Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree with Risacher and Dillingham. That would be the ideal picks. And neither taking top 3 money? Perfect situation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good except for what if Spurs take a wing then Topic, Dilly, Sheppard go 5-7?

Seems we need to go ahead and pocket one of those Gs to be safe.

Then, we are choosing between Buzelis, Castle, Holland, Williams, Knecht at 8. Only one of whom could go at 7.

Now, if you can convince me that there is zero chance that those 3 Gs go 5-7, I would believe we can take a wing at 4 rather than a G.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how Clingan to Houston makes much sense. Why would they want to pull Sengun away from the basket?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To my eyes…

dillingham and buzelis are the two best players for this spurs team…

or

trade both for an all star

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Washington taking Clingan, my guess is they take a big swing. Right now I'm leaning Sarr (unlikely to be there, but still), Buzelis or Topic. The last 2 have great positional size and display very good ball handling and playmaking skills, both need to work on their shooting but their form isn't terrible and there are some positive indicators (FT% for Topic, HS shooting splits for Buzelis). If anyone is high on Clingan (Houston?) they likely trade down, so I wouldn't assume one of the 3 picks above the Spurs are used on him.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice write up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp Copying my thoughts from the lottery thread tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Washington taking Clingan, my guess is they take a big swing. Right now I'm leaning Sarr (unlikely to be there, but still), Buzelis or Topic. The last 2 have great positional size and display very good ball handling and playmaking skills, both need to work on their shooting but their form isn't terrible and there are some positive indicators (FT% for Topic, HS shooting splits for Buzelis). If anyone is high on Clingan (Houston?) they likely trade down, so I wouldn't assume one of the 3 picks above the Spurs are used on him.
    I would like to think Clingan will at least go top 7. Which reinforces my belief we should take the best G at 4, then hopefully a SF on the taller side at 8. Buzelis or Williams, which aligns with Timvp’s big board 1.0 quite well actually. Being that he was much higher on Williams than most. Knecht and Castle see more roster fit issues since Vassell is our SG and those two are smaller to play SF. Holland has question marks, especially shooting, albeit prototypical SF size at least.

One issue I see us needing to address is PF, but that could wait until 25 draft and we get by with Sochan, Barlow, and Mamu there for one more season. I actually only like Sochan at PF in small ball lineups, SF otherwise. But having another legit 6-8 SF aids roster flexibility in seeking more postionless-capable players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff here. Thanks for the writeup. What I'd personally like to see is a trade with OKC. I think Giddy would be a better choice than the guys in the draft because he's had a few years in the league, he would be ready to start day 1, and still fits the age timeline. He doesn't fit in OKC and they've been trying to force him into the 3 to play alongside SGA and Williams, but it doesn't work. He's too good to be their backup and his biggest weakness (defense) could be covered up by Wemby.

The question is what would OKC want? Something like 4 and Trey for Giddy and 12 gives them a good backup guard and moves them up 8 spots all for a guy who seems pretty expendable. I think that they would prefer Keldon since he would be a better fit on their roster and is a win now player. If that was the case maybe Keldon and 8 for Giddy and 12.

Either way I think Giddy is the way to go. Tons of potential, pass first, pick and roll nightmare with Wemby. He is basically what they hope Topic will be in 3 years (but with admittedly worse defense). He's much more coachable than Young and would be a lot cheaper. Just my opinion though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clingan makes a lot of sense for WAS, arguably more so than Topic. They literally don’t have a center. At point, at least they have Tyus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how Clingan to Houston makes much sense. Why would they want to pull Sengun away from the basket?
    Cosign. I've been saying the same thing while reading all these mocks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clingan makes a lot of sense for WAS, arguably more so than Topic. They literally don’t have a center. At point, at least they have Tyus.
    You're thinking next season, they're not. By the time they're done tanking, probably only Coulibaly and Avdija are still on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the write up. It’s the best that Spurs could hope for without the price of a top pick. The only downside is the Hawks getting #1, but them going top 6 pushed Tor out, so it could be a necessarily evil. The combine and individual workouts would play a huge part. I’m sure everybody would love to play their career alongside Wemby. I’m hoping other players would force their way to Spurs, and that’s even a good problem. It’s going to be a busy Summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like Clingan at all, he got wrecked by Edey. Doesn’t space the floor at all. Most of the same flaws as Edey gets dinged for, minus the post up game. A bit more mobile yes, but not someone I see stepping out to guard the 3 point line. Clingan’s presence in the draft as a high potential pick is the best thing I see about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we can get 2 among Risacher, Matas, Topic, Castle, Dilly, Sheppard. I got my fingers crossed we get Risacher, but among the guards the one that interests me is Sheppard. Kid is pesky on D (not really a stopper though, more along the lines of a Patty Mills), and has 3pt shooting. Question is, is he closer to Jimmer, or Curry? Seems like a good comps, for both best and worse case scenario. ALSO, I don’t really watch college bball, so pardon me for the ignorance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good except for what if Spurs take a wing then Topic, Dilly, Sheppard go 5-7?

Seems we need to go ahead and pocket one of those Gs to be safe.

Then, we are choosing between Buzelis, Castle, Holland, Williams, Knecht at 8. Only one of whom could go at 7.

Now, if you can convince me that there is zero chance that those 3 Gs go 5-7, I would believe we can take a wing at 4 rather than a G.
    Very unlikely.

#5 is Detroit. They have Cade and Ivey, they won't draft a PG. Buzellis to the Pistons is one of the most common picks in all mocks.

#6 Hornets. Lamello.

#7 Blazers. Scoot, Sharpe and Simmons. They aren't getting a PG.

It is very likely that, at least, 2 of Dilly, Sheppard and Topic are available at #8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be very surprised to see Clingan get nabbed by Washington OR Houston. Canvassing the Washington boards, they are heavily into a point - likely Topic - and Clingan would just get in Sengun's way. Houston badly needs shooting. I see the Rockets taking either Risacher or Sheppard. Sheppard feels like a great fit next to a big guard like Amen.

My outside bet right now for the Spurs is Buzelis. I realize his shooting really disappointed, but Ignite was a horrible environment for all their players. He was a good shooter in high school. He has the size, the speed and agility, and skillset that could help slot into the starting lineup. I hope they don't go for Risacher. Simply too limited a player this high.

Then it's to see who is there at 8. If the top four go Sarr-Topic-(Risacher/Sheppard)-Buzelis, then at 8 there will be a Castle, Sheppard, or Dillingham left. I don't think DET-CHA-POR will take Dillingham at all. I'm not sure the Spurs would, either, but if he tops out as a super bench scorer and not a starter, taking him at 8 is much more palatable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're thinking next season, they're not. By the time they're done tanking, probably only Coulibaly and Avdija are still on the team.
    Would love to send #8, a couple seconds, and Tre to Washington for Coulibaly. Along with Wemby and Cissoko you've got 3 Frenchies right there.

Make this a French Connection team. Add in the potential draft of Sarr , Risacher, or Salaun and perhaps a play for Ousmane Dieng from OKC.
    Last edited by offset formation; 1 Week Ago at 11:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp Copying my thoughts from the lottery thread tbh
    Were your thoughts random?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think landing two top ten selections this year just sealed at least two, but probably three current roster players are gone. Lots of possibilities depending on how they see the roster shaping around Wemby but...

I see Keldon, Branham, Tre, and Collins as 3 of the 4 most likely to get moved as they have the best current trade value.

Or maybe they go with Graham, Bassey, and Champagnie instead since all those 3 are on expiring non fully-guaranteed contracts. Or perhaps it means some combination of the above and one of Cedi or Sandro aren't brought back because neither is under contract.

Interesting times ahead for PATFO.

I hope they don't keep any malcontents around though like Rudy Gay evidently was though, if any exist on this current roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can definitely see the Spurs bringing 18 contracts into camp and figuring it out from there. Plenty of non-guaranteed deals on this roster or guys who are easy enough to move off of (Branham, Wesley) if they are clearly beaten out by someone else. I'm not overly concerned about a roster logjam, the back half of the roster isn't talented enough to worry about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Atlanta trading down and take Castle while also trading Murray

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very unlikely.

#5 is Detroit. They have Cade and Ivey, they won't draft a PG. Buzellis to the Pistons is one of the most common picks in all mocks.

#6 Hornets. Lamello.

#7 Blazers. Scoot, Sharpe and Simmons. They aren't getting a PG.

It is very likely that, at least, 2 of Dilly, Sheppard and Topic are available at #8.
    This. Refreshing to see brains actually post. The idiots saying take a point with 4 have no clue. I think at 4 we have to target risacher or Matas B. I hope we get shep or dilly at 8 then. Either will be great. Don’t want topic. He has bust all over him. Can’t shoot or jump. I would rather take Castle as PG.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one has an idea, what the Hawks are going to do and I think they don't either.
    I can see them exploring deals around the #1 pick, would be bad business if the didn't.
    in a theoretically scenario they might try to solve their back court issues and get a win now player.
    but yes, if they just use the pick, that would likely be Sarr, he is an upgrade to Capela, even if he doesn't reach a best case scenario.

Wizards will likely pick a guard, if it's Topic, that's fine with me. but maybe they reach for Castle?
    they had the worst defense in the league (or one of the worst, however you look at it), so adressing that issue isn't without reason.
    Castle is the only higher ranked guard, who is projected as a good to very good defender in the NBA.

Rockets might also explore trade options around the pick. if they use it, I can't see them use it on a forward.
    considering the uncertainty around Adams they might think Clingan, but a #3 pick for a back up seems much to high.
    so they might go for a guard as well.

this all opens a good chance that Risacher will be there for pick #4. if he is, I'm pretty sure they pick him. would be a good situation for him, not having the burden of a top 3 selection.

so the other pick will be a guard. my favorite at this spot is McCain, but yes, I can see that there are (or will be) several other options.
    I think not all three of Pistons, Blazers, Hornets will pick guards, they will look at Cody Williams, Buzelis and Holland, so there will be plenty of options for the Spurs.
    there are for sure reasonable scenarios, where either Dillingham, Sheppard, Castle and McCain are available for the 8th pick.

Thread Information