Page 357 of 357 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357
Results 8,901 to 8,909 of 8909
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping Givony is full of here cause the Spurs need to suck again this year (and they likely will). Players improving while still having our sights on the 2025 Draft should be the priority here, not making the playoffs tbh.

Spurs were 13-14 over the last 27, and 7-4 over the last 11, even with the ragtag roster around Victor. They would have to break Victor’s leg to not win 30, with as many teams that will tank next year. Add a couple of vets, and you’re a play in team. If we draft high next year,it will have to be the ATL pick jumping into the top 4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA take Castle at 4 like many expect, I would assume Sheppard would be long gone by 8. If Dillingham is already gone or if people have issues with his slightness of frame, McCain is probably not a bad alternative - he might be the best shooter in the draft, and has one of the highest half-court rim% of all the freshman guards. He is most likely a combo guard at the next level - he is basically CJ McCollum crossed with a fire hydrant, with hidden playmaking upside given his role in high school as well as the fact that he was sharing the court with two pure point guard in Proctor and Roach. Having him as at worst your 3rd guard who gives you much needed shooting while waiting for 2025 for your wings may not be a terrible consolation prize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping Givony is full of here cause the Spurs need to suck again this year (and they likely will). Players improving while still having our sights on the 2025 Draft should be the priority here, not making the playoffs tbh.

I don’t think there’s really any (smart) way for the Spurs to tank this year. Even if we don’t do a single thing in the offseason, VW improving further and the current roster having an offseason to build more chemistry and build off of the (relatively) strong finish to the season…I don’t see us being a bottom 5 team in the league barring a Victor injury. , look at what we did the last 1/4 of the season…we were pretty much playing like a 35-40 win team.

And that’s fine. We will still likely have our own mid-late lottery pick in 2025, + decent potential for another lottery pick from Atlanta + a top 10 protected CHI pick. It’s not like the Spurs trying to not suck this year means we won’t have a chance at getting some serious talent in next year’s draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA take Castle at 4 like many expect, I would assume Sheppard would be long gone by 8. If Dillingham is already gone or if people have issues with his slightness of frame, McCain is probably not a bad alternative - he might be the best shooter in the draft, and has one of the highest half-court rim% of all the freshman guards. He is most likely a combo guard at the next level - he is basically CJ McCollum crossed with a fire hydrant, with hidden playmaking upside given his role in high school as well as the fact that he was sharing the court with two pure point guard in Proctor and Roach. Having him as at worst your 3rd guard who gives you much needed shooting while waiting for 2025 for your wings may not be a terrible consolation prize.
    Why would you assume Reed is gone by then? DET has a glut of PGs, CHA has LaMelo, and POR has a glut of PGs too. I think Spurs coming away with Castle + Reed is very much in play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don‘t worry, as long as we play Zach Collins as our back up Center, which Pop will do to justify his contract, it will make our record worse. We‘ll always lose our leads or be down 10+ with him out there, so the starters with Victor gotta play from behind.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you assume Reed is gone by then? DET has a glut of PGs, CHA has LaMelo, and POR has a glut of PGs too. I think Spurs coming away with Castle + Reed is very much in play.
    I assume Sheppard is going to Houston at 3. If not, he fits perfectly next to either Cade or Lamelo. Honestly, if both Sheppard and Castle are there at 4, I take Sheppard first and hope that between Charlotte's pick and Castle basically trying to direct himself away from Hornets, that you're able to trade up to 6 for Castle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were 13-14 over the last 27, and 7-4 over the last 11, even with the ragtag roster around Victor. They would have to break Victor’s leg to not win 30, with as many teams that will tank next year. Add a couple of vets, and you’re a play in team. If we draft high next year,it will have to be the ATL pick jumping into the top 4.
    Two things the first is most teams were not playing for anything even playoff teams were resting people against us. The second thing not being discussed is that Wemby just played his longest season ever and just after that it he is going straight to practice with the French team. Pretty much it is a given that the French team is going to go deep so I don't know how is body is going to hold up with playing NBA-French Team-NBA season?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume Sheppard is going to Houston at 3. If not, he fits perfectly next to either Cade or Lamelo. Honestly, if both Sheppard and Castle are there at 4, I take Sheppard first and hope that between Charlotte's pick and Castle basically trying to direct himself away from Hornets, that you're able to trade up to 6 for Castle.
    Castle is the more unique player. You take him at 4. Sheppard or Dillingham one or even both will probably still be there at 8. Det- Clingan Charlotte- Williams/ Buzelis/Holland and Portland - Holland/Buzelis/ Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the deal with Salaun getting mocked to us at 8? It’s not like he fills a need. I mean long term, maybe. But in the short term, he’s rawer than a a freshly served salmon sashimi fresh off the coast of Alaska. If we’re going for a position of need, we might as well get Cody Williams at 8 to be the starter at the 3 spot. Thats assuming we pick Castle/Reed/Dilly at 4. Ideally though, I’d pick Risacher at 4 if he was available then whoever is available among those 3 guards at 8.

Thread Information