Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a fair argument but the counter argument is that when you suck you don’t draft out of need. You go with the best prospect and work out the roster logistics later.
    Yeah, but none of these guards is a must have prospect.
    Topic can't shoot or defend, Dillingham doesn't have NBA body and is an even worse defender. Castle can't shoot at all. Sheppard isn't an actual point guard who can run an offense.

Scoot was a way better prospect and struggled a lot.
    If I'm picking someone who's got high bust potential, I'd rather get an athletic wing who could become a solid role player.
    All these point guards will be out of the league real soon if they don't live up to their best case scenario potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look strictly at the post positions, the Spurs get #5 and nothing more (since Toronto gets #6).

Getting #4 and #8 ain't bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs getting that tor pick is fckn gravy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a fair argument but the counter argument is that when you suck you don’t draft out of need. You go with the best prospect and work out the roster logistics later.
    Last year Charlotte didn't pick Scoot who was considered the better player at the time. They made the right choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Masai

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy mothers day ST, make sure to tell your mothers you love them.

Also, LETS GO! 4 and 8! DILLINGHAM AND BUZELIS ARE SPURS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather Wizards taking Risacher than Rockets getting him. I’m starting to hate Rockets more and more, and Ime making them better makes it worst.
    yup. hope he stays out of Houston. Houston and OKC already set to give spurs problems in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did the spurs got tor pick? Tor wasnt called before 6th pick actually it was spurs got the 8th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those concerned about salary cap implications of lottery picks: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cba/rookie-scale/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did the spurs got tor pick? Tor wasnt called before 6th pick actually it was spurs got the 8th pick
    It said "via Toronto" at the bottom of that card. Same goes for Rockets getting the Nets pick and Blazers getting Warriors pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wild lottery. I guess Dillingham and one of the wings are in play.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sure was nice of Toronto to tank the 2nd half of the season to give us a better draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 8th pick was actually Toronto's, they messed up the reveal by not saying it was the Spurs VIA Toronto (like they didn't say Houston's pick at #3 was actually Brooklyn's).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading is hard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta and Washington swapped picks, Sarr makes more sense for Washington and Risacher for Atlanta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great lottery for spurs.

A better result for Spurs would have been getting #1/#2/#3 + the Raptors' pick or #4 + #7.

These outcomes represented 21% of the possible ones. There was 77% of worst outcomes for Spurs.

We got pretty lucky (provided you wanted Raptors' pick this year).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with LeBowen here that wing is the smart choice at #4 (though I'm also biased in that I believe we should double up on wings here).

Especially if Risacher goes top 3, take your favorite wing because a run on them will begin. In this case, I take Matas. If Dilly falls to 8 great, though I still might prefer Holland with that pick.

Some immediate thoughts ahead of us:

• Atlanta getting #1 is fascinating and really alters the complexion of this offseason. Do they stick with Trae and DJM, or do they still look to move one? For us, it might be best if they take Sarr and decide to run it back. I don't think Sarr will have a huge immediate impact in the W/L column so it should put ATL back in the lottery. On the flip side, this might be the opportunity that Atlanta needs to really retool. They could move one of Trae or DJM and build a more coherent roster around the player that is left and their new #1 pick. Trading DJM probably gives them more options to bring back useful players. But does Atlanta even take Sarr? He seems like the best fit here, but do they perhaps like Clingan more? Or do the try to move on from Hunter and Bey and look at Risacher as an ideal fit next to Jalen Johnson?
    • What will Washington do?!? Yeah, they "need everything" but they have quite the glut of wings. Deni, Kispert, Bilal, Kuzma. If they like those guys, Risacher might not be the direction they want to go. Their favorite PG *or* Clingan (or Sarr if Atlanta goes another direction) seem to make the most sense. From my personal agenda, I hope they fall in love with and take Topic.
    • Houston... wow. A lot here might depend on if they view Amen as a PG or a wing. Would they take a guy like Clingan and move Sengun to PF? They are loaded with wing depth already. Brooks, Jabari, Whitmore, Eason, Amen if they view him as a wing... My guess is they probably feel like they want to commit to Green (and I think he has shown enough up to now to do so)... so backup off-guard seems like a bad play. PG? Definitely makes sense with FVV entering the last year of his deal. Houston may look at an opportunity to consolidate some of their young talent and this pick and get a win-now veteran. Back to looking at Bridges? Khris Middleton? Maybe big S&T for Paul George? This might be the kind of scenario that Ainge would love to exploit in a deal for Lauri... this is really fascinating to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh sorry didnt see because i was got intense.lol

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather not.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wouldn't be terrible. Getting good shooting at least. I wish I had more faith in being able to make Williams or Holland into NBA players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a great outcome for the spurs tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL- Saar
    Was- Dilly
    Hous- Sheppard
    Spurs- Risacher
    Detroit- Clingan
    Charlotte- Castle
    Portland- Williams
    Spurs- Topic
    Memphis- Holland