Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Had to come back to for a few specific reasons, mother got in a car crash and needs another car, work laptop doesn't work so can't remote from anywhere until I get it fixed, bank check came and needs me to deposit it, etc., according to my car it was 100 degrees today and certainly felt like it. 97 officially and all this week and currently forecasted to hit 100 for the first time in 2024 this Saturday.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Also, I don't buy that graph ^ ahead, it shows that global warming ramped up like crazy beginning in around the 1980s, AFTER most of the U.S. factories, steel mills etc. shut down. That , i.e. industry in the U.S., peaked in like the 1940s and 1950s.

If there's any country that's most to blame for the pollution and heavy rise in CO2 it's China tbh. India not far behind.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Also, I don't buy that graph ^ ahead, it shows that global warming ramped up like crazy beginning in around the 1980s, AFTER most of the U.S. factories, steel mills etc. shut down. That , i.e. industry in the U.S., peaked in like the 1940s and 1950s.

If there's any country that's most to blame for the pollution and heavy rise in CO2 it's China tbh. India not far behind.
    So you don't believe it and then use the graph to blame China and India?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    So you don't believe it and then use the graph to blame China and India?
    If the graph is correct, then the USA has always been far greener domestically than India, China, and the rest. Our production peaked in the first half to two thirds of the 20th century, far before that global heat curve went off a cliff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Typical hobbit finger pointing solution

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Never ever per capita ya fkn dolt... And no I am not saying we are good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Theoretically increasing CO2 and global warming would promote the growth of more trees and foliage, and shift the hardiness zones north so where more plant life can survive in more climates. So the trees eat the CO2 and they grow and grow and provide more shade from the hot sun, lowering temperatures on land. The cycle is so powerful it even has natural checks and balances against the evils of humanity.

The only way humans can REALLY up is to ramp up the deforestation, but over the years I've seen more foliage than I ever have. Even in my own front yard and neighborhood. Way more tree branches and leaves than ever before.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Theoretically increasing CO2 and global warming would promote the growth of more trees and foliage, and shift the hardiness zones north so where more plant life can survive in more climates. So the trees eat the CO2 and they grow and grow and provide more shade from the hot sun, lowering temperatures on land. The cycle is so powerful it even has natural checks and balances against the evils of humanity.

The only way humans can REALLY up is to ramp up the deforestation, but over the years I've seen more foliage than I ever have. Even in my own front yard and neighborhood. Way more tree branches and leaves than ever before.
    Humans have already really ed up

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Humans have already really ed up
    One of the main reasons housing prices in the USA have held steady the last couple years as opposed to falling like a rock despite the high interest rates is because of the low supply, i.e. low amount of new building. I bet that's because of the green building limits and regulations against deforestation for new lumber as well as deforestation for new housing developments.

You could always build housing out in the deserts, but summers are scorching hot and in some places winters also quite cold, and supplying water to those areas is going to be a challenge. Also, any CO2 emitted is going directly into the atmosphere rather than much of it being absorbed into the local and regional foliage, which makes a place like Phoenix or Las Vegas much more toxic to the global environment than a place like Detroit or Chicago that's surrounded by trees.

Then on a smaller scale you see amusement parks and major truck stop companies replacing paper towels with air dryers, and having those new eco-soap and water hand washing dispensers that I just hate because I'm not someone that abuses resources but others will and kids especially just don't know what to do.

The USA is definitely making progress, even if the consumer is negatively impacted.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    One of the main reasons housing prices in the USA have held steady the last couple years as opposed to falling like a rock despite the high interest rates is because of the low supply, i.e. low amount of new building. I bet that's because of the green building limits and regulations against deforestation for new lumber as well as deforestation for new housing developments.

You could always build housing out in the deserts, but summers are scorching hot and in some places winters also quite cold, and supplying water to those areas is going to be a challenge.

Then on a smaller scale you see amusement parks and major truck stop companies replacing paper towels with air dryers, and having those new eco-soap and water hand washing dispensers that I just hate because I'm not someone that abuses resources but others will and kids especially just don't know what to do.

The USA is definitely making progress, even if the consumer is negatively impacted.
    Nah it's NIMBYs killing off new building and financial sector parasites buying existing homes up to rent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Nah it's NIMBYs killing off new building and financial sector parasites buying existing homes up to rent.
    There should definitely be a regulated limit on this, at least in terms of single-family homes. They can have as many apartments as they want, but SFHs should stay over 95% in the hands of the end resident.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    As for the NIMBY rich jewish / white "liberal" posh type who will scream at you and cuss you out if their $2500 designer dog can't see their precious lake or river past your parked truck.... they're not the law and they're on the wrong side of the law. Everyone except their inner social circle hates them and their dirty and/or inherited money and it's time for the government to do their job and proceed with what's best for the overall consumer and not posh rich folks even if they're part of the lobbyist, big donor class.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    As for the NIMBY rich jewish / white "liberal" posh type who will scream at you and cuss you out if their $2500 designer dog can't see their precious lake or river past your parked truck.... they're not the law and they're on the wrong side of the law. Everyone except their inner social circle hates them and their dirty and/or inherited money and it's time for the government to do their job and proceed with what's best for the overall consumer and not posh rich folks even if they're part of the lobbyist, big donor class.
    Liberals are assholes for sure, hate that the left has to ride with them since we have two right wing parties in this nation.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Liberals are assholes for sure, hate that the left has to ride with them since we have two right wing parties in this nation.
    I wouldn't say all liberals are assholes, just the bigdonor rich snob liberal-voter types and then the culturally marxist extremists. Not every liberal or democrat voter on Main street is an asshole. Some of them are fairly decent if they're not extremist left or paid off by shills. Just like some conservative leaners and GOP-voters are decent, the "good farmers" that will give you their shirt off their back type, as long as they're not the evangelical and/or QAnon type.

Thread Information