreign steel. its Biden's usual pandering to the unions. Same with Biden opposing Nippon Steel buying US Steel. Nippon was prepared to guarantee union jobs and benefits while upgrading the facilities to make them more efficient but it was Biden politics as usual.
    CC testifying of a Tuesday morning. He's teaching the Winester.

CC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a good example for you winester...

This is a US made 1" 300# Union. Machining is always iffy and definitely inferior to forged steel unions. $41.20

https://www.buyfittingsonline.com/se...ection=content

This is an imported 3000# forged steel union (after 7.5% tariff) $22.18

https://www.buyfittingsonline.com/pi...-asme-fitting/

US steel industry sucks
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Biden wants everyone to go to "alternative renewable energy" and then slaps massive tariffs on the worlds most economical producer of the components?

Everything he is doing is inflationary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    April PPI came in hot at .5% (6% annualized)

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/ppi.nr0.htm

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And Biden wants everyone to go to "alternative renewable energy" and then slaps massive tariffs on the worlds most economical producer of the components?

...The in' .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Preach on, Bloomberg podcast!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh, please. When Bloomberg suits you, Blake, it's 100% aces.

I've seen ya, ya little , you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right on schedule...Rent Free Beta Blake chimes in with another stupid post. No wonder he is such a loser.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Right on schedule...Rent Free Beta Blake chimes in with another stupid post. No wonder he is such a loser.
    Him & bene both are the sites biggest losers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened to America first, tariffs to protect American jobs from subsidized foreign industry, and being against Chyna?

Guess magas gonna maga

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What happened to America first, tariffs to protect American jobs from subsidized foreign industry, and being against Chyna?

Guess magas gonna maga
    ...Biden too, Effy. You're nary room, son. Nary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Guess magas gonna maga
    You guys really like to put people in narrow little boxes of left and right. I'm pretty much straight down the middle. Economic conservative and social liberal. As far as I'm concerned the less government interference the better. On this specific subject I'm ok with not giving the Chinese the latest and greatest chip technology and American technology in general, but disagree with protectionist tariffs. Nobody wins trade wars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus we are in a world economy. China is good at building cheap electric vehicles and solar power stuff. What good does it do the average American to raise the cost of these items?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Plus we are in a world economy. China is good at building cheap electric vehicles and solar power stuff. What good does it do the average American to raise the cost of these items?
    ...ask that sucker a squattin' in the White House. He must know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys really like to put people in narrow little boxes of left and right. I'm pretty much straight down the middle. Economic conservative and social liberal. As far as I'm concerned the less government interference the better. On this specific subject I'm ok with not giving the Chinese the latest and greatest chip technology and American technology in general, but disagree with protectionist tariffs. Nobody wins trade wars.
    I get you but we are already in trade wars as other countries heavily subsidize their industries. Countervailing duties are necessary not only to protect US jobs but also serve to ensure US is not beholding/dependent on foreign monopolies.

Solar is good example of how Chyna screwed US and other countries. We got cheaper products at the cost of losing our solar industry (also killed by red states like Texas hating on solar).

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/07/b...y-exports.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That decision didn't make sense to me, either, but who knows? I have no idea how things stand b/w the US and Japan.

But COVID made supply chain autarky a desirable thing. The opposite of globalization. There are strong nationalists on both sides of the aisle, tbh.

Nativism sells.

I think the rest of the world is not so impressed with our octogenarian overlords, jmo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We agree on this.

Biden announced a 100% tariff on cheap Chinese EVs at roughly the same time Trump announced his intention to do the very same thing.

Continuity, not change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get you but we are already in trade wars as other countries heavily subsidize their industries. Countervailing duties are necessary not only to protect US jobs but also serve to ensure US is not beholding/dependent on foreign monopolies.

Solar is good example of how Chyna screwed US and other countries. We got cheaper products at the cost of losing our solar industry (also killed by red states like Texas hating on solar).

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/07/b...y-exports.html
    What do you call the chips act except US government subsidizing industries? US was never going to be compe ive in basic tech stuff like solar panels. Labor costs and environmental regs were prohibitive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Biden's betting on the USA. Are you betting against it?

is inflation scaring you again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ok. My business is killing it. My stock market investments are doing OK and I just rolled a 3 month jumbo CD at 5%. You are the one that should be worrying about inflation and interest rates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, CC never said whose votes Joe Biden is trying to buy with stiff tariffs on very compe ive commies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, CC never said whose votes Joe Biden is trying to buy with stiff tariffs on very compe ive commies.
    Biden would be happy if 90% of work force was union. Who the did you think he was paying off? The fine print in the chips act was written by unions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden would be happy if 90% of work force was union. Who the did you think he was paying off? The fine print in the chips act was written by unions.
    Put a number on it.

How many heads?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put a number on it.

How many heads?
    It is a requirement for the federal dollars in the chips act. Don't you read?

Thread Information