Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta getting #1 pick would make those FRP’s not as good, compared to if they stayed at top 10 tbh. If Sarr pans out, he’s a big target for Trae and makes Hawks better. Plus the emergence of Jalen Johnson as mobile big. Those unprotected FRP’s may not be lottery picks tbh. Yup that’s the worst thing Hawks getting top pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL- Saar
    Was- Dilly
    Hous- Sheppard
    Spurs- Risacher
    Detroit- Clingan
    Charlotte- Castle
    Portland- Williams
    Spurs- Topic
    Memphis- Holland
    Utah- Buz
    Classic spurs way!! drafting international players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year, once the first 3 balls had been picked, 6 of the remaining 11 would have sent Victor to the Wizards. Only 1 of those 11 balls would give the Spurs the #1 pick and sure enough it came up.

Having big numbers like 10 and 14 makes it much more likely that teams lower in the lottery order like the Hawks and Rockets move up.

I'm guessing the last ball was something like 11 or 12.
    C'mon you know them weighted balls were rigged for us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but none of these guards is a must have prospect.
    Topic can't shoot or defend, Dillingham doesn't have NBA body and is an even worse defender. Castle can't shoot at all. Sheppard isn't an actual point guard who can run an offense.

Scoot was a way better prospect and struggled a lot.
    If I'm picking someone who's got high bust potential, I'd rather get an athletic wing who could become a solid role player.
    All these point guards will be out of the league real soon if they don't live up to their best case scenario potential.
    Scoot was HYPED more, but if you paid attention,he couldn’t shoot, and in a league with virtually no shot blockers, he couldn’t finish. There are a group of posters here who didn’t buy the hype, and weren’t at all surprised with his struggles. His 0-3 foot FG% this year was a putrid 50%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta getting #1 pick would make those FRP’s not as good, compared to if they stayed at top 10 tbh. If Sarr pans out, he’s a big target for Trae and makes Hawks better. Plus the emergence of Jalen Johnson as mobile big. Those unprotected FRP’s may not be lottery picks tbh. Yup that’s the worst thing Hawks getting top pick.
    Doesn’t matter. They already have an elite lob threat, who they’re now going to have to offload, and they finished in the lottery. They don’t suck because Trae has no one to lob to.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t matter. They already have an elite lob threat, who they’re now going to have to offload, and they finished in the lottery. They don’t suck because Trae has no one to lob to.
    Wow I actually agree with you on some Trae Young related.

Sarr won’t positively impact winning this season no matter who drafts him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta: Sarr
    Wizards: Zack
    Houston: Clingan (ume really wants a defensive center)

so Spurs will get their choice of guard and probably Cody Williams at eight.
    Doesnt that create an issue with featuring Sengun? I guess they can afford getting a solid player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wouldn't be terrible. Getting good shooting at least. I wish I had more faith in being able to make Williams or Holland into NBA players.
    Do t want that 25 yo late development whiteboy. Rather have Salaun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarr would at least improve ATL's defense though as Capela has fallen off a cliff there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Atlanta takes Sarr, in the immediate term they're essentially just getting a younger Capela. Sarr may have potential to develop into more, but it won't be in year or probably even in year 2. I'm not too worried about the immediate impact on the 25 pick until Atlanta makes other moves to improve.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really think anyone in this draft class can have a big enough impact to make a difference in Atl's season next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Dillingham or Risacher at 4 no Sheppard please

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlants should take Sarr, and rebuild, but they dont have picks, so they may not take him at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic and Risacher let’s goooo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlants should take Sarr, and rebuild, but they dont have picks, so they may not take him at all.
    They dont need to rebuild.. getting sarr and kaeeping trae would be the beat case scenario for them

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is they still offload one of Trae or Dejounte and try and rebuild with the other + Sarr.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do t want that 25 yo late development whiteboy. Rather have Salaun
    You mean "no development." It would be WYSIWYG. I have to squint to see Salaun's making it as well, but I wouldn't really have a problem with the pick either. I have to adjust my perceptions for what these picks can get this time around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarr is a big target for Trae, plus his rim defense, on top of DJ help defense. I’d draft Sarr if I were Hawks.
    yep but just imagine how much smarter it would be to trade Trae for the big elite guy they need (and more) and replace him by a younger and maybe better and CHEAPER version?

I might just be jinxing subconsiously but I think Dilli could be the best talent of this draft (recently saw a clip of him eating the Thomson brothers a year ago, he's 2y younger!)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Draft Combine and individual workouts will be huge. I’m hoping Spurs scouts will do their diligence. No more Josh Primo, Samanic, and Joe Dirt (already forgot his name) all performed well at the Combine and falling short.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really think anyone in this draft class can have a big enough impact to make a difference in Atl's season next year.
    The exact reason that this is a good draft to get a high pick, and still be positioned to pick high next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic and Risacher let’s goooo
    Risacher and Topic could very well be Spurs picks. Wemby/Topic/Risacher international players like the Big 3

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already got Wemby. These picks are icing!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The exact reason that this is a good draft to get a high pick, and still be positioned to pick high next year.
    I was thinking the same thing as most of these picks are going to be in G League for the majority of there first year so no impact on current teams. I am pretty sure that next year lotto will be very similar to this one barring the Atlanta crazily getting the first pick...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty great result for us. As said, I wasn't enamored with the top 3 picks. Getting the TOR pick is nice gravy. We need the help and there will be a good player there.

ATL - I'm not too bothered by them getting Sarr (maybe). If anything, the pick may make them think they can stay pat, which will just keep them bad. Still think they need to get rid of Murray.

HOU - This is the bad one. They have so much talent. A strong center like Clingan or a good shooter will work to round them off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is the basketball prospect version of Penix Jr? Buy that bro a ticket to Atl rn.

Thread Information