Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree 100%. It was less than 3 months ago when anyone suggesting the Spurs should secure a lottery pick and avoid the 10th spot/play in game was declared to have a "loser's mentality" by some on this board. Now, less than 100 days later, the full tank, hope for a 25 win season, and potentially a 14% shot at a #1 pick is the Holy Grail of team management for the future. The Spurs were better three years in a row with DeMar DeRozan off the floor vs DeRozan on the floor, but they stuck with him anyway-- that's the frustrating part of this. Oh well, I wanted Sochan, so I'll just root for him & the rest of the young crew to develop and grow, and we'll see what happens in the next few drafts. Giannis won in his 8th season, so if the Spurs beat the odds and land Wembanyama next summer maybe we're looking at a 2032 championship with a veteran 32 year old Devin Vassell as the elder statesman of the team.
    There is a difference between wanting to lose and not being good enough to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a difference between wanting to lose and not being good enough to win.

It would've been a simple case of resting the better players and giving the younger players more run and experience... the exact same strategy that is being put in place for next season, except replace "resting" with "trading," especially if the reports on Poeltl are true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would've been a simple case of resting the better players and giving the younger players more run and experience... the exact same strategy that is being put in place for next season, except replace "resting" with "trading," especially if the reports on Poeltl are true.
    Our better players were the youngsters. We were even starting the youngest player in the league by the end. What more did you want?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ intro presser at 2:30pm eastern on NBA TV….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t be watching this presser and not tell me they fked up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No love lost here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No love lost here

bruh, we hd to do it. Kd was all but going to atlanta

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bruh, we hd to do it. Kd was all but going to atlanta
    Yeah, just it sucks not to be the preferred team. I mean DW was shocked at being moved. He thought he was gonna play his whole career in SA, thinking he’s not wanted. While DJ’s all giddy, talking 2-3 weeks planning with Trae, excited. “Spurs for life” Fck that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, just it sucks not to be the preferred team. I mean DW was shocked at being moved. He thought he was gonna play his whole career in SA, thinking he’s not wanted. While DJ’s all giddy, talking 2-3 weeks planning with Trae, excited. “Spurs for life” Fck that
    it took the sours a while after kawhi to realize they sucked. Pray we get #1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you really must be a Star Wars fan. Wright said he talked to DJ and his agent throughout the whole process, so obviously he was talking to Trae after Wright told him he had a trade offer. Out of those options ATL was clearly DJ's preferred destination. DJ even said he hopes to play his entire career here. I guess you just can't convince paranoid Spurs fans to make up their own stories and run with it. "He asked for a trade" "he kicked Pop in the nuts in the locker room" the level of idiocy on this topic is ridiculous

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/chase_shannon/st...44365424906240
    Dejounte on whether he requested a trade:
    - Reporter: "You said it was mutual"
    DM: "Yeah, it was both sides. San Antonio is a great organization, a family forever for me and my family . They're in a rebuilding stage, and they want to see me in a bigger stage, I want to see myself on a bigger stage, which is winning, I'm pretty sure that's what they want to do, I know that's what they want to do, the Spurs organization speaks for itself, but just right now they didn't want to see me just waste years of rebuilding and stuff, they want to see me win and just the best for Dejounte, so I thank them for that a lot. And that's what makes our relationship special, and family forever"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are just a player farm for the rest of the league, it’ll be a long time and regime change to get a winning team again. Keldon and Vassell need to start packing their bags so whenever the Suns or Milwaukee come calling they’ll be ready to go. Its like being called up from the a triple A team to the major league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was at hills and dales tonight. Wasn’t with George Hill and Bryn Forbes who were there also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was at hills and dales tonight. Wasn’t with George Hill and Bryn Forbes who were there also.
    Spurs legend Bryn Forbes?

Interesting George Hill would be there. Wouldn’t think he had much of a connection ti SA anymore. Maybe a San Antonio baby momma?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is quite simple.... only shot at a le is by drafting a new Duncan so you do deals that maximize those odds. not sure what SFs are whinning about.. Victor is worth it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs legend Bryn Forbes?

Interesting George Hill would be there. Wouldn’t think he had much of a connection ti SA anymore. Maybe a San Antonio baby momma?
    Haha yeah Forbes seems to be a regular there from what I have heard. He was there with his girl I believe. Hill still has a ranch I believe in the area. It was cool to see Murray he wasn’t drinking, he was hanging more at the food truck with a big group surrounding him. I have seen Vassell there a couple of months ago and Spencer Dinwiddle was there Memorial Day weekend apparently. He lives in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte and Keldon playing in pickup game together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trey Felder @TbirdTr3y_10
    13sReplying to @ace3g

Lifetime Fitness at the Rim in San Antonio where my wife works part time. We just left a little while ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile DJM with almost a triple-double last night 20, 9, 9 in a win over Magic. He has scored 20 on both wins, Rockets and Magic, relatively easier schedule. I’m curious if this continues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM with 19 pts on a losingeffort. Hawks was at one point down by 20 at home.

Thread Information