Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought I'd start a thread to keep track of developments. This isn't an official move, but my guess is that it will be one this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy that if Keith Smith is right, Wemby's first extension would dwarf that at $418M/5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy that if Keith Smith is right, Wemby's first extension would dwarf that at $418M/5
    He can thank NBC for coming over the top of TNT’s $1.1B with $2.5B.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that would be for a 35% super max, Wemby's first extension would be a rookie SuperMax (30% with 8% raises) limited to $330/5 if I'm doing my math right.

But then his first Vet SuperMax in 2033-34 would start at $105MM/yr and be a $620MM/5. Wowzas.

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nearly $1 Billion for 10 years of work. Several players that don't really deserve that will get it. Here's to hoping that Wemby outperforms his contract. He may be one the very few with a chance to do so if he continues his meteoric rise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nearly $1 Billion for 10 years of work. Several players that don't really deserve that will get it. Here's to hoping that Wemby outperforms his contract. He may be one the very few with a chance to do so if he continues his meteoric rise.
    It's highly likely Wemby will bring back multiples of that figure's worth to the franchise even before he gets that contract.

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure his presence alone has already added a couple hundred million+ in value to the franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Wemby was already top 5 social media clicks his rookie season.

His visibility is a gold mine for the franchise.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per ESPN's Bobby Marks, that means Dončić is eligible to sign for five years and $346.4 million ($69.3 million per season), which would be the richest contract in NBA history. Gilgeous-Alexander is eligible to sign for four years and $294.3 million ($73.6 million per season).

Edwards and Haliburton are now eligible to sign lucrative extensions to their rookie contracts that would net them each an extra $41 million over the life of the contracts. They were previously eligible to sign five-year extensions starting next season valued at $204.5 million ($40.9 million AAV). Those contracts would now be valued at $245.4 million ($49.1 million AAV) over the life of the extensions.
    seems SGA has a bigger per year contract but why can he not sign for 5 years? I know he was traded his rookie year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure his presence alone has already added a couple hundred million+ in value to the franchise.
    The projections from 2022 after the Mets92/Ignite games were that he would IMMEDIATELY increase the value of his drafting franchise by $500M. Day one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A very long time ago, Babe Ruth signed a contract that gave him a yearly salary that was more than what the President of the country made. That fact seemed incredible to fans. A journalist at the time asked, "do you think it's fair that you're paid more than the President?" and Ruth quipped, "well, I had a better year than he did." Great line. Fast forward a century, and nearly every player on every team makes more than the President, and stars make 100x the presidential salary. The amount of generational wealth being created for the players and their families is phenomenal, but I worry about the sustainability of the league if the planet hits an unexpected economic downturn at any point in the next fifty years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The projections from 2022 after the Mets92/Ignite games were that he would IMMEDIATELY increase the value of his drafting franchise by $500M. Day one.
    I forgot the source (I think SA Express News) but it said that Spurs' franchise value gained 1 Billion just with Wemby's arrival.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should get more for potentially saving the franchise and city tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The increasing revenues is part of why I laugh every time people worry about Keldon or Devin's contracts.
    Those things are going to be bargains very soon and they don't prevent us from doing what we want right now either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The increasing revenues is part of why I laugh every time people worry about Keldon or Devin's contracts.
    Those things are going to be bargains very soon and they don't prevent us from doing what we want right now either.
    They also go down year over year iirc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also go down year over year iirc.
    Yeah that Vassell structure is brilliant. Front loaded while we tanked and with a ~2.5MM dip in the middle of the last 3 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was on board the Chris Paul train last offseason, but not as sure at this point. Feel like he declined quite a bit from the previous season, Tre Jones proved himself as a solid backup PG, and it seems very likely we draft a PG in the lottery next month. Just not loving the idea of giving 20+ minutes a night to CP3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would 100% go for Chris Paul for some reasonable price. He significantly advanced Booker's understanding of the game and his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't stand Chris Paul. One of the dirtiest players in the league, an over-the-top flopper, and seems to leave enemies behind on every team he plays for. Just because a guy is old, that doesn't make him a "mentor." That's the word everyone's throwing around on twitter... no way, keep him as far away from Wemby as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have yet to see a Spurs' related rumour that goes beyond some media guy presenting as info what he believes makes sense. This Chris Paul bit isn't any different IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't stand Chris Paul. One of the dirtiest players in the league, an over-the-top flopper, and seems to leave enemies behind on every team he plays for. Just because a guy is old, that doesn't make him a "mentor." That's the word everyone's throwing around on twitter... no way, keep him as far away from Wemby as possible.
    Dude mentored Booker and SGA. He's a great mentor for young point guards. He just gets on veteran players nerves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It'd be so strange if OG and Immanuel Quickley both went to other teams, and that whole Knicks/Toronto trade winds up amounting to nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have yet to see a Spurs' related rumour that goes beyond some media guy presenting as info what he believes makes sense. This Chris Paul bit isn't any different IMO.
    It's impossible to know before things happen. I mean, I didn't believe the Dejounte to Atlanta rumors at all. And then he was traded.

But some rumors do sound plausible. Spurs having interest in Castle. Plausible. Spurs might be a Paul destination. Plausible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see CP3 coming to play backup at the final stage of his career. But if he does, I wouldn't mind him as a backup and mentor to whatever PG we draft (assuming we do). If Spurs end up trading for a PG I'd rather just keep Tre as the backup

Thread Information