Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham is not as good as Tre Young and he's not Mike Conley either. Conley has a lot more wingspan than Dillingham. Best case scenario is Dillingham can become a Darius Garland type player, who by the way also got the same height and an inch less wingspan. Anything else is a pipe dream. The real question is can he finish at the rim with his physical limitations and thin frame?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He reminds more more of Brandon Jennings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like you think Dillingham is a better prospect and player than 3-time all star, ROY runner-up, all-NBA 3rd team Trae Young. In that case, he should be your clear cut #1 player in a tier by himself. Is he? Why isn't there more consensus on this?
    Yeah, I think Trae Young is a loser.

Dillingham still has a chance of being something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Updated back of the envelope projection, assuming Topic is out of the top 8

ATL: Sarr
    WAS: ZR
    HOU: Reed
    SAS: Matas
    DET: Knecht (they might get ed the most with Topic gone; they need shooting and Dilly is too redundant)
    CHA: Castle
    POR: Holland
    SAS: Dilly

That's sort of a best case scenario. Another one where WAS opts for a pg is less favorable

WAS: Dilly
    SAS: ZR
    DET: Matas
    SAS: Knecht? C. Williams?

Things get pretty dire for #8 in a world where Washington opts for Dilly. In that scenario, ZR is in play at 4 and I worry that we opt for that over Matas. I would absolutely hate to waste a top 10 pick on Dalton ing Connect.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DET: Knecht (they might get ed the most with Topic gone; they need shooting and Dilly is too redundant)

That's sort of a best case scenario. Another one where WAS opts for a pg is less favorable

Things get pretty dire for #8 in a world where Washington opts for Dilly. In that scenario, ZR is in play at 4 and I worry that we opt for that over Matas. I would absolutely hate to waste a top 10 pick on Dalton ing Connect.
    You forgot Clingan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe he is a loser. But he'd still be the consensus #1 in this draft, something Dillingham is not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot Clingan
    Posted this in another thread, but where does Clingan go? Only place that makes sense for him is WAS and maybe CHA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he is a loser. But he'd still be the consensus #1 in this draft, something Dillingham is not.
    Then Atlanta gets to draft him and then find out he sucks all over again!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like both outcomes, but I'd like the 2nd iteration better if we took Matas at #4 since you still have him on the board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #4 SAS: Matas
    #8 SAS: Edey
    Don't NEED a true PG, Wemby is the defacto PG on the Spurs everything goes through him.
    Edey shot 56% from three and had better in the paint movement than Sarr at the combine.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...s%20switchable
    Last edited by shaq_h8ter; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Rob Dillingham slander makes zero sense
    I’m perplexed that fans of a franchise that had slim, young Tony Parker turn into FMVP head of the snake would dislike a similar but better shooter in Dilly.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m perplexed that fans of a franchise that had slim, young Tony Parker turn into FMVP head of the snake would dislike a similar but better shooter in Dilly.
    It’s not that hard to understand. Even the Spurs thought they would be better with JKidd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, let's sum it up...

Dillingham is better than Trae Young, and a better shooting Tony Parker...

Anything more, guys?

I'm taking notes for my big board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, let's sum it up...

Anything more, guys?

Hysteria. I don’t think one person here has said that Dilly is better than Trae Young. He’s a higher % 3 point shooter. That’s not even a debate. He’s also come off the bench at UK, and played off the ball, something Trae seems incapable of, and that’s not debatable either after watching the last two Atlanta seasons. Dilly is probably a batter FIT in San Antonio, with his shooting prowess and style of play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hysteria. I don’t think one person here has said that Dilly is better than Trae Young. He’s a higher % 3 point shooter. That’s not even a debate. He’s also come off the bench at UK, and played off the ball, something Trae seems incapable of, and that’s not debatable either after watching the last two Atlanta seasons. Dilly is probably a batter FIT in San Antonio, with his shooting prowess and style of play.
    he's a better 3-point shooter IN COLLEGE. Trae Young plays in the NBA. As if there was no difference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah pretty much. One improvement Dillingham made that most observers credit him for was going from a flashy, crowd pleasing chucker in OTE to a system player at Kentucky. He had the green light, but he still played within himself and got his players involved. Trae doesn't do that. He still chucks random bull shots. He also does the James Harden thing of pounding the ball or just sitting there staring a defense down before wanting to do anything. Dillingham makes snap decisions and acts quickly.

If I have a concern on offense, leaving the other side out, it's whether Rob can scale down from a 30% usage and where he can do more off-ball. He actually has done well off-ball, to be fair. I do think he may cap out as a bench centerpiece, a Jordan Clarkson type. It's not a bad player to have, but he may never be a starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Clingan has to be in play somewhere. Another team may try to get in to grab him if he continues to be available. On their own, Detroit, Charlotte, Portland don't seem to have a need for him. He gets mocked a lot to Memphis, who lost Stephen Adams, so maybe a team might want to leap into that 5-8 range to grab him instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Houston not taking Dillingham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s no where near TP athletic ability - he wont be getting to the rim and putting pressure on teams like that. It’s a huge reason why his value is questionable. A small guard that’s not an Uber athlete that is not a 3 level scorer but one that relies on jump shots without the ability to penetrate consistently like a TP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dillingham (in his zero NBA seasons) is a far, far better shooter than Trae has ever been. There's no real comparison.

Who's hysterical here about a kid who has yet to play one NBA game and might not even be as starter in this league, making those kind of comparison with a 3 time all star and an HOFer?

And the way you guys compare college games/stats with NBA game/stats, to say Dilly is this, Dilly is that, or better than Trae at this or that is honestly... hysterical. That's the whole thing about prospects. you can't make those kind of definitive assertions. We know what NBA player Trae is, we don't know what NBA player Dillignham will be. There are things some guys can do in college, they can't in HS. Adam Morrison would be an HOFer otherwise.

And if Dilly was honestly close to how he's described by some here, he'd be a surefire #1. It seems some people are projecting in him everything they' like him to be.
    Last edited by JPB; 1 Week Ago at 10:35 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, let's sum it up...

Anything more, guys?

No, that's not the argument, it's the fact that getting Trae Young costs a of a lot more both in terms of assets (multiple picks spanning multiple years) plus a hefty salary that even requires a big extension (you're not going to pay a lot to then let him walk), and under those cir stances and given Trae's known limitations and history, a bunch of us would rather gamble on Dillingham or wait for other opportunities. It isn't rocket science, it's isn;t hard to understand it whether you agree or not, provided you're arguing in good faith.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d go Castle at 4 and hope he can at least partly be our PG solution. Edey at 8, he’s running circles around Clingan at the combine just like he did playing against him. Edey is a can’t miss prospect, Brook Lopez on steroids. And yes, he CAN shoot the 3 ball OMG who knew!?!

Mocking Clingan as high as 2, when you could get Edey later, ludicrous!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s no where near TP athletic ability - he wont be getting to the rim and putting pressure on teams like that. It’s a huge reason why his value is questionable. A small guard that’s not an Uber athlete that is not a 3 level scorer but one that relies on jump shots without the ability to penetrate consistently like a TP
    And that's before talking about TP's off ball movement and BBIQ (underestimated). He was a very smart player, and his agility and abilty to sneak his way under the bigs to pull an early lay up before you could even prepare to block it were unique. He was not just fast running, but very fast in the execution of his moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that's before talking about TP's off ball movement and BBIQ (underestimated). He was a very smart player, and his agility and abilty to sneak his way under the bigs to pull an early lay up before you could even prepare to block it were unique. He was not just fast running, but very fast in the execution of his moves.
    Exactly. Dillingham is more akin to Patty Mills than TP

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Dillingham is more akin to Patty Mills than TP
    No way, Patty's handles were nowhere near as good.
    Dillingham is a Lou/Clarkson type player.

I'd say that Sheppard looks like Patty on offense if we talk shooting and the type of shots he takes.

Thread Information