Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John B had the idea of acquiring DJ in a 3 team trade. Here's my fist shot at it off the cuff.

Atlanta- Jerami Grant + 3 2nds from SA

Portland- KJ, Zollins, Graham + Chi 1st + Spurs 2027 1st

Spurs- DJ + Brogdon + Kobe Bufkin

This lets Atl trade DJ for a player instead of picks which would have poor optics because of the price they paid for DJ. The 2nds they can sell as capital to use in future moves.

Portland gets off long-term money on an older player. Zollins gives depth if they move Ayton and they know him better than anyone.

Spurs get a starting PG and combo guard and a young piece to develop. We probably need to move Wesley or Branham, but that shouldn't be difficult.

So, what's your best 3 team trade here?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland gets off long-term money on an older player. Zollins gives depth if they move Ayton and they know him better than anyone.
    The problem is that they need to get rid of short-term money. Right now they're at $165M for the next season.
    Getting rid of Brogdon and Grant puts them at 113M.
    Adding just Keldon and Zollins would be 36M, so they're back at 149M and well over the cap, even without Graham.

I don't want Brogdon, tbh. Always injured and supposedly a bad teammate.
    I'd reduce the Spurs bit to just Keldon+Chicago+seconds as outgoing and DJ as incoming.
    Then we get rid of Zollins somewhere else.

But then that looks like a steal for DJ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is that they need to get rid of short-term money. Right at $165M for the next season.
    Getting rid of Brogdon and Grant puts them at 113M.
    Adding just Keldon and Zollins would be 36M, so they're back at 149M and well over the cap, even without Graham.

I'd reduce the Spurs bit to just Keldon+Chicago+seconds as outgoing and DJ as incoming.

I think it looks like a fair price for DJ... basically 2 firsts + KJ (who's worth a late 1st). He won't bring more than that. Atl just has to decide if Grant is worth that haul instead of taking it directly. As for Portland and the money issues, it may be hard for them to shed that money anyway by next year. This lowers their long-term capital outlay and gives them the opportunity to cut a little next year if they can buyout Graham and/or move Ayton in a lopsided deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not a fan of as lot of these players we've been rebuilding the team the culture agagain etc. so I wouldn't want D-Lo at all and least of all KD. He puts up great numbers he a great player but lacks something greater. Might sound harsh but he could win on OKC at their peak joined the warriors where he did win but they were built to win and I feel won more because of the rest of the team not KD. Nets no suns no it's almost as if every team he's on he actually destroys. Just look at all the teams he's been on they fall apart he bolts. I'm not a fan ever of having him on my team. Won't deny he is a great player but he is missing and always has been missing something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Murray has to be a 3 team trade for the Spurs to get him, but as I've said, it does have to be a different structure than a lesser version of the trade they already made.

That probably means the Hawks wanting someone higher up in the lottery and the Spurs not being as enamored and willing to move down (which would obviously be easier if the Craptors 1st conveys).

Add that to Johnson and whatever other draft capital and it becomes an easier sell/spin for the Hawks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John B had the idea of acquiring DJ in a 3 team trade. Here's my fist shot at it off the cuff.

Atlanta- Jerami Grant + 3 2nds from SA

Portland- KJ, Zollins, Graham + Chi 1st + Spurs 2027 1st

Spurs- DJ + Brogdon + Kobe Bufkin

This lets Atl trade DJ for a player instead of picks which would have poor optics because of the price they paid for DJ. The 2nds they can sell as capital to use in future moves.

Spurs get a starting PG and combo guard and a young piece to develop. We probably need to move Wesley or Branham, but that shouldn't be difficult.

So, what's your best 3 team trade here?
    My initial reaction is that this overvalues Jerami Grant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My initial reaction is that this overvalues Jerami Grant.
    That's quite possible.... I don't have a great feel for his value around the league. His numbers looked pretty good if you take a cursory look, but I haven't looked at his advanced numbers..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be difficult to trade for a starter that won't cost a lot in salary, decent spurs players or picks or combination of all three. I also don't think that just drafting young players will get you very far. It will take time (even with Wemby our record didn't go up at all - but that was probably for other reasons). Instead in this so so draft, we should aim for replacing our second unit. We have a few decent players, but most could easily be replaced. Unless we get a top two pick we need to set our sights on a trade or two to replace some of our weaker players who sometimes start but really should be second or third teamers or just plain cut. Even if we draft just a role player, its probably better than what we currently have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously I think the spurs will want flexibility, but I wonder what will be more important to the them, Draft capital or cap flexibility with building the team. I personally feel our draft capital is more important then keeping our cap space cleared up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously I think the spurs will want flexibility, but I wonder what will be more important to the them, Draft capital or cap flexibility with building the team. I personally feel our draft capital is more important then keeping our cap space cleared up.
    Fully agree which is why this will be a very interesting draft/offseason for the Spurs and what they do. Don't want to repeat what I already posted on other threads, but I think unless they really love a prospect in this draft, they may trade out in some way to gain more draft capital for next year or current NBA player acquisitions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donny Mitc
    Lebron
    Wemby
    Siakim
    Vassell learned how to pass. Or any guard with those 4 FFS.

sniffin. Need some bench depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

After giving 3 FRPS and a swap for Murray, I guess indeed they don't pick up the phone for Keldon and CHI.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta- Jerami Grant + 3 2nds from SA + Bufkin

Portland- KJ, Zollins, Graham + Chi 1st + Spurs 2027 1st + high 2rd spurs 2024

Spurs- DJ + Brogdon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta is not trading DJ or Young to Spurs for anything less than getting most of their pick back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ on Twitter today, POP really the GREATEST!!! �� Can’t nobody come between our pond!!! (Black heart)

confirmed return lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is with the obsession people have with wanting Brogdon dude is made of glass. Most games he ever played in was 75 in his rookie campaign. He'll be 32 in December and has only played in 60 games once in the last 5 seasons.

Why people are always proposing trades for an aging injury prone combo guard is beyond me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ on Twitter today, POP really the GREATEST!!! �� Can’t nobody come between our pond!!! (Black heart)

confirmed return lol
    prodigal son returns tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as referenced above

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird to me that DJ would follow that weird as Spurs Culture account

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prodigal Son Returns Tbh
    Fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ for the first third of Wemby’s career while grooming Reed Sheppard for the second third is the most ideal plan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is with the obsession people have with wanting Brogdon dude is made of glass. Most games he ever played in was 75 in his rookie campaign. He'll be 32 in December and has only played in 60 games once in the last 5 seasons.

Why people are always proposing trades for an aging injury prone combo guard is beyond me
    He also from my memory had a bad locker room rep. Teammates didn't shed any tears for him as he left, and it's been a few teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Hawks: Spurs '24 1st, Hawks '26 1st (via Spurs), Johnson, Bertans, multiple Hornets 2nds

To Hornets: Hunter

To Spurs: Murray, Hawks '24 1st

Obviously, the viability would come down to the Hawks and Spurs swapping 1sts and would be dependent on the former targeting a specific player who won't be available at their pick and the Spurs not being enamored with those available at their own and being able to get their preferred option later.

If necessary, the Hornets 1st could also be utilized.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Hawks: Spurs '24 1st, Hawks '26 1st (via Spurs), Johnson, Bertans, multiple Hornets 2nds

To Hornets: Hunter

To Spurs: Murray, Hawks '24 1st

Obviously, the viability would come down to the Hawks and Spurs swapping 1sts and would be dependent on the former targeting a specific player who won't be available at their pick and the Spurs not being enamored with those available at their own and being able to get their preferred option later.

If necessary, the Hornets 1st could also be utilized.
    On the 26 Hawks 1st, are you simply nullifying the swap or giving them our 1st?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta is not trading DJ or Young to Spurs for anything less than getting most of their pick back
    Best to keep all those Atlanta picks. They could turn into the second superstar player the Spurs need they won't get in this draft or already have on the roster.

Thread Information