Page 251 of 329 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 8223
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meaning you dont think DET would do it? I think Keldon is definitely the better player right now and is locked in a better deal overall than Ivey will be if you have to pay him in 2 seasons.

If you dont think Cade/Ivey are optimal, can you do better than Keldon?
    Guards usually take longer to produce, and Ivey statistically isn't far behind Keldon now. Keldon might have met his peak. I'm not sure if Keldon would improve anymore. Even with a reduced usage rate and coming off the bench, he didn't increase his accuracy. I think at worse, Ivey would reach 23/24 Keldon by next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says he’s been watching Jaden McDaniels the most because he’s one of the best defenders in the league. ^
    Loves Tracy McGrady and is one of his favorite players ever.

Wouldn't be shocked if Washington especially takes a big swing on Matas. In fact I think the top 2 most likely targets by Washington may actually be him and Topic, both are big swings but their size and skill set could make them high ceiling guys, provided their shot comes around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don’t draft like that. They set up a complete board, which this year will be 59 players, and when they’re on the clock, they pick the highest remaining player on their board. You can really outsmart yourself trying like that when it may not even be those teams picking in those positions.
    If the Spurs don't factor in the likelihood of each player being available at each pick, then they'd be idiots. They don't strike me as such, so I'm going to guess their reasoning is a bit more nuanced than that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me: just draft that fastbreak engines, in any order: Sheppard and Holland, add also Dunn and Spurs will play fast with thousand of steals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Combine going to be interesting...
    "My advantage is that I have everything over him.”

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard seems to make sense... but does it really? Do we think Houston is jazzed to use a #3 pick on a guy who projects to be a backup combo guard? Sheppard isn't going to displace Green, and I don't think Sheppard fits as a lead guard, and if Amen is going to be their PG of the future then there just isn't much room for him.
    I think so. Thompson is what makes it work since he has the size and athleticism to play the SF defensively so once he replaces FVV I think Thompson + Sheppard + Green + Smith + Sengun can be a pretty strong lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Browsing the Hornets subreddit, consensus seems to be Castle, then Holland, then Williams.

Hawks board want Sarr.

Rockets board want Sheppard or to trade the pick.

Blazers subreddit seems to like Cody Williams, Salaun, Buzelis.
    Wizards subreddit wants Topic.

Pistons subreddit is in shambles. Can’t get a good read because they’re all on suicide watch.
    Castle seems like a no-brainer pick to get some defense in Charlotte as well as someone who can play some spot PG when LaMelo is hurt. Damn if the Wizards take Topic might have a shot at Risashcer at 4.

prayingdog.gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He probably won't even be there at 4.
    Hope so

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfee...ite-to-go-no-1

Old article but multiple wing options left at 8.

The Wild card for me is Castle, seems like we can use a bigger SF than him otherwise when it’s PG-Vassel-where does Castle fit in that lineup?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As bad and counter-productive as it sounds, I wouldn't be averse to taking Castle and seeing how Vassell does this year. If he continues only developing as a DeRozan type with good scoring numbers but poor defense and limited creation, take advantage of his high perceived value around the league and relative youth and package him and one of your lottery picks in 2025 to grab your blue chip wing if you see one next year. Castle's really an ideal size for complementary utility 2 guard in the NBA. If Vassell develops well into an all around stud, then Castle can be either your second back court guy assuming Vassell's creation improves, or a 3rd guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Browsing the Hornets subreddit, consensus seems to be Castle, then Holland, then Williams.

Hawks board want Sarr.

Rockets board want Sheppard or to trade the pick.

Blazers subreddit seems to like Cody Williams, Salaun, Buzelis.
    Wizards subreddit wants Topic.

Pistons subreddit is in shambles. Can’t get a good read because they’re all on suicide watch.
    All sensible options, especially that of Detroit fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If people are focused on wings, then maybe…

1 - Hawks - Sarr
    2 - Wizards - Topic
    3 - Rockets - Risacher
    4 - Spurs - Buzelis
    5 - Detroit - Castle
    6 - Hornets - Holland
    7 - Blazers - Sheppard
    8 - Spurs - Knecht
    If we take knecht over dillingham at 8…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you do Keldon + pick 8 for Jaden Ivey + pick 5?

Clears 10M from SA, gets SA a guard with some upside but some risk too (not any more risky than other guards in this draft) and puts SA with picks 4 & 5 now.
    Obviously because 5 is better than 8 and Ivey is better than Keldon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you do Keldon + pick 8 for Jaden Ivey + pick 5?

Clears 10M from SA, gets SA a guard with some upside but some risk too (not any more risky than other guards in this draft) and puts SA with picks 4 & 5 now.
    To fix that trade, it would have to be at least something like:
    Keldon + Champagnie + 4 + 35 for Ivey + 5

And only if the Spurs pick Detroit's target right in front of them. Then Detroit gets their guy and 2 wings who fit better than Ivey, at the expense of some potential, while they pick up a good 2nd rounder that they lost when they traded for Fontecchio.

Spurs take a swing on Ivey and move on from Keldon's money at the expense of taking their next best available. Add a few 2nds and some minor asset if necessary (Charlotte pick? Branham?), but I would say that's a more realistic framework.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My early mock draft:

1 - Hawks - Sarr
    2 - Wizards - Topic
    3 - Rockets - Risacher
    4 - Spurs - Dillingham
    5 - Detroit - Castle
    6 - Hornets - Holland
    7 - Blazers - Buzelis
    8 - Spurs - Sheppard
    that would be a heist. If we get 2 out of Dillingham, Risacher and Sheppard I'ma be thrilled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My early mock draft:

1 - Hawks - Sarr
    2 - Wizards - Topic
    3 - Rockets - Risacher
    4 - Spurs - Dillingham
    5 - Detroit - Castle
    6 - Hornets - Holland
    7 - Blazers - Buzelis
    8 - Spurs - Sheppard
    If we can't get Risacher, I wouldn't hate that at all. Double down on the Kentucky guards, one of them has to pan out as, at least, a rotation PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see anything special on Risacher. Why people here wants him so bad? It looks like knecht and Risacher have the same stuff of what they can bring on to a basketball court.
    Risacher plays defense, Knecht doesn't. Risacher is 19, Knecht is 23. Risacher is 6'10'' Knecht is 6'6''. They totally different players, they just both shoot the 3 well and play SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After seeing some mocks and what other fanbases want, my mock would be:

1-Sarr (ATL)
    2-Topic (Was)
    3-Risacher (Hou)
    4-Buzellis (SAS)
    5-Williams (Det)
    6-Castle (Cha)
    7-Holland (Por)
    8-Dillingham (SAS)

Useless actually, since I think there will be 1 or 2 trades at the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knecht is far more aggressive than Risacher, who does cut pretty well and relocate his shots, but doesn't manufacture his own offense whatsoever. That's one of the knocks on him -- he has no self-creation. None. And I seriously doubt he's 6'10". He doesn't look that size at all. We'll see with the measurements.

That said, I don't think Knecht will be on the radar in any way. He really only does one thing and we prefer multi-talented players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see anything special on Risacher. Why people here wants him so bad? It looks like knecht and Risacher have the same stuff of what they can bring on to a basketball court.
    Risacher seems like the safest bet for a 3 and D forward, and has a chance of developing into something more, since he's very young.

Knecht is 6'6" and the oldest projected lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we take knecht over dillingham at 8…
    We riot at the Alamo?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knecht is far more aggressive than Risacher, who does cut pretty well and relocate his shots, but doesn't manufacture his own offense whatsoever. That's one of the knocks on him -- he has no self-creation. None. And I seriously doubt he's 6'10". He doesn't look that size at all. We'll see with the measurements.

That said, I don't think Knecht will be on the radar in any way. He really only does one thing and we prefer multi-talented players.
    I do think Knecht is similiar to the Bogdanovics who the FO seems to love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Order of who I’d want most at #4:

1. Sheppard
    2. Buzelis
    3. Castle

Order of who I’d want at #8 assuming all three above are gone:

1. Dillingham
    2. Collier
    3. Holland

If any of the first three are still there at 8th, I’ll take them over these three.

Coming out of the draft with any combo from the Reed, Buz, Castle trio would be terrific.

By the way, Dillingham in the second group is more strategic and less about how I value him. Like people have said: I don’t believe the top teams will use their pick on him.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 1 Week Ago at 05:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanted to ask: how high are you on Risacher?
    I'm reasonably high on Risacher. I would pick him at #4 but I wouldn't trade significant assets to get #2 to grab him.

Risacher is a a smart versatile player who plays the right way. The question about him is whether or not he can be more than that. He is still very young so they're some hope but his game with the ball needs a lot of work.

Spurs interest on Risacher should also depend on how they want to structure the team. If Spurs plan to add a playmaking PG like Topic or Dillingham, Risacher would be a perfect fit as 4th offensive option behind Wembanyama, that PG and Vassell. If Spurs want to go with a PG that will just set up the offense like Tre Jones, they might want to go after another kind of SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Been replaying Kentucky games and man, does Rob sit for long stretches. I think a lot of it is because of foul trouble and being in foul trouble is usually the mark of a terrible defender. Kawhi, for example, didn’t foul much during his rookie year not because he didn’t play physical defense but because he had a lot of awareness on that end. Hopefully it’s not a chronic thing for Rob, just as it was with Lonnie’s excruciating out-of-bounds plays.

Thread Information