Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Okay, seriously...I'm a person who absolutely LOVES the rain, but damn I just about died on my way to work this morning!

I had to drive all the way to Seguin in the pitch black darkness which is bad enough on it's own...but in the pouring rain?! COME ON! I had to go 50MPH on 90 East. Stupid 18 wheelers are just zoomin by throwin' gallons and gallons of water all over my car to the point I can't see for . Not to mention my lovely POS hydroplanes when there's just one droplet of water on the road, imagine when there's at least 1.5 inches on the road.

Can we just have at least 3 days in a row of no rain? PLEASE! I apologize for the rant but I just HAD to get that out.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I am totally with you....this is really getting old.

Stand-up philosopher CharlieMac's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, I gotta drive to work in Schertz this morning. I don't mess with those 18 wheelers doing 80 in heavy rain.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm with you! And I don't want just three days... I need it to stop raining for a few weeks! The rain has caused damage to my back deck, which has caused damage to the living room/patio door, which Allstate says is "rising water" damage, a.k.a "not covered by your policy", blah, blah, blah. I need it to stop raining long to get someone out here to fix it! Dammit!

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How scary, Ginofan! I got my roof fixed just in time.

There's hope on the horizon. After Monday, it looks pretty quiet.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm glad you made it there okay! Be careful on your way home and on your way over here.

And yes, this damn rain needs to just go away. I hate you rain.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Please be careful. Drivers are stupid.

That being said I refuse to complain about rain ever in the summer in San Antonio because the 100 degrees and drought is just around the corner.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Try to cut those idiots in the 18-wheelers as wide a berth as possible. Some big rig drivers apparently slept through the day in class when they taught speed + rain = jackknife.

We're not all unsafe morons.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    I was in a car accident as a passenger yesterday. My mother in law was driving and messed up her car pretty good. She was pulling out into traffic and this lady slammed into us. Everyone in both parties including children are all ok, but still sucks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

That being said I refuse to complain about rain ever in the summer in San Antonio because the 100 degrees and drought is just around the corner.
    You guys are going to be wishing for rain next week.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    You should have just predicted rain sometime in the past few weeks and it would have been bone dry.

Name
    Jason
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was in a car accident as a passenger yesterday. My mother in law was driving and messed up her car pretty good. She was pulling out into traffic and this lady slammed into us. Everyone in both parties including children are all ok, but still sucks.
    man you can always hold that against your mother in law. every time she "offers" her opinon you can just start saying " oh my neck is starting to hurt"

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

No, I'm pretty sure it'll take at least a month without before that happens. For me, anyway.

At least my CPS bill shouldn't be too bad without the a/c having to work so hard.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

No kidding....Just wait until mid August-September.....their will be those who will be wondering where the rain went.

This could be alot worse....think 1998...I distinctly remember that whole weekend that it NEVER STOPPED raining. At least now we have good breaks in between the storms.

I don't really mind the rain too much.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rain is much better than no rain.

You know the rain is going to stop, but you never know in a drought when/if rain is going to start.

Everybody's yards and plants look great, compared to the disaster of the last two summers.
    Last edited by boutons_; 07-08-2007 at 12:53 PM.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'm with Cheryl, at least we've had a few days off before storms.

The most mad I've been through all of this was on 4th of July. It's pouring rain, and they are taking us off I10 for construction. Well, the access road they took us off too was completely flooded, and it was getting to the point were cars couldn't drive on it. The cops at that intersection didn't know what to do.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    3:50 pm 7/7/07...it is pouring near Bandera and Evers where I live.
    Looks like more on the way:

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's certainly true that my yard went from dead squares of sod to lush and dark green with only a little weed & feed in less than a month without a $100+ water bill ...

Eh, it's depressing not seeing any sunshine for so long. But least I got to go to the grocery store during a break just now.

And 4th of July we had 8 kids with us in a tiny little lake house at Canyon Lake. We finally decided to take them to the *beach* in the rain before we were forced to kill them all, and by the time we got there the rain stopped totally for the rest of the evening. We finally got to shoot off the massive collection of fireworks we'd ac ulated from previous holiday's burn bans and rain.

User did end up having to tow my truck out of the mud, though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I actually want it to rain twice a week for July and August. I hate watering my yard and I don't want to buy a sprinkler system.

I am obviously not the norm here...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rained on me all the way up I-59 to Meridian, MS today.

Mississippians are even worse drivers in the wet stuff. I counted no less than 7 cars and 1 Ryder cube truck spun off in the bar ditch.

Oh and the highlight of the trip was on I-10 just past Beaumont, there was a big wreck on the west bound side that had both lanes of the interstate blocked. Sucked for the peeps in the wreck, but 4 or 5 impatient yin-yangs decided to try driving through the median WHICH HAD PLAINLY VISIBLE STANDING WATER IN IT from all the rain. I almost drove off the road from laughing myself silly. One van with like 8 guys in it was sunk so far in the mud it had water over the hood.

Not only do they get to pay the wrecker bill and the repair costs, they hopefully also got a nice little pink slip of paper from the friendly state troopers who just happened to be on hand in large numbers clearing the wreck.

Keep The Balance IX_Equilibrium's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    THIS SUMMER >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>last summer

I'll take the rain. Last summer's drought, water restrictions, and constant heat was ing miserable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    THIS SUMMER >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>last summer

I'll take the rain. Last summer's drought, water restrictions, and constant heat was ing miserable.
    Not to mention those ing butterflies.

stackin chips breakin ankles AnkleBreaker21's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rain is much better than no rain.

You know the rain is going to stop, but you never know in a drought when/if it's going to start.

Everybody's yards and plants look great, compared to the disaster of the last two summers.
    with all this rain i have to cut the freakin grass like every 4 days

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    All i know is that I prefer cloudy rain cooled days to days in august where the temp is 98 with a billion percent humidity in the shade. Thats .

Name
    Adam Rabel
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    people complain about everything.

too much rain.

too little rain.

too cold.

too hot.