View Poll Results: Abortion Restriction (Federal)

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ban all abortions (life begins at conception)

0 0%
  • 5-15 Weeks

1 16.67%
  • 15-25 Weeks

4 66.67%
  • 25-35 Weeks

1 16.67%
  • No restriction on abortion, up to (or just after) birth

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just one example. We have religious zealots not only banning the procedure at any time, but also without exceptions. That's not a compromise.
    That's a fringe opinion and could never be enacted into law. Sadly, Texas got damn close.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the whole premise of looking at abortions as a supply issue and not a demand issue is why we dont get anywhere

its not a matter of why its legal at what point. the more poignant question is why do people need abortions at those stages.

people have to get early term abortions often because they failed to use contraception, used it incorrectly, or in a fringe minority of cases, they used it properly and it simply failed. its more important to figure out why we have such a high demand for abortions and how we can address that, rather than asking how we can legally limit people's ability to get them. do we have adequate sex ed? is contraception encouraged enough? should health insurance automatically provide for contraception?

and then same for later term abortions. why does anybody ever need abortions in those later months? is it because they didnt have basic levels of prenatal care? didnt detect the pregnancy until later because they have for sex ed? didnt get basic genetic screening done because of the cost, and only detected an issue later? then we should address those to make it so people dont get into that position nearly as often
    I've said it before but conservatives don't want to address the pregnancy issue because they see things like free condoms / contraception as encouraging casual sex, and they fundamentally don't want people having sex unless they're married.

Some of that is religious, some of that is just plain incel jealousy.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only having exceptions for the mother's life is how we get laws like Texas has now where a woman has to be on the knife edge of death to get a medically necessary abolition since doctors here are scared less by the Texas GOP.
    Exactly. It's still supposedly "small government" conservatives wanting to enact a bunch of government red tape on medical decisions that require quick solutions.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a fringe opinion and could never be enacted into law. Sadly, Texas got damn close.
    It's in practice right now in Texas through intimidation by the Texas GOP even if it's not the exact letter of the law where they carved out that tiniest of exceptions.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    “Could never get enacted into law”

”the Texas politicians I voted for enacted it into law”

In literally the same post

Truly remarkable cognitive dissonance.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

He thinks he is truly trying to scrape off his current political party leadership.

He really thinks we should, at least give him a cookie.

Another example of things that don’t work.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Oh wow look at that, pro-lifers no longer believe that abortion should be “left up to the states”

Some Bible thumper group is trying to challenge Michigan’s abortion referendum by seeking courts to establish fetal personhood
    https://rtl.org/rlm-legal-challenge-prop3/

This is why abortion is going to remain a prominent issue for a long time. Republicans can’t simply take the L and move on.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Only having exceptions for the mother's life is how we get laws like Texas has now where a woman has to be on the knife edge of death to get a medically necessary abortion since doctors here are scared less by the Texas GOP.
    CC is just willfully refusing to address this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it can be. Under the current framework of "states decide" there's literally no limit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

off.

I vote in western Guadalupe County and voted for the Democrat Senator.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 11-10-2023 at 07:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC is just willfully refusing to address this
    Again, off. I totally disagree with Texas's abortion laws.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    off.

I vote in western Guadalupe County and voted for the Democrat Senator.
    What about the state house? The governor? The state Supreme Court justices who interpret the law?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not religious but I can respect someone who is. That said, this country is supposed to be secular and equal under the law. If you're religious, don't have an abortion. Pretty simple. Someone else's religion shouldn't be involved here at all, obviously. If anyone's going to , it's the person doing the abortions and/or using it as BC or whatever your particular doctrine is.

Okay here's the real facts though: if my daughter needed an abortion, I'd want someone to be able to do it safely and without worrying about the government sending her or her doctors to jail. Why are conservatives big government on abortion? Morally wrong doesn't = illegal. Making a profit is morally wrong, distilled down. In fact, Jesus said to give away your money. It's a bit of a disconnect tbh.

Thread Information