Page 253 of 342 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 8549
    tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also hoping Brian Wright learns from the Primo fiasco. That somehow led into Wemby but still feels like reaching wasn’t the best decision. Still worried Wright is going to reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also hoping Brian Wright learns from the Primo fiasco. That somehow led into Wemby but still feels like reaching wasn’t the best decision. Still worried Wright is going to reach.
    The pick should have been Sengun, but for some reason the entire league seemed to pass on him. Even OKC drafted him and traded him away.

However, other than Sengun it wasn't clear who else was left. Trey Murphy was the only real 'lottery grade' player still available and his tenure at Virginia was fairly iffy. Herb Jones was still there, but no one really thought much of him. I can't personally slag a GM for missing what everyone else missed. That stuff happens here and there.

So... absent Sengun, Primo wasn't really a terrible pick there. And we don't know how he'd turn out if he didn't completely destroy his own development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand everyone has his pet prospects and ones he doesn't like but talking about "career numbers" for a 19 kid (Risacher) as if we were talking about a 10 year vet, to make definitve judgements about his 3pt shooting is a tad abusing, if you ask me...

Specially including previous years, while this season is his first as a real starter and contributor where he shot around 40% on 3 over all compe ions, and actually a higher percentage in Eurocup (a more compe ive compe ion) than in the french league.

Not fair to the kid, imo.
    I wouldn't be opposed to Risacher later in the lottery. But a guy who doesn't have a history of shooting well, whose athleticism is fairly limited, who plays good but not great defense, doesn't rebound or get assists, and who seems to top out as a role-playing wing, I don't want him with a number 4 pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone here who actually watched full games of Risacher? Asking if he’s truly worth the hype. Not a lot of access to full games and I lack a scouting perspective. After years of watching the NBA the draft is largely a crap shoot and lots of dudes around here buy into the hype and decide based on highlights without assessing the developmental holes which prove fatal once they turn pro. How’s the level of compe ion where he plays and what signs should we be looking for which show he can transition successfully in the NBA?
    he is pretty much does what julian champianie does.The hope would be for him to be a better defender and get better handles.
    He is still young so you would think he should improve.Tho not sure i would take him at 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wild that Mikel bridges is about to turn 28 already. Where does the time go tbh.
    He wasn’t one and done,but was almost 22 when drafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is pretty much does what julian champianie does.The hope would be for him to be a better defender and get better handles.
    He is still young so you would think he should improve.Tho not sure i would take him at 4.
    Same thought re: picking him at 4, plus the fact he’s French. Also lmao at NBAdraft.net comparing him and Buzelis to Franz Wagner. Really had to juxtapose Wagner because he’s white ��

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty much jalen brunson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously because 5 is better than 8 and Ivey is better than Keldon
    Thoughts on this hypothetical? Don’t focus too much on my offer having to be exact - just focus on general thought process and players and know that if it costs a little more or less that’s fine.

Do you like it for SA? Think it makes sense for Det etc?

Im interested in a situation that allows Sa to get both Matas Buzelis + Risacher and opens minutes up and money and gets Sa a guard with same flaws as the guys in this draft anyways:

Keldon to Detroit for Ivey

Something like Keldon + pick 8 + future first + 2 2nds

For

Ivey + pick 5

Keldon being used in the trade means there’s minutes for 2 wings like Matas Buzelis + Risacher and clears some money for spurs too. Also get Ivey who has some potential and no worse flaws than Dillingham (different players obviously- just mean there’s questions either way) to add to guard position and balance out spurs roster some?

Det gets a guy who maybe fits better than Ivey next to Cade and is still young and legit scorer and great teammate and has a very reasonable deal and for moving back 3 spots they get an extra first and 2 2nds?

Now spurs with 4 + 5 should be able to get Matas Buzelis + Risacher

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same thought re: picking him at 4, plus the fact he’s French. Also lmao at NBAdraft.net comparing him and Buzelis to Franz Wagner. Really had to juxtapose Wagner because he’s white ��
    I do think Buzelis is a bit like Wagner, though. Risacher, no. But Buzelis moves like him and sort of does the same things, only not as good (sadly). Not the playmaker, primarily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pick should have been Sengun, but for some reason the entire league seemed to pass on him. Even OKC drafted him and traded him away.

However, other than Sengun it wasn't clear who else was left. Trey Murphy was the only real 'lottery grade' player still available and his tenure at Virginia was fairly iffy. Herb Jones was still there, but no one really thought much of him. I can't personally slag a GM for missing what everyone else missed. That stuff happens here and there.

So... absent Sengun, Primo wasn't really a terrible pick there. And we don't know how he'd turn out if he didn't completely destroy his own development.
    I guess his draft philosophy is he trusts his scouts, which is also comforting. I’ve seen a lot of drafts pass by and these guys hyped within the 5-15 range sometimes turn out to be total duds. People pine for them because of what the draft websites say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, there are 3 PG prospects that will go Top 10: Topic, Dilly and Sheppard (I don't think Castle will ever be a PG in this league. Shep is smart enough + his shooting in that he can probably play PG long term)
    -Out of those 3, I think the only one that has a realistic shot of getting to #8 is Dillingham

If Dilly is truly #1 on their big board, then you take him at #4 and don't get cute about it. But I have a feeling that they'll have Risacher higher and he'll be the pick if he's available.

I just like the list of available wings that will be at #8 a lot better: Buzelis, Holland, Castle, Knecht, Williams, Saluan

Honestly, I'd be fine if they went with Dilly at #4 and took a home run swing at #8 with Saluan. I don't know how much they want to play 2 rookies next year so picking Wemby's best friend / 2 yr project might not be the dumbest idea in the world.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see 6'1" without shoes but came in ten pounds lighter than I was expecting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see 6'1" without shoes but came in ten pounds lighter than I was expecting.
    Stephon Castle measurements at the NBA Draft Combine:

6'2.25" height without shoes
    6'8.75" wingspan
    8'2" standing reach

+6 wingspan alert x2

He was listed at 6'6 everywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty much jalen brunson
    Nah Brunson is 25 lbs bigger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6'8.75" wingspan
    8'2" standing reach

+6 wingspan alert x2

Wow that really dampens my interest in Castle a lot. Probably does for Charlotte too which makes it less likely Holland is there at 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castles measurements are quite surprising (and disappointing)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disappointing wingspan from Buzelis

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle has same measurements as Marcus Smart

Full combine link - https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...easonYear=2024

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alot of measurements are listed on the nba website now: https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...EIGHT_WO_SHOES

Stephon Castle at 6' 2.25. Whoa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edey with a better wingspan than Boban

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holland and Buzelis both have great size consistent with what we thought before the combine measurements.

Will Topic and Risacher have numbers posted as well or are they not at the combine?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holland and Buzelis both have great size consistent with what we thought before the combine measurements.

Will Topic and Risacher have numbers posted as well or are they not at the combine?
    They're still playing aren't they? I know Risacher is for sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6'8.75" wingspan
    8'2" standing reach

+6 wingspan alert x2

whatever the mistake is, this has to be wrong. not the first time a number from the combine was twisted.

you can't tell me this two are the same height

Thread Information