Any videos of the alternate angle yet?
    Back, and to the left.
    Back, and to the left.

Back...and to the left.

Unsigned #1 Draft Pick RonMexico's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    What's funny is that you can do that with any player that plays hard on D.

I don't doubt that Bowen is sneaky/crafty/dirty sometimes. I also don't think his intent is to injure players.

But what's funny is that everyone keeps bringing up how he "gets away" with it. Why do you think that is? Is he such a big name with great marketability that the league protects him? Is it a conspiracy to keep the small market Spurs winning? It just doesn't make sense.

As a Spur, Bowen has never been suspended. He's never been ejected. But all the opponents' fans think he's the "dirtiest player in the league." That doesn't make sense either. He doesn't even average very many fouls.

He crowds players. He works them. He gets under their skin. They get frustrated. There's oftentimes contact. But he's not going out every game punching and kicking like some people make it out to be.

Last night, he was probably wrong to react to Paul hitting him the nuts. But hey, if I was a guy and got hit in the nuts twice in a matter of seconds ... I'd probably react too.
    Basically Bruce Bowen is Ron Artest, but he hasn't abused dogs, run into the stands after a fan, demanded a trade, or beat his wife.

It seems like in the NBA unless you are a high profile star (i.e. Kobe "following through on his shot") or a high profile nutcase (i.e. SJax, Artest, David Harrison, pretty much everyone who has worn a Pacer uniform), then you don't get suspended for (relatively) minor on-the-court activity.

I mean, compare Artest elbowing Manu 2 years ago to Raja Bell clotheslining Kobe and tell me those both deserved a 1 game suspension? Bell's would probably have been at least 2 in the regular season. Also, thanks to Bell's move on Kobe, he was a target for Stu and Co. so he got a 1-gamer for hitting Bargnani in the nuts last year (a play that I didn't even see in real time during the game... and one the broadcast team in Toronto didn't replay).

Now if Bowen finally gets convicted of shooting Julius Hodge 3 years ago...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last time the Spurs and Mavs played i Tivo'd the game and went back and watched it twice. I took a sheet of paper out and put a tick mark down for every potential foul on Bowen. Both times i had over 70 tick marks. And that was what i could see from the TV cameras.

He is the dirtiest player in the league and gets away with 90% of it.

you sir have no life outside of your 4 walls.

who the does this kind of bs? i mean really....?

"i am going to mark down every foul that bowen may have committed in this game and then try and shove the results in the spurs fans faces on a spurs forum"

you are a loser and i think we can all attest to that more so then we can to the validity of bowen being a dirty player.

i love the fact that you are jotting down what could possibly be considered a foul here and there when you have no credentials to do so in the first place. then you act like we should care what some has to say who watches the same game in front of his tv and not from the court wearing a zebra shirt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been booted over and over and over under various screen names and IPs. If someone is that freakin' desperate to post at SpursTalk, then hey, maybe we should let them. Maybe this is all the life they have.
    why you gotta cut on me so much kori? hahahaha....

i just can't get enough ST!
    Last edited by koriwhat; 03-13-2008 at 04:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is no coincidence that these "accidents" with Bowen somehow always involve the guy who is going off on the Spurs. He somehow never accidentally kicks or steps under a guy who is sucking that night.
    as stated before... bowen defends the oppositions best not their tiest player. MESSAGE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Paul gets in a couple "Hodges" and then does a Steve Nash flop to top it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the slow-motion part.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Suspend them both then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesnt even look like bowen did anything except try to get the ball and then get out of the way. thanks for the vid timvp/kori.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how this thread has turned into a Kobe rapist thread. It's almost like any thread on ST that is over 5 pages long will invariably turn into one of the following:

1.) Kobe vs. Lebron argument
    2.) Kobe vs. Jordan argument
    3.) Kobe is a rapist
    it, lets go all the way then since you brought it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesnt even look like bowen did anything except try to get the ball and then get out of the way. thanks for the vid timvp/kori.
    Exactly. Bowen does stuff wrong on occasion, but when you watch it slowed down, I'm not sure he even did anything here. But Paul definitely hits him the groin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that avatar is freaking awesome! who made that for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how paul just throws himself back on the ground at the end. Reminded me of how Nash sold the Horry hip check.

All I see is two guys playing hard. Paul being sneaky trying to hit Bowens nuts

Anyone who claims this as "another" Bowen cheap shot is not being objective and just hates the Spurs.

I'm Calm
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for those who haven't seen the aforementioned paul punching julius hodges' balls in college, here's the link. chris paul has picked up some bad habits it seems.

http://www.extremesportclips.com/vid...ius-Hodge.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OH MY GOD.

The two videos are so totally different you'd almost believe TIMVP did some kind of CIA POP editing.

Crazy ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OH MY GOD.

The two videos are so totally different you'd almost believe TIMVP did some kind of CIA POP editing.

Crazy ...
    What a difference the angle makes. Live, I thought he hit him in the nuts but the slow motion, there's no doubt. I posted a link to the video on ESPN True Hoop because they have been hanging Bowen there all day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that avatar is freaking awesome! who made that for you?
    My avatar? I think Pistons<Spurs made it. It is in the spork thread. I just changed the date to 2008.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a difference the angle makes. Live, I thought he hit him in the nuts but the slow motion, there's no doubt. I posted a link to the video on ESPN Full Hoop because they have been hanging Bowen there all day.
    Yeah, Chris Paul, intentional or not, totally sold Bowen kicking him from the first angle, even the announcer bought it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My avatar? I think Pistons<Spurs made it. It is in the spork thread. I just changed the date to 2008.
    yeah that is funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last time the Spurs and Mavs played i Tivo'd the game and went back and watched it twice. I took a sheet of paper out and put a tick mark down for every potential foul on Bowen. Both times i had over 70 tick marks. And that was what i could see from the TV cameras.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    All that video shows me is that Bowen shouldn't wear nuts next game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow no Bowen haters since the other angle was posted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ok CP just lost some respect in my eyes...

You dont go hitting a guy in the nuts.

I dont get what he is thinking, cameras everywhere today...

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Wow no Bowen haters since the other angle was posted.
    I still hate him for other reasons.

He still pulled the "kick him while he's down, then pull my hands back" move.

Even though nothing CP3 did is justified. That is all.

Thread Information