Page 266 of 346 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 8632
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collier being 6-2.5 without shoes is a huge win for him. I don't think people are completely calibrated to the new NBA height listings yet. But Collier legit has good PG size. He's taller than Dillingham, Sheppard, Castle and McClain. He is less than an inch shorter than Derrick White and is taller than Marcus Smart. He really needed that size to support the idea that he can be a PG who can overpower his man on the way to the rim. You'd want him to have that extra inch to make him more versatile on both ends. But he may start moving back up boards as people try to figure out how much weight they can place on bad situations like USC and the Ignite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of my guys this draft. Wish he was playing at the combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Champegnie is better suited as an off the bench wing. Connect is an awkward fit with him and, to a lesser extent, Branham. I don’t know one is head and shoulders above the other - but taking Connect creates an unnecessary logjam with middling talent. You also need playmaking in addition to shooting on the wing. Connect is not a playmaker. I’d rather trade out from 8 than take another black hole shooting guard without size.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Washington drafts Dillingham then pivot and sign Tyus Jones to a two year contract and draft two small forwards. Just throwing out ideas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knecht just jumped 39” with good size and length he doesn’t sound like any booby prize whatsoever at 8
    Knecht can play the 2/3 and Matas, Zaccharie, and Tidjane can play the 3/4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collier being 6-2.5 without shoes is a huge win for him. I don't think people are completely calibrated to the new NBA height listings yet. But Collier legit has good PG size. He's taller than Dillingham, Sheppard, Castle and McClain. He is less than an inch shorter than Derrick White and is taller than Marcus Smart. He really needed that size to support the idea that he can be a PG who can overpower his man on the way to the rim. You'd want him to have that extra inch to make him more versatile on both ends. But he may start moving back up boards as people try to figure out how much weight they can place on bad situations like USC and the Ignite.
    He's not taller than Castle, but he is on the rest of them.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm. Measuring 6 2.5" is a win? I feel the combine didn't do him any favors. I think private workouts will need to go well for him. And I'm someone who has wanted to give him a shot. Still do, but maybe only at 8. But that's a stretch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those teams with Nephew had multiple creators. This team only has one and a half (Wemby and Vassell). Please don’t attribute the success of that run to Danny Green ever again, lol.
    I don't think it makes sense to pretend that Green wasn't vital to the Spurs' success during the Medium Three years. Danny went on to win two les after leaving the Spurs. He proved himself as a role-player in a way few get a chance to. It took the Spurs years to find him, and they haven't been able to replace him since. There have been other great role-players, but Danny has a great case for being the defining role-player of his era. If there were a player in this draft that you knew was going to be Danny Green 2.0, he'd easily be worth fourth pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic I’m drafting you at 8th so go fake an injury
    This thought occurred to me; maybe even a Willy Wonka draft moment when the Spurs call his name, he hobbles on crutches a few steps toward the podium, then tosses them down, rolls, and leaps over the stairs onto the stage.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the better mock drafts I’ve seen is this one from CBS

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nba-mo...195807070.html

The only one I’m a strong disagree on is Topic at 4 for the Spurs, especially after the injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it makes sense to pretend that Green wasn't vital to the Spurs' success during the Medium Three years. Danny went on to win two les after leaving the Spurs. He proved himself as a role-player in a way few get a chance to. It took the Spurs years to find him, and they haven't been able to replace him since. There have been other great role-players, but Danny has a great case for being the defining role-player of his era. If there were a player in this draft that you knew was going to be Danny Green 2.0, he'd easily be worth fourth pick.
    My point is that super role players like Danny still have to be set up for success. And we don’t have anyone to set up a player like that. Danny had guys like Diaw, Manu, Tony, Nephew, Timmy passing to him. Danny in his prime on next year’s team (if it stayed largely the same) would be half the player he is because of how inept the team is in the playmaking department.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Dillingham lasting until 8. No way. Just my random opinion. I think they have to grab him at 4. Very few point guards available in that tier. Lots of wings available.
    Take your wing at 4, trade CHA pick 8 + their pick back to move to 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felt good about the strategy to grab Matas at 4 and wait until 8 to grab Dilly... but Topic's injury really throws a monkey wrench into that plan. I still probably rate Buzelis above Dilly... but if we could go Dilly at 4 and Holland at 8 I'd still be happy, but I have doubt Holland lasts until then. Don't really want Cody Williams and he might be what you end up with at 8 if you take Dilly at 4.

I didn't want Topic, but his injury definitely is mucking things up.
    Im good with Risacher, Dilly, Reed, Cody or Holland so taking Buzelis at 4 still makes sense to me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is that super role players like Danny still have to be set up for success. And we don’t have anyone to set up a player like that.
    That's why we have two picks.

Danny in his prime on next year’s team (if it stayed largely the same) would be half the player he is because of how inept the team is in the playmaking department.
    Don't forget the other side of the floor. We have zero point of attack defenders. It's all about team defense these days, but we need someone to harass ballhandlers and make them uncomfortable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one cut deep as an SWT alum, but... yeah I think you nailed it
    fellow Bobcat here lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is that super role players like Danny still have to be set up for success. And we don’t have anyone to set up a player like that. Danny had guys like Diaw, Manu, Tony, Nephew, Timmy passing to him. Danny in his prime on next year’s team (if it stayed largely the same) would be half the player he is because of how inept the team is in the playmaking department.
    Danny's best year came in 2014-2015 when the Spurs had to rely on him a lot more. That was the year that Danny and Tim almost beat the Grizzlies with everyone else out -- and Tim fouled out in OT. He had gears that most other role-players don't, including the ability to step into a larger offensive role when key guys were missing. Danny definitely benefitted from playing with others -- just as they benefitted from playing with him. But on this year's Spurs team, he'd be a clear positive. Best perimeter defender and a guy who can get points off Sochan and Vassell just as he did from Parker and Manu. He showed that when he got it down with other teams without the same amazing chemistry and 1-5 play-making.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not taller than Castle, but he is on the rest of them.....
    Unless ABC is lying, yes he is? Castle's only 6-2.25 without shoes. EDIT: Ah, I see that was a mistake that a lot of outlets haven't updated. I looked up multiple sources and it was Reddit of all places that mentioned the error.

Hmm. Measuring 6 2.5" is a win? I feel the combine didn't do him any favors. I think private workouts will need to go well for him. And I'm someone who has wanted to give him a shot. Still do, but maybe only at 8. But that's a stretch.
    Yes, 6-2.5 is tall for a PG. We're used to shoes measurements for some of the older guys, but many combo and two-guards are smaller than him. If he'd been 6-1 like Bronny, it would've destroyed his value. Unlike everyone else, dude's size wasn't exaggerated in college, which is a big win for him.
    Last edited by Chinook; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:34 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the better mock drafts I’ve seen is this one from CBS

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nba-mo...195807070.html

The only one I’m a strong disagree on is Topic at 4 for the Spurs, especially after the injury.
    In that draft, hope spurs take Reed vice Topic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan of Clingan, but is he really that conservative a pick? He figures to be a defensive presence with a three-point shot. Is his upside Sengun? Lower or higher? I don't know.
    He shot 25% on 0.2 attempts per game last year, and shot 58% on FTs. Not going to be a shooter any time soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm keeping an eye on some of these former projected lottery picks now projected in the 2nd. Not because I want them, but because I think it just goes to show how off-base early season mocks can be.

Justin Edwards and Ryan Dunn now mocked in the mid second in that lastest CBS mock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a guy who doesn’t shoot or pass particularly well, his 34” vert was a punch to his chances. He was selling athleticism, and face planted on the vert.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm keeping an eye on some of these former projected lottery picks now projected in the 2nd. Not because I want them, but because I think it just goes to show how off-base early season mocks can be.

Justin Edwards and Ryan Dunn now mocked in the mid second in that lastest CBS mock.
    Don't forget DJ Wagner..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a guy who doesn’t shoot or pass particularly well, his 34” vert was a punch to his chances. He was selling athleticism, and face planted on the vert.
    He was a below-the-rim scorer at USC, so this isn't really a surprise. He's not really going to blow past his man. He's going to have to overpower him, which is why that size measurement was so huge. On the other hand, Dilly's size measurement doesn't affect how I see him at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collier's advantage is his athleticism and power in my opinion He's still stout. But his vertical wasn't great. Wingspan nothing great. If we think Castle is actually 6'2" then I suppose Collier doesn't stand out negatively in relationship to the others. But this feels like low expectations. And again, I want Collier to be a good prospect because he can get to the rim and isa point guard. But I don't see his stock rising today. He still may be a value like Keyonte George but that remains to be seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan of Clingan, but is he really that conservative a pick? He figures to be a defensive presence with a three-point shot. Is his upside Sengun? Lower or higher? I don't know.
    Defensive presence, sure... BUT 3 POINT SHOT???!!! Dude was 2/9 from 3 in his entire college career, and shot 55.8% from the line. He's closer to Poeltl than a floor spacer.

Thread Information